• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Two Rivers

Started by Black and Gold, February 09, 2016, 10:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Gold

Not gonna lie, I'm quite stoked for this one. I've got plenty of friends from TR who I'll see at this game. I'll take the homer route and say Charleston by 3. Coach Ross will still be in a helmet due to the concussion received at Paris. Hopefully it won't impair his judgement.

Go Tigers!

beach bum

Whoever is the home team in this affair I will take.... both teams are going to have a great postseason at regionals and state. Good luck to both.

Black and Gold

The Dynasty

Can't wait for this one. I would love to lock up the conference title against TR with how everything went down at their place.

GBattack

Does Ross get to coach in this one?

The Dynasty

Quote from: GBattack on February 10, 2016, 08:47:01 am
Does Ross get to coach in this one?

Bet your backside he does and unless TR brings the Ola crew he will make it the entire game.

beach bum

Quote from: Black and Gold on February 10, 2016, 08:37:49 am
Charleston will be the home team

Charleston avenges a previous defeat then. This may turn into quite a series between these two if the season plays out as it should. There are too many things that can happen in basketball where I have seen crazy upsets so I better not speak too soon but I for see at least two more games between these two in the coming weeks as  well.

The Dynasty

Quote from: beach bum on February 10, 2016, 08:56:13 am
Quote from: Black and Gold on February 10, 2016, 08:37:49 am
Charleston will be the home team

Charleston avenges a previous defeat then. This may turn into quite a series between these two if the season plays out as it should. There are too many things that can happen in basketball where I have seen crazy upsets so I better not speak too soon but I for see at least two more games between these two in the coming weeks as  well.

Charleston walked into a war zone armed with a supersoaker in the first game. We got beat badly. I don't see that happening this time around. That was a wake up call for us. Charleston is averaging 70 ppg and are 7-0 since that loss.

Black and Gold

I wasn't there, but from what I was told we couldn't hit a thing, and TR couldn't miss a thing. Hard to win on a night like that.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Black and Gold on February 10, 2016, 09:53:45 am
I wasn't there, but from what I was told we couldn't hit a thing, and TR couldn't miss a thing. Hard to win on a night like that.

I left convinced that no 3A team would have beaten them that night.

1-Adam-12

If Charleston shoots the whole game like they did in the third quarter against Booneville they won't be beat.  I had them shooting 79% in that quarter, 75% from beyond the arc.

The Dynasty

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 10, 2016, 11:43:49 am
If Charleston shoots the whole game like they did in the third quarter against Booneville they won't be beat.  I had them shooting 79% in that quarter, 75% from beyond the arc.

Over 50% for the game.

1-Adam-12

The Dynasty

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 10, 2016, 12:02:07 pm
Yup.  Had them at 55.

It will be a tough game for sure. Should be very entertaining.

The Dynasty

Over/under on how many times TR players talk to the refs tomorrow night after foul calls? I'd say 4.5 seems about right.

smallybells

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 11, 2016, 08:45:08 am
Over/under on how many times TR players talk to the refs tomorrow night after foul calls? I'd say 4.5 seems about right.

It won't be able to compare to the number of excuses the Charleston homers will make if TR serves up some more humble pie, lol.

RTF

Quote from: smallybells on February 11, 2016, 10:15:14 am

It won't be able to compare to the number of excuses the Charleston homers will make if TR serves up some more humble pie, lol.

I am not saying it was the Refs fault... BUT!!!

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on February 11, 2016, 10:21:06 am

You won't hear any excuses from me. You didn't last time either. Refs didn't cost us that game. I don't see this one turning out like the last however.

RTF

Quote from: The Dynasty on February 11, 2016, 11:13:55 am

You won't hear any excuses from me. You didn't last time either. Refs didn't cost us that game. I don't see this one turning out like the last however.

I bet, Got 2 Refs from Charleston for this one?

adaptedtigerfan

No all 3 are from Charleston RTF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RTF on February 11, 2016, 11:26:21 am

Painted fan, fred bird, and the dynasty are calling this one....rumor has it that they've already tossed two rivers' HC.

Black and Gold

Not only that, we're making sure they get a nice bonus for this game.

RTF

Quote from: HF on February 11, 2016, 11:42:07 am
Quote from: RTF on February 11, 2016, 11:26:21 am

Painted fan, fred bird, and the dynasty are calling this one....rumor has it that they've already tossed two rivers' HC.

Had to be because of the Paris connection...

The Dynasty

We will win this game 5 on 5. For the record I only know one ref from Charleston and he's not very good.

adaptedtigerfan

Arklahoma Preps

Super excited for this game! Its our Game of the Week!

If yall cant make it to the arena and you want the best Live updates going, give us a follow.

BigMan15

I really don't know what to expect from this game but I think it could get ugly if we come out flat. We have to attack early and often and not settle for shots.

AlumniLights

Dickie V will do the broadcast as well at this one...ITS AWESOME BABY!!!!

The Dynasty

Black and Gold

I expect an all out brawl for this one

Lineman

Totally unrelated to the game, but the best pregame meal in Charleston tonight will be the Knights of Columbus fish fry tonight 5 til 7. Go Tigers!!

BigMan15

I think ill pass not big on eating Fish

ballaj21

xadboy

Let's see,TR loses home games to Lamar and Paris, but beat Ctown. But TR turns around and beats Lamar and Paris both on the road. So if this trend continues then Ctown will win by 5.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Lineman on February 12, 2016, 11:20:06 am
Totally unrelated to the game, but the best pregame meal in Charleston tonight will be the Knights of Columbus fish fry tonight 5 til 7. Go Tigers!!

I concour. Any fried Gator?

adaptedtigerfan

Fried Gator is the post game meal.  🍾🍗🐊🏀

Lineman

HorseFeathers

Uh...guys yall need to update the state champs sign at the city limits

Lineman

Quote from: HF on February 12, 2016, 05:42:38 pm
No point on changing it now when it'll have to be updated next year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on February 12, 2016, 06:01:07 pm
Quote from: HF on February 12, 2016, 05:42:38 pm
No point on changing it now when it'll have to be updated next year.

I feel like I've heard this song before :D

HorseFeathers

11 fouls called in first qtr of girls game...still going...geeeez

xadboy

Thought there would be a bigger crowd from TR. Since this for confernce title. Does TR not travel well?

Black and Gold

Longfellow

Lady Gators 26
Lady Tigers 17
Halftime

HorseFeathers

tanman6334

Whats the Score for the boys game?

HorseFeathers

Charkeston 8 tr 5  245 in firat

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan