• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-4 district tournament

Started by xadboy, February 13, 2016, 05:25:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

What are the days and times of the games and participants?

Clara Allen

Lamar boys and girls play Wednesday- 6 and 7:15 i think.  We are the three seed, so I guess it is the 7 seed on both sides?

xadboy

We play the winner of Danville vs Booneville.

The Dynasty

Charleston boys play the winner of Atkins/Paris at 5:15 on Thursday.

Longfellow

Don't know about y'all, but I'm really hoping for a Danville/TR rematch. I don't think they want it based on the results of the last two, but I know we do

Clara Allen

I just hope I'm able to come down for Wednesday's games

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2016, 05:51:52 pm
Finals on Friday

.....smh.....I may be making a change of plans to come see this one then...

Clara Allen

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on February 14, 2016, 06:57:58 pm
Quote from: xadboy on February 14, 2016, 02:47:55 pm

Is that girls?

Both boys and girls....If your boys and girls both win that game...then they both get Two Rivers

Clara Allen

Quote from: HF on February 14, 2016, 07:20:05 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on February 14, 2016, 06:57:58 pm
Quote from: xadboy on February 14, 2016, 02:47:55 pm

Is that girls?

Both boys and girls....If your boys and girls both win that game...then they both get Two Rivers

OK cool  I haven't seen a filled in bracket.  Just going on what the coach told me Thursday at lunch.

HorseFeathers

Semi Finals on Thursday
Boys would be
Charleston vs Atkins/Paris
Two Rivers vs Lamar/Booneville/Danville

Girls Would Be
Paris vs Charleston/Atkins
Two Rivers vs Lamar/Booneville/Danville

3 Dollar

When does this tournament start?  Tonight? or Tomorrow night?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 15, 2016, 05:14:07 pm
When does this tournament start?  Tonight? or Tomorrow night?

Think the 6-7 games are tonight...

winnersnomatterwhat

Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2016, 03:12:05 pm
Don't know about y'all, but I'm really hoping for a Danville/TR rematch. I don't think they want it based on the results of the last two, but I know we do
then if it's not a good competition then why do you want to play then. Besides that your the one that makes a fool of yourself on that microphone! JS ??? ???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: winnersnomatterwhat on February 15, 2016, 05:37:35 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on February 14, 2016, 03:12:05 pm
then if it's not a good competition then why do you want to play then. Besides that your the one that makes a fool of yourself on that microphone! JS ??? ???

Ola ..eeerrr two rivers takes any chance they can go beat big brother danvillw

Black and Gold

winnersnomatterwhat must be a Danville fan...

Longfellow

3 Dollar

xadboy

Curious about the Atkins vs Paris game. Atkins is dangerous and knocked Paris off two weeks ago. Can Paris capture that intensity they had shown about 3 weeks ago. Should shape up to be a very good game.

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on February 16, 2016, 01:05:10 am
Curious about the Atkins vs Paris game. Atkins is dangerous and knocked Paris off two weeks ago. Can Paris capture that intensity they had shown about 3 weeks ago. Should shape up to be a very good game.

When you take into account that its is to get to the regionals this might be the most exciting game of the tournament.

adaptedtigerfan

Is this the "everybody gets a trophy/metal game"

The Dynasty

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 16, 2016, 08:51:06 am
Is this the "everybody gets a trophy/metal game"

No it's called there are 5 very solid teams in our conference. A conference that could very easily put 4 teams in the state tournament.

3 Dollar

What is the schedule like tonight?

Longfellow

I'll post it when I have a copy (administration has been stingy with them), but it should be the 6/7, 4/5 games.

The Dynasty

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 16, 2016, 09:19:01 am
What is the schedule like tonight?

Boys:

(6) Booneville vs (7) Danville @ 5:15

(4) Paris vs (5) Atkins @ 7:45

Girls:

(6) Danville vs (7) Booneville @ 4:00

(4) Charleston vs (5) Atkins @ 6:30

BigMan15

Who all is going to watch tonight?

adaptedtigerfan

What happened to the good ole days when 1 &2 went to regionals and 1 & 2 went to state?

Radiotalker

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 16, 2016, 10:33:54 am
What happened to the good ole days when 1 &2 went to regionals and 1 & 2 went to state?

I remember when there wasn't regionals.

Radiotalker

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 16, 2016, 09:51:33 am
Boys:

(6) Booneville vs (7) Danville @ 5:15

(4) Paris vs (5) Atkins @ 7:45

Girls:

(6) Danville vs (7) Booneville @ 4:00

(4) Charleston vs (5) Atkins @ 6:30

Do winners of these games qualify for regionals?

1-Adam-12

Winners of the 4-5 games do. Winners of 6-7 games will play Lamar tomorrow and that winner goes to regionals.

The Dynasty

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 16, 2016, 10:33:54 am

They added 6A/7A and spread the smaller schools out. Got to have 16 teams in the state tournament so the AAA can make that money!!!!!

xadboy

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 16, 2016, 08:49:21 am
When you take into account that its is to get to the regionals this might be the most exciting game of the tournament.
I was glad that we were able to get the 3 seed so we wouldn't be in that position of having to play Atkins again. Atkins played us hard 3 times with each being a close game. People always say its hard to beat a team 3 or 4 times in one season. Not sure that I would want to face either one of those teams.

xadboy

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 16, 2016, 08:54:18 am
No it's called there are 5 very solid teams in our conference. A conference that could very easily put 4 teams in the state tournament.
Very true, I believe you could put Atkins/Paris/Lamar in any of the other conferences and they would compete for conference title and not be a 3/4/5 seed. If you put Ctown/TR in another conference and they probably win that conference. The 3A 4 has 5 state quality teams and I would put our top 5 against any other top 5 and we would win all of those games. Not saying that all 5 could win state. Ctown and TR both have the talent to go deep at state. Lamar and Paris/Atkins might be able to get into second round depending on who they get matched up with.

winnersnomatterwhat

Longfellow

If you don't want another chance to blow out Danville, you are not a true TR fan

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: Longfellow on February 16, 2016, 12:37:40 pm
If you don't want another chance to blow out Danville, you are not a true TR fan
Good thing it is on the court and not the field, cause Ola, sorry, Two Rivers can't win there. :D
just kidding!!

BigMan15

Who will be giving updates today

xadboy

Hopefully Longfellow can give updates. My water pump has gone out on my truck. So I won't be able to attend tonight's festivities. Just hope my truck is fixed in time tomorrow to make it down there.

Longfellow

I'll get updates for every game do my best to get some stats

HorseFeathers

I'll be there....eventually....lol

Longfellow

Danville Girls 55
Booneville Girls 46
Finals

Danville girls plays Lamar tomorrow at 6

HorseFeathers

It's nice to see that even the schools that barely acknowledge basketball(booneville) still have fans that yell at thebrefs haha

Longfellow

Little Johns 43
Bearcats 31
Final

Little Johns play Lamar

Longfellow

Charleston girls didn't score in the 3rd. Atkins leads 27-20

BigMan15

Longfellow

BigMan15

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas