• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff Open

Started by zebrafan, March 14, 2019, 08:59:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

March 14, 2019, 08:59:07 pm Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:25:52 pm by zebrafan
Bolding heads across town to White Hall...best of luck to him! As for candidates for the PBH job I wouldn't know where to begin, thoughts on who might get this job? Also the state has control of PBH that will effect things.

STUNNA

March 14, 2019, 09:02:46 pm #1 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:06:24 pm by STUNNA
Doubt he would take it... But Hembree would be a great fit at Pine Bluff in my opinion.  But he has some studs coming through middle school right now in Warren.

Baitshop

Hembree has had so many opportunities to leave Warren over the years. I can't imagine him leaving to go to a school that is under State Control.

Trojan

zebradynasty

I'd be really shocked if Hembree took it! He has it good where he's at and appears to be comfortable. I think Stinson would be the front runner but I think there's at least one more on the current staff that at one time wanted it. Not sure how much the district being under state control will affect the number or quality of candidates. Without a school board it might be hard to address the athletic department needs.

Pat Swilling

Jesusfreak

Hogman2018

Jimbo Morphis

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Jesusfreak on March 15, 2019, 01:19:52 pm
Shelton?

He'd be a dandy but I don't think either side will pursue it

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dr. Defense on March 16, 2019, 06:53:06 pm
He'd be a dandy but I don't think either side will pursue it
Could just see Pine Bluff fans loving the wishbone all the way down the field then going to the spread inside the 10.

Jesusfreak

Quote from: Oldman on March 16, 2019, 08:08:59 pm
Could just see Pine Bluff fans loving the wishbone all the way down the field then going to the spread inside the 10.

I don't recall Shelton making those type of playcalls, but I only saw him coach when he played ElDo  4 times in 2008 and 2009. I remember his power running attack out of the wishbone was almost unstoppable, easily one of the most physical offenses I've seen ever. He would throw it deep at times, but I never remember him switching to a spread in goaline situations, just shoving it down the Ds throat with the wishbone. Also always seemed to go for the 2 pt conversion and converting at a very high percentage. 
Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I always thought Shelton was a great coach and a class act.

Hope the Zebras get a coach who can get the job done, but they have high expectations there, and have one of the best talent bases in the state as far as size, speed, and athleticism.

I miss the Pine Bluff Eldo rivalry, perhaps reclassification or a non conference series
an bring these two great programs back together in the future, or at least meeting in the playoffs regularly. Last year's PB Eldo playoff game was ugly and beautiful to watch, too bad the wrong team won....

zebrafan

Quote from: Jesusfreak on March 16, 2019, 09:36:52 pm
I don't recall Shelton making those type of playcalls, but I only saw him coach when he played ElDo  4 times in 2008 and 2009. I remember his power running attack out of the wishbone was almost unstoppable, easily one of the most physical offenses I've seen ever. He would throw it deep at times, but I never remember him switching to a spread in goaline situations, just shoving it down the Ds throat with the wishbone. Also always seemed to go for the 2 pt conversion and converting at a very high percentage. 
Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I always thought Shelton was a great coach and a class act.

Hope the Zebras get a coach who can get the job done, but they have high expectations there, and have one of the best talent bases in the state as far as size, speed, and athleticism.

I miss the Pine Bluff Eldo rivalry, perhaps reclassification or a non conference series
an bring these two great programs back together in the future, or at least meeting in the playoffs regularly. Last year's PB Eldo playoff game was ugly and beautiful to watch, too bad the wrong team won....
I hope we stay at a high level...We will see how it goes..😂 last years game was ugly/beautiful!

zebradynasty

March 16, 2019, 11:22:31 pm #13 Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:32:51 pm by zebradynasty
I was not aware that we also lost Lovelady to white hall. Losing his work with the Qb's might sting a little. Wasn't all that impressed with his play calling. It's a long shot but I would like Cortez Lee to come to PB as an asst or head coach.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 16, 2019, 11:22:31 pm
I was not aware that we also lost Lovelady to white hall. Losing his work with the Qb's might sting a little. Wasn't all that impressed with his play calling. It's long shot but I would like Cortez Lee to come to PB as an asst.
Would like Lee to come over on staff as well.

Oldbadger

I don't pretend to know all the coaches in the state, but I surely don't know Stinson. Why haven't I heard about him? Someone give us the lowdown. Not sure PB alums would want a wishbone offense. lol.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldbadger on March 17, 2019, 01:12:57 pm
I don't pretend to know all the coaches in the state, but I surely don't know Stinson. Why haven't I heard about him? Someone give us the lowdown. Not sure PB alums would want a wishbone offense. lol.

Was RB here at Pine Bluff then went on to the UA, in the mid 90's. Bolding hired him as position coach some years ago. He eventually got a head coaching job at LR Hall lasted maybe 2 seasons (Hall could care less about winning in football) then came back to PB and has been here as an assistant head coach. His son was a pre-season all state last year but broke his foot in preseason and never recovered.

Jesusfreak

Bring back Marion Glover :o

1reddieLB

Weren't there 2 assistants that went to White Hall? Who and what they coach?

zebrafan

Quote from: 1reddieLB on March 20, 2019, 01:21:03 pm
Weren't there 2 assistants that went to White Hall? Who and what they coach?
OC- Lobelady
LBs- Blake Johnson

Both left with Bolding, curious to see if any transfer go to WH in the off-season.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on March 20, 2019, 09:48:33 pm
OC- Lobelady
LBs- Blake Johnson

Both left with Bolding, curious to see if any transfer go to WH in the off-season.

Yep I can see maybe one or two.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 20, 2019, 10:03:10 pm
Yep I can see maybe one or two.
Hopefully not main pieces buuuuut you never know😑

zebradynasty

Is it be too late to transfer and be eligible to play this fall anyway? Unless they actually moved to white hall.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 25, 2019, 11:02:37 am
Is it be too late to transfer and be eligible to play this fall anyway? Unless they actually moved to white hall.
Not sure but Bolding was a master in the "recruiting trail".

YoungThunder

I didn't know they were under state control. It will be hard to attract a good quality coach to fill the shoes of Bolding. How long was he at Pine Bluff for? I'm sure this will cause some kids to transfer and go across town to White Hall. White Hall hit a big homerun with this hire.

zebradynasty

March 27, 2019, 03:36:06 pm #25 Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:11:24 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: YoungThunder on March 27, 2019, 12:55:45 pm
I didn't know they were under state control. It will be hard to attract a good quality coach to fill the shoes of Bolding. How long was he at Pine Bluff for? I'm sure this will cause some kids to transfer and go across town to White Hall. White Hall hit a big homerun with this hire.

State control will only be an issue if the new coach wants to be the Athletic Director and not teach class...that ain't happening. Kids transferring to white hall may have a couple but not in mass.

zebrafan

Quote from: YoungThunder on March 27, 2019, 12:55:45 pm
11 years.

BlueCrew4U

From what I've seen, outside of Athletes everywhere, Pine Bluff would be a really tough job...... not a lot of positives.

zebradynasty

April 03, 2019, 02:07:26 pm #28 Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:09:03 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: BlueCrew4U on April 02, 2019, 01:15:28 pm
From what I've seen, outside of Athletes everywhere, Pine Bluff would be a really tough job...... not a lot of positives.

Tough...I dunno maybe challenging There are more positive things going on here now than have been in years. Main thing is figuring out how to improve the educational system that's the tough part!

Redwolves8526

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 03, 2019, 02:07:26 pm
Tough...I dunno maybe challenging There are more positive things going on here now than have been in years. Main thing is figuring out how to improve the educational system that's the tough part!

Is discipline bad in the high school?

ricepig

zebradynasty

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 04, 2019, 10:03:10 am
Is discipline bad in the high school?

In the high school yes on the football team NO!

Pat Swilling

zebrafan

Quote from: Pat Swilling on April 08, 2019, 08:22:32 am
rumors?
You won't hear anything on candidates for this job probably...and in the end I'm pretty sure Stinson will be the HC.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on April 08, 2019, 05:53:31 pm
You won't hear anything on candidates for this job probably...and in the end I'm pretty sure Stinson will be the HC.

That's who I'm hearing as well. That would be my choice it would help with the continuity of what has been done. It also will help with the mentoring part of the job.

zebrafan

Rod Stinson is the new Zebra head coach. Congrats!

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebrafan on April 17, 2019, 03:19:32 pm

Congrats, Z's on getting the guy you wanted.

zebrafan

Quote from: Pr8hd on April 17, 2019, 07:02:44 pm
Congrats, Z's on getting the guy you wanted.
I wanted Saban.

Pat Swilling

UncleRico

Quote from: zebrafan on April 17, 2019, 03:19:32 pm
2 Thumbs up. He Deserved it, and will be great for PB.

zebradynasty

April 18, 2019, 10:42:18 am #40 Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:53:43 am by zebradynasty
Don't know who else applied but this is about as good of a hire as we could asked for. Stinson learned a LOT from Bolding and there are some very experienced assistants already on staff. He has the ZEBRA PRIDE and his family ties to the  program reaches back for decades. The kids here respond well to him and he is an excellent mentor for the many at risk kids here. Losing our OC stings a little, having an ex college QB as a OC was a plus. BUT I think some new ideas specifically in our passing game could be great (In the past our passing game has been way too simple, even if it was effective at times). 

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 18, 2019, 10:42:18 am
Don't know who else applied but this is about as good of a hire as we could asked for. Stinson learned a LOT from Bolding and there are some very experienced assistants already on staff. He has the ZEBRA PRIDE and his family ties to the  program reaches back for decades. The kids here respond well to him and he is an excellent mentor for the many at risk kids here. Losing our OC stings a little, having an ex college QB as a OC was a plus. BUT I think some new ideas specifically in our passing game could be great (In the past our passing game has been way too simple, even if it was effective at times). 
Hopefully he gets the support he needs...and will maybe keep some kids from jumping to WH.

Jimbo Morphis

Good luck to Coach Stinson

GotInfo?

Happy for Coach Stinson.  If they let him hire for the positions lost, they will have a chance to be good next year.  I'm like zebrafan, hope this keeps the kids from jumping to WH with Coach Bolding.

Da Truff

Was Stenson the OC under Bolding?

zebrafan

Quote from: Da Truff on April 24, 2019, 09:29:58 am
Was Stenson the OC under Bolding?
DC under Bolding, the 2 that went to WH are Lovelady (OC) and and a younger asst (forgot his name).

Lumberjackfan1978

Good luck coach Stinson

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 03, 2019, 02:07:26 pm

That district seems to be losing numbers of students at a steady pace. Some years back they had to close 1 elementary school (Oak Park) and closed their 7th Grade school (Southeast) too. Just recently they announced that they are going to close 2 more Elementary schools after the school year ends. One was to wonder how much longer they will be in 6A.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 02, 2019, 02:50:23 pm
That district seems to be losing numbers of students at a steady pace. Some years back they had to close 1 elementary school (Oak Park) and closed their 7th Grade school (Southeast) too. Just recently they announced that they are going to close 2 more Elementary schools after the school year ends. One was to wonder how much longer they will be in 6A.
PB is only ahead of Greenwood (890) and LR Parkview(864) with (893) students, I'm sure the next cycle we will be in 5A.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on May 03, 2019, 03:24:18 am
PB is only ahead of Greenwood (890) and LR Parkview(864) with (893) students, I'm sure the next cycle we will be in 5A.

If PA can petition to play up in class I wonder if PB could play up also?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas