• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessieville close to century mark!

Started by teachers pet, February 09, 2016, 09:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Sportsgirl

teachers pet

ReddieKnightTrojan

I was just talking about this last night. When Caddo was so good in the 80s and 90s, their bench was as talented as most conference opponents' starters. What did that mean? When the starters came out (usually at halftime because Coach Bridges wanted them to work up a lather) the subs would go in an compete with the other team's starters (sometimes the third string was as good as the opponent). It was hard to not run the score up sometimes. The most dominate performance I remember was playing Amity at Caddo Hills. The halftime score was 50-2. The press got Amity in the bonus close to halftime and they made 2 free throws. The 2-3 string kept scoring and the final score was 112-36 if memory serves. I was talking about this last night as Centerpoint mercy ruled Gurdon. It was 21-12 after the first quarter and subs started coming in left and right. I don't remember seeing a starter after midway through the 3rd. Final score was 69-33.

neds

Jessieville looks like the team to beat

BigLion10

Eager to see jessieville in person this Friday night when they come to England

teachers pet

I think Jessieville boys will win, but girls game should be a blast, giving the edge to England.

Bigditchlion

BigLion10

Should be some good ones Friday safe travels to the team and fans coming up

Sportsgirl

Watch for 12 he is deadly and loves big games

Ctucker

BigLion10

Quote from: Sportsgirl on February 10, 2016, 06:26:53 pm
Watch for 12 he is deadly and loves big games
will do, you coming to the game?

ReddieKnightTrojan

Rankings: by MaxPreps

Jessieville 57 at England 108
Centerpoint 71 at Mineral Springs 73

These are overall state rankings.

Both should be great games. I'm going with Jessieville over England by 8 and Mineral Springs over Centerpoint by 3.
Jessieville should be able to neutralize the home court advantage, but Centerpoint will have to show extreme mental toughness to overcome MS at home.
I believe the experience CP will gain from this game will be much more important for them with the tournaments starting.

Ctucker

Jessivelle just beat Nemo by 11 at home I will take England in this game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2016, 06:16:34 pm
Jessivelle just beat Nemo by 11 at home I will take England in this game.

And around the same time beat mount ida by 30, who just beat England....

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 11, 2016, 07:52:09 pm
We beat Mt Ida by 35 though HF

And lost to them too....comparing teams A and B on games that happened two months apart against Team C is probably the worst way to compare teams...just look at England's games with mount ida and malvern....and that's Team A and B playing each other..

BigLion10

Should've beat Malvern in the Lonoke tourney though gave that away at the end

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 11, 2016, 08:13:59 pm
Should've beat Malvern in the Lonoke tourney though gave that away at the end

And how bad did y'all lose in thebfirst matchup?

BigLion10

And I'm no where saying we will beat jessieville tomorrow night, they could very well come in and run us out of our gym we have to show up ready to play tomorrow night

HorseFeathers

Haha...I watched jessieville over christmas...y'all ashould have your hands full with daly and lamb

Bigditchlion

Both games came down to the end! Great games by both schools.

Cheek

England.     47
Jessieville.   46
Final.   
Compare some more scores.

BigLion10

Sportsgirl

Proud Buckaroo

One player had 35 of the 46 points? Wow.. What happens when that player gets shutdown?

BigLion10

He didn't have 37 so I'm fine with it lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on February 12, 2016, 10:53:51 pm
One player had 35 of the 46 points? Wow.. What happens when that player gets shutdown?

He doesn't.....you just take the other 4 away

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on February 11, 2016, 01:58:06 pm
Rankings: by MaxPreps

Jessieville 57 at England 108
Centerpoint 71 at Mineral Springs 73

These are overall state rankings.

Both should be great games. I'm going with Jessieville over England by 8 and Mineral Springs over Centerpoint by 3.
Jessieville should be able to neutralize the home court advantage, but Centerpoint will have to show extreme mental toughness to overcome MS at home.
I believe the experience CP will gain from this game will be much more important for them with the tournaments starting.

I called the CP score, but Jessieville surprised me.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Sportsgirl on February 12, 2016, 10:32:25 pm
Daley had a game...35 points??

Sounds like he could share the love and get his boys going.

jjHogfan77

According to MaxPreps, Daley had 21 and they were 1 point away from having 3 players in double figures. Stats show they have had multiple games with 3 or more in double figures. They don't seem one dimensional to me.

teachers pet

He only had 21, yes they have a lot more than Daley, 1 freshman, 2 juniors and 1 soph.

ReddieKnightTrojan

I'm sure they have at least 5. If not we would have heard more about it.

teachers pet

BigLion10

Cheek

England locked Daley down, and he has to work for every point. 

BigLion10

A lot of them were from contested threes he took as well as some deep ones

Sportsgirl

Daley can shoot he hi some deep ones and good contested ones...he missed so easy ones floaters ect..plus at the end he got hammered on the last shot! Should have been free throws!

ReddieKnightTrojan

bigworm

Quote from: Sportsgirl on February 16, 2016, 07:20:34 pm
Daley can shoot he hi some deep ones and good contested ones...he missed so easy ones floaters ect..plus at the end he got hammered on the last shot! Should have been free throws!

I don't think anyone even touched him on the last shot and if they did I'm certain he didn't get "hammered". He's a great player either way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas