• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Paris this Friday

Started by BigMan15, February 03, 2016, 11:28:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

TigerTown45, everyone on here knows who I am. Now reveal who you are (or just stay there and attack me and my family anonymously). I bet you think you're tough. If you weren't embarrassed by an announcer who represents Charleston schools getting on the radio and making comments about how some of the officials matched some of the ECS players then I can't help you

smallybells

Fighting at quiz bowl???? This cant be real lol.  Sounds like it is highly entertaining in the wild western plains of Arkansas!

WPWells

No, it was two brothers arguing at a match, and their mother disciplined them

Longfellow

Fred, they don't understand. They've never been quiz bowl competitors of the highest level. I know what you mean

cdelaney

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 05, 2016, 10:27:51 pm
Yes, I wasn't embarrassed by him saying "Matthew Ward for 3" 😉
Heard that a lot I bet.

1-Adam-12

Odd things going on around the league all of last night apparently.

At TR we had a 4 game night and apparently there was a miscommunication with the officials.  The first game was to start at 4, but did not get underway until 5:10.

Longfellow

We should've gotten senior night out of the way while we were waiting

chucktownboys

In the boys game I saw two teams that played hard and wanted to win, lots of good play and lots of sloppy play and some plays that made you scratch your head, it was a good atmosphere and passionate fans on both sides that made for a great environment, kids played hard and left it on the court, any parent that would strike a coach or anyone after a game has a lot more issues going on than the game of basketball. Great win Tigers! T-I-G-E-R-S

ChucktownTiger

Lol this is cracking me up!!!!!! I gotta get back on here more often.

Markadomous

fbisgreat

All i seen was Ross running across the court to the student section holding his finger up were Number 1.I guess the mom didn't like that.

HorseFeathers

February 06, 2016, 08:58:45 pm #61 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:01:58 pm by HF

smallybells

Kid should play ball then, keep the obscene gestures to himself until he is grown, lol, or was it the kosher #1? :) This is the most entertaining thread on here in a while!

fbisgreat

There wasn't any obscene gestures made he ran to the CHS student section.

Black and Gold

Until he is grown? Kid? Who are you talking about? This is Coach Ross we're talking about

smallybells

All I saw was Ross, believe it or not outside of your corner of the earth no one knows the name of your coaching staff, calm down lol

Black and Gold

ChucktownTiger

One thing I have taken away from this thread is that I will with out a doubt have to make it to some quiz bowl matches. Sounds like these things get heated.

WPWells

Ya know, not really. We just have a pot stirrer

Black and Gold

I just realized I was point off on my prediction. Close, but no cigar

RTF

Quote from: smallybells on February 06, 2016, 08:17:47 am
Fighting at quiz bowl???? This cant be real lol.  Sounds like it is highly entertaining in the wild western plains of Arkansas!

Fight at a quiz bowl? Hows does that even happen? (I also doubt it would be much of a fight)

RTF

So Coach Ross got the B slap huh? that is hilarious.... He probably deserved it, he usually does.

BigMan15

That is hilarious!!! Showing how Paris has no class!

Black and Gold

Quote from: RTF on February 08, 2016, 08:43:04 am

Fight at a quiz bowl? Hows does that even happen? (I also doubt it would be much of a fight)
Hey now, some of those kids are studs...

Lineman

Quote from: Black and Gold on February 08, 2016, 10:35:09 am
Quote from: RTF on February 08, 2016, 08:43:04 am

Hey now, some of those kids are studs...
I heard it was just some hair pulling & slapping.

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 08, 2016, 10:24:21 am
That is hilarious!!! Showing how Paris has no class!

The irony in this post is that you were a Paris fan less than a year ago LOL!!

Also, I don't let one fans' actions dictate how I see a fan base, kinda small minded don't you think?

BigMan15

Yes we were there but we see how that changed

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 08, 2016, 01:46:13 pm

The game of life, always changing

adaptedtigerfan

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 06, 2016, 08:06:01 am
TigerTown45, .... If you weren't embarrassed by an announcer who represents Charleston schools getting on the radio and making comments about how some of the officials matched some of the ECS players then I can't help you

Exactly. I was at another game but wanted to keep up with the Charleston game as well last year. I felt horrible for the Charleston faithful, students, players, and alumni. It alone was disgraceful, however Smith made SEVERAL remarks that were very unprofessional (as well as demonstrating that his - alongside the girls coach - knowledge of the rules was not up to par). Was Smith ever reprimanded?

BigMan15

Quote from: RTF on February 08, 2016, 01:49:10 pm

Personally I think the prolbem with Paris is the fans are always supportive of their son daughter, etc but when they start winning they dont know how to act they arent used to it. They cant finish games which is partly coaching, but yes we moved there but within 6 months we wanted out because we dont allow our kids to do some of the things that were going on. Even getting into the gym was an issue. Starts at the top and rolls down hill from there.

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 09, 2016, 10:14:21 am
Quote from: RTF on February 08, 2016, 01:49:10 pm

Personally I think the prolbem with Paris is the fans are always supportive of their son daughter, etc but when they start winning they dont know how to act they arent used to it. They cant finish games which is partly coaching, but yes we moved there but within 6 months we wanted out because we dont allow our kids to do some of the things that were going on. Even getting into the gym was an issue. Starts at the top and rolls down hill from there.

wow Bigman... The fact that anyone from Paris would be friends with you is shocking... " aren't used to it" is a low blow and very degrading.... If I remember right they beat Two Rivers at Two River so they finished that one ( which Fenner has yet to do this year) And i have already told you about the gym issue.... This post above is just crying......

BigMan15

RTF

BigMan15

ok yes its a low blow a little but is it true?
What about ur Asst. Coach this year? Shall I comment on that matter
thats the prolbem say anything negative but true Paris fans goes nuts.
Should I bring a helmet or some headwear next time i come to a Paris game

Black and Gold

RTF

BigMan15

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 09, 2016, 10:32:09 am
ok yes its a low blow a little but is it true?
What about ur Asst. Coach this year? Shall I comment on that matter
thats the prolbem say anything negative but true Paris fans goes nuts.
Should I bring a helmet or some headwear next time i come to a Paris game

Honestly, I have no idea if its true, it might be. No idea about he Asst. Coach thing either. As far the negative thing nobody wants to hear negative things about kids,parents, or the program but they do want to fix them. And AGAIN, don't be small minded...

RTF

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas