• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Two Rivers

Started by Black and Gold, February 09, 2016, 10:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

February 13, 2016, 05:19:28 am #100 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:51:08 am by xadboy
There were ify calls both ways. About the only problem I had was 3 refs, time keeper and the book keeper all didn't see the ball go in the basket on the shooting foul. Its hard to believe that everyone in the gym saw the ball go in the basket but those 5 people. Not accusing anything, just saying. But according to the rules if no one can verify the basket it doesn't count and player is awarded either 2 or 3 free throws depending on where shot was from. But that call plus a couple of other ify calls were not the reason TR got beat. TR didn't rebound hardly at all and TR missed probably 8 to 10 point blank shots. Ctown was crashing the boards on both ends. Now have to ask why TR let the best shooter get the ball after TR had tied the game. But what an incredible shot by Fenner to win!

But overall that was a phenomenal ending to a good game.

The Dynasty

I said after the first time we played TR and I'll say it again this is a top 5 team. If Whitlow, Brimm and Yates are all on they are one of the tougher teams in 3A.

AlumniLights

I guess its safe to say..."How bout them tigers?" Missed a great game I see!

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on February 13, 2016, 05:19:28 am
There were ify calls both ways. About the only problem I had was 3 refs, time keeper and the book keeper all didn't see the ball go in the basket on the shooting foul. Its hard to believe that everyone in the gym saw the ball go in the basket but those 5 people. Not accusing anything, just saying. But according to the rules if no one can verify the basket it doesn't count and player is awarded either 2 or 3 free throws depending on where shot was from. But that call plus a couple of other ify calls were not the reason TR got beat. TR didn't rebound hardly at all and TR missed probably 8 to 10 point blank shots. Ctown was crashing the boards on both ends. Now have to ask why TR let the best shooter get the ball after TR had tied the game. But what an incredible shot by Fenner to win!

Tigers out rebounded TR 46-29.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 15, 2016, 11:14:52 am

That's probably the biggest difference in the ball game....

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on February 15, 2016, 11:51:50 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on February 15, 2016, 11:14:52 am

That's probably the biggest difference in the ball game....

Agreed. It's going to be a fun week of basketball down in TR this week!!!!

xadboy

Charleston is a very puzzling team. Have seen them play 5 times this year. I do think that Ctown will end up at state, but its going to depend on who they get matched up with. If they draw someone that can match up physically then Ctown could be in trouble unless Fenner can get his. 2 of TR best players fouled out, Ctown dominated the boards, but it came down to Fenner hitting a 3 from probably close to 30 feet. Against Lamar Fenner was blistering hot in that first quarter (25 points) and had Ctown up by 16. But Lamar outplayed them the last 3 quarters. So that being said you take 1 shot and 1 quarter away then Ctown might not be conference champs. But Ctown seems to find a way to get it done. I'm not trying to knock Ctown down, just some observations from watching them play.
So lets hope they can keep getting it done in state.

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on February 16, 2016, 01:30:32 am
Charleston is a very puzzling team. Have seen them play 5 times this year. I do think that Ctown will end up at state, but its going to depend on who they get matched up with. If they draw someone that can match up physically then Ctown could be in trouble unless Fenner can get his. 2 of TR best players fouled out, Ctown dominated the boards, but it came down to Fenner hitting a 3 from probably close to 30 feet. Against Lamar Fenner was blistering hot in that first quarter (25 points) and had Ctown up by 16. But Lamar outplayed them the last 3 quarters. So that being said you take 1 shot and 1 quarter away then Ctown might not be conference champs. But Ctown seems to find a way to get it done. I'm not trying to knock Ctown down, just some observations from watching them play.
So lets hope they can keep getting it done in state.

I think you touched on something I've said all year.... Charleston wins with defense and rebounding. Very few teams have shot over 40-45% on us this year and when you rebound like we do it makes it tough on the other team.

dentist15

Quote from: General Lee Speaking on February 12, 2016, 10:13:38 pm
I'll touch on it. Show me in the rule book where that is illegal. Show me where that is against any rule in that whole book. It's not. I saw you and asked Longfellow if you were who I thought you were. You're just a washed up punk who likes to take his failures out on student athletes. Last I checked, Charleston boys basketball has as many rings as TR. If you want to talk about Yates, or Whitlow, or anymore of these kids, by all means send me a pm and you can meet me at district and we'll have a nice long chat

Off topic, but the attack on Dynasty makes me laugh a little. Failures doesn't really apply very well, considering that, if memory serves me right, Dynasty was never on a high school team that lost a conference game (even remember a 70-something to 14 drubbing of a Lavaca team that still won 20 games that season), or district tournament game....they were Regional champs or runner-up all three years that Dynasty played (this was in the days when you had to win regionals or finish runner-up to even go to state), and they usually stayed overnight at the state tournament every year. Considering all of that, and the fact that he knows the game well and is honest about all the teams that are discussed here, you can't say he attacks anyone. Simply calls it like he sees it (as a Charleston fan, but an honest fan who understands the game). It's refreshing to have the opinion of someone who understands the game, and also has the on-court experience to go with it.

Seriously doubt he's a punk either. My dad, who was an assistant coach for the sr boys at Lavaca back during Dynasty's days, said that he was pretty nice down to earth person after he talked to him during a weather delay in the Lavaca gym. (however, my dad didn't like him on the court, but that was due to Dynasty & co. being far and away better and the losses they handed Lavaca, nothing to do with Dynasty as a person. No coach or player should like the opposing players or coaches, while on the court.)

Just my off topic 2cents.

AlumniLights

CLAP CLAP ON THAT RIGHT THERE. Ol' Dynasty is as good of fella as you'll meet. Truth be told Dynasty started his stint as a little league basketball coach of mine back in the day. The lad knows his basketball.

The Dynasty

Dang!!!! Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll have to show my wife this so she can be reminded of a few good qualities I might have!!!!

AlmuniLights that was easily the best team in Charleston little league history!!!!

AlumniLights

Hands down. Learned all my hustle from those days!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas