• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Junior Players in 3A????

Started by bigdoug, February 12, 2016, 01:50:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoug

With all the senior class talent leaving after this year like Freeman, Robinson, Daley, Reeves etc. Who is gonna be the best players left in the 3A. Just wondering!!

Longfellow

Austin Lacy from TR. He's only a sophomore, but he averages about 7 ppg coming off the bench and as a spot starter. He's a skinny kid for a post, but has a good set of moves around the basket, and moves his feet well on defense. He just struggles with stronger matchups

bigdoug

Quote from: Longfellow on February 12, 2016, 02:02:45 pm
Austin Lacy from TR. He's only a sophomore, but he averages about 7 ppg coming off the bench and as a spot starter. He's a skinny kid for a post, but has a good set of moves around the basket, and moves his feet well on defense. He just struggles with stronger matchups

JUNIORS!!

Proud Buckaroo

Charles Manning from smackover could probably be in this conversation.

Longfellow

teachers pet

Steven Benson, 6'5" post from Jessieville should be a top inside player next year.

xadboy

This is a little off the subject, but I have to say this year's senior class is loaded. Many teams are losing some great players in both football and basketball. Hopefully everyone has some players moving up, but they got some big shoes to fill.

Brandon Fenner from Charleston is one that comes to mind.

Markadomous

hawgfan15

Black and Gold

I think I can add to this list... Brandon Fenner ;D

HorseFeathers

Eagle20

Christian Brown's younger brother who starts as a sophomore for Harmony Grove.  Averages about 10 ppg and could be as good a  shooter than Christian because of his height.  6'4"

bigdoug

ballaj21

ZoneBuster

Jake Wynn for Valley is a junior I believe. Should be in discussion.

Lrbasketballguru

Gavin Hawkins and Kam Brasfieldfor ECS. Not to mention some extremly good 8th graders who will be freshmen next year playing varsity

Eaglefan22

neds

Quote from: bigdoug on February 14, 2016, 05:43:29 pm
Does Episcopal not have one?

Just the transfer that's sitting this year

jr17

What about Brasfield. He's pretty solid.

BigMan15

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eagle20 on February 13, 2016, 12:08:31 am
Christian Brown's younger brother who starts as a sophomore for Harmony Grove.  Averages about 10 ppg and could be as good a  shooter than Christian because of his height.  6'4"
and he will be a junior next year possibly.

ballaj21

neds

Quote from: jr17 on February 15, 2016, 12:03:00 pm
What about Brasfield. He's pretty solid.

True. He must play w/more intensity as a senior.

Jvlion15

Steven benson from Jessieville 27 an 15 vs episcopal

neds

Quote from: Jvlion15 on February 21, 2016, 03:43:54 pm
Steven benson from Jessieville 27 an 15 vs episcopal

Good luck to you in the post season

BigMan15

beach bum

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 15, 2016, 12:49:40 pm
Brandon Fenner
http://hudl.com/athlete/6808833/highlights/331344375

He will make some college coach happy with the ability to stretch a defense like that shooting with that much ease from pro range and there were times he came off screens then catch and fire away which that ability from a high schooler is not found very often.

neds

I'll go with Brandon in that match up

Eagle20

Quote from: Oldman on February 15, 2016, 12:58:32 pm
and he will be a junior next year possibly.
Thanks Oldman!  The conversation had already moved to sophomores. Would you like an apology?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eagle20 on February 21, 2016, 10:56:46 pm
Thanks Oldman!  The conversation had already moved to sophomores. Would you like an apology?
nah I'm good.

papaeagle

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 15, 2016, 12:49:40 pm
Brandon Fenner
http://hudl.com/athlete/6808833/highlights/331344375
Have seen your son play 3 times. Effortless 3 point shooter from WAY out more often than close it. Reminds me of Rotney Clark of the Razorbacks a few years ago except he was only 6 foot, as I recall. Brandon needs to consider going to the U of A! They will need some 3 point shooters after Hannahs graduates next year. Any plans for his coach to send film to the U of A? Has any major college scouted him this year? Just a great shooter. Needs to crash the boards a bit more on his missed shots but he is SO far out and can't get to the bucket!! LOL
   Good luck next year and hope he stays in state in college.

urban legend2

Quote from: papaeagle on February 22, 2016, 11:10:49 pm
Have seen your son play 3 times. Effortless 3 point shooter from WAY out more often than close it. Reminds me of Rotney Clark of the Razorbacks a few years ago except he was only 6 foot, as I recall. Brandon needs to consider going to the U of A! They will need some 3 point shooters after Hannahs graduates next year. Any plans for his coach to send film to the U of A? Has any major college scouted him this year? Just a great shooter. Needs to crash the boards a bit more on his missed shots but he is SO far out and can't get to the bucket!! LOL
Fenner reminds me of J.J. Redick when he was at Duke. He ran off screens, had unlimited range and was able to create jumpers for himself off the dribble. I'm sure he'll work on his all-around game more during the summer, but the kid definitely can and is a bonafide scorer.

BigMan15

Quote from: papaeagle on February 22, 2016, 11:10:49 pm
He hasnt gotten much looks as of yet but he takes his ACT this spring so that might be the holdup but I have heard interest from some D2 schools.

fbhound

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 23, 2016, 11:40:32 am
He hasnt gotten much looks as of yet but he takes his ACT this spring so that might be the holdup but I have heard interest from some D2 schools.
That ACT score is SO important before colleges will show a real interest. They do not want  to waste their time, so to speak. But, Brandon, as many others, needs to take the test 2-3 times at least. You can work up to an "accumulative" score. ACT needs to be around 22-24 at a minimum for major college entrance requirements and to be strongly looked at by D1 schools. Please keep us informed! 4-3A fans are proud of his athletic accomplishments on the BB court. Perhaps he can get some ACT test taking suggestions/guidance by programs available at each school. My grandson did that and went from a 21 to a 26 on his second ACT test.  Good luck to him ..

BigMan15

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 21, 2016, 06:47:14 pm
Brandon vs Zac
First round of Regionals
I was really impressed with Zac Wolfe last night!! Very athletic, fast, great defender. Bright future for this kid!

Markadomous

I will also add Charles Manning. Got to see him last night . Wow.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Markadomous on February 27, 2016, 02:01:15 pm
I will also add Charles Manning. Got to see him last night . Wow.

He is a role player. He is definitely what makes the whole team go.

strongandsteady

Proud Buckaroo

strongandsteady

Gets boring after a while. Only seen a couple Prescott dunks this year majority of them were junior high games

BigMan15

March 02, 2016, 11:47:56 am #41 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:18:27 pm by BigMan15
Names to watch next year for JRs
Charles Manning Smackover
Brandon Fenner   Charleston
Steven Benson     Jesseville
Zac Wolfe            Greenland
Phillip Hampton     Charleston
Kam Brassfield        ECS
Race Taylor           Paris
Zedrick Lee           Lamar
Jake Wynn             Valley Springs

I know im forgetting some

drybones