• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside @ Stuttgart Week 4

Started by SouthernerPride, September 15, 2018, 12:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2018, 09:27:22 pm
You were right...the SS bus just pulled away. Stuttgart exposes SS.

I honestly can not put a finger on 4A this season... I think we all know the consensus is Warren and Robinson are very, very good. After that honestly there seems to be about 15 teams if they got hot late could make a run past Thanksgiving. This should make for a competitive 4A state tournament in November.

Coltfan2005

Batesville SS will have to change completely to be competitive with any good team. No speed and blown off the line both ways.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 21, 2018, 09:33:36 pm
Batesville SS will have to change completely to be competitive with any good team. No speed and blown off the line both ways.

Which again spoke about the physicality of both teams I was referencing. I had a hunch it wasn't going to be pretty for SS. I'm sure they will turn it around next week, but it's clear Stuttgart is the best this conference has to offer this season!

Razorhummer

Congrats to the Ricebirds. I was unable to make the 2 1/2 hour drive. It's hard to go into Stuttgart and get a win. Watched them and Newport for many of years and saw some good games there. I'm sure Southside will make some adjustments next week when they host Riverview. We just got outplayed!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 22, 2018, 03:15:00 am
Congrats to the Ricebirds. I was unable to make the 2 1/2 hour drive. It's hard to go into Stuttgart and get a win. Watched them and Newport for many of years and saw some good games there. I'm sure Southside will make some adjustments next week when they host Riverview. We just got outplayed!
It's not that hard to go to Stuttgart and get a win...lol

SUGARTOWN

Good performance by the Birds last night. I was expecting a closer game, but the Southside offense couldn't get much going at all. The Ricebird defense pursued well sideline to
sideline.

The offense had a couple hundred yard rushers, including David Walker with rushing 4 TD's. Still
plenty to work on, need to cut down the penalties and keep improving the passing game. Hopefully they can keep it going next week at Heber.

phdefense

Razorhummer

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 22, 2018, 10:22:50 am
It's not that hard to go to Stuttgart and get a win...lol
I was going to say except for Warren but I do have a few Stuttgart friends on here. :)

Razorhummer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 22, 2018, 12:52:37 pm
Good performance by the Birds last night. I was expecting a closer game, but the Southside offense couldn't get much going at all. The Ricebird defense pursued well sideline to
sideline.

The offense had a couple hundred yard rushers, including David Walker with rushing 4 TD's. Still
plenty to work on, need to cut down the penalties and keep improving the passing game. Hopefully they can keep it going next week at Heber.
I heard that the first game with DeWitt Stuttgart experimented with Johnson at WR. After listening to the game Stuttgart made a bad decision with the loss at DeWitt. That kid is good and you got some great RB's as well.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 23, 2018, 01:44:14 am
I heard that the first game with DeWitt Stuttgart experimented with Johnson at WR. After listening to the game Stuttgart made a bad decision with the loss at DeWitt. That kid is good and you got some great RB's as well.

You're correct about the DeWitt game.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 23, 2018, 01:39:57 am
I was going to say except for Warren but I do have a few Stuttgart friends on here. :)
Not to many posters on here can be joked with, Ricebird fans normally can take it and dish  it out back at ya.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 17, 2018, 11:15:05 am
have you seen Southside and Stuttgart both play this year?

I have. I will say Southside looks every bit as athletic and hit just as hard as Stuttgart did. I fully expect this to be a great game but I would not be surprised to see the Southerners up and run away with this game. Just like last year.

We might need to put out an APB for SouthernerPride. I'm interested to hear his take on this game.

HeberFan

I kept telling the Batesville boys.... Stuttgart has a winning tradition that is not to be taken lightly.

AverageJo24

I am from Batesville, and I just don't get where all this Southside hype has come from. They have one good year, and they think their team is the best in 4a. I just find it ridiculous and Stuttgart did exactly what they needed to do. Punch em in the mouth. Is Southside a good team that is going to have success this year? Sure. Are they going to make a run deep in the playoffs? Naw. They just aren't a great team and its time for these Southside parents and fans to wake up and start being realistic. 

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 24, 2018, 07:59:05 am
We might need to put out an APB for SouthernerPride. I'm interested to hear his take on this game.

Guess his mouth of full of rice?

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 24, 2018, 11:49:55 am
I am from Batesville, and I just don't get where all this Southside hype has come from. They have one good year, and they think their team is the best in 4a. I just find it ridiculous and Stuttgart did exactly what they needed to do. Punch em in the mouth. Is Southside a good team that is going to have success this year? Sure. Are they going to make a run deep in the playoffs? Naw. They just aren't a great team and its time for these Southside parents and fans to wake up and start being realistic.

Let me guess, you're a Pioneer fan??

Lizard47

Congrats to coach Price from the Lizard Nation! Y'all made a statement to open conference play. Good luck to you this season.

HeberFan

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 25, 2018, 08:50:06 am
Congrats to coach Price from the Lizard Nation! Y'all made a statement to open conference play. Good luck to you this season.

Ya'll need a Doors tune as your theme song...

AverageJo24

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on September 24, 2018, 02:53:14 pm

Let me guess, you're a Pioneer fan??

Nope. I'm not even from this area. Just moved in a few years ago. Good guess though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on September 25, 2018, 09:33:35 am
Ya'll need a Doors tune as your theme song...

Roadhouse Blues, People are Strange, The End, Riders on the Storm?

Lizard47

HeberFan

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 25, 2018, 09:45:04 am
That one is lost on me

The Doors... famous rock band from 1965 to 1973.  Jim Morrison, the lead singer, called himself "The Lizard King."

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 25, 2018, 09:35:26 am

All good ones...

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 25, 2018, 09:35:26 am

The Doors usually ended their shows with, The End.  As you know, the song closes by drifting out into silence. And the shows ended that way, too. People didn't cheer wildly as the show wrapped, they silently walked out. Odd.  I guess people are strange!   :o)

Lizard47

Quote from: HeberFan on September 25, 2018, 09:48:18 am
The Doors... famous rock band from 1965 to 1973.  Jim Morrison, the lead singer, called himself "The Lizard King."

Now it makes sense! I am well aware of the Doors but I had forgotten the Lizard King reference. Just got off a 12 hr shift, not feeling so sharp at the moments

HeberFan

Ya'll think Southside fans have learned you NEVER talk big before a game, or, afterwards?

Me neither.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on September 26, 2018, 08:51:56 am
Ya'll think Southside fans have learned you NEVER talk big before a game, or, afterwards?

Me neither.

Well, they've only won 2 big games in their school's history, so there's a learning curve there.

Razorhummer

cuckoobird

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 03, 2018, 08:01:03 pm
Who won? I've been on vacation

Stuttgart looks to win the rest of its conference games, that's who.

AverageJo24

Quote from: Razorhummer on September 28, 2018, 04:32:59 am
And the Pioneers are winless. ;D

Batesville would still destroy Southside. Take a look at that JV score. It was like 40-0. Oh and btw I believe Batesville has won a game now ;)

HeberFan

Quote from: AverageJo24 on October 04, 2018, 09:14:48 am
Batesville would still destroy Southside. Take a look at that JV score. It was like 40-0. Oh and btw I believe Batesville has won a game now ;)

Lots of 4A schools would be winless against 5A competition. That's why they segregate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas