• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Fenner 3PT Record

Started by BigMan15, January 27, 2016, 10:35:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Last nights game brought him up to 231 for his career so far which is #3 overall in Arkansas history per AAA record book. #1 being Jacob Roark from Concord a few years ago with 398.

razorsharp94

BigMan15

The Dynasty

AlumniLights

Who's #2? Probably the fella from Hector years ago...but im not sure. That's an awesome accomplishment.

AlumniLights

He will be known for the 3 ball! I hope he catches that record. Good kid. I was only known for hitting the floor. I could not imagine spraying peeps for 231 treys! WOW!

Silky Johnson

I don't know that Colton Watson beat his 3-point record but I know he beat Roark's scoring record according to a newspaper I have. Regardless congrats to Fenner he wa contributing his freshman year at Charleston and he still helps out his team every game. Good player and I hope I can catch him play once the regionals and state tourney roll around.

RedWolf275

I don't think everybody turns their records into AAA

BigMan15

Most do but some don't that would be bad on the coach!!!

WPWells

bobcats

Quote from: AlumniLights on January 27, 2016, 11:44:55 am
Who's #2? Probably the fella from Hector years ago...but im not sure. That's an awesome accomplishment.

I have no idea how many Brandon Cole had while at Hector but he made 527 to set the college record at the time ( 2006 ).  He was the NAIA player of the year in 2006.

BigMan15

Quote from: bobcats on January 27, 2016, 12:35:27 pm
Quote from: AlumniLights on January 27, 2016, 11:44:55 am

I have no idea how many Brandon Cole had while at Hector but he made 527 to set the college record at the time ( 2006 ).  He was the NAIA player of the year in 2006.
Thats pretty amazing what college did he attend?

3 Dollar

JBU  =  John Brown University

razorsharp94

Brandon has been a good friend of mine.  His accomplishments on the next level were amazing.  He didn't break any records though in high school because he changed from a set shot his sophomore year to a jumper his junior year.  He struggled some his junior year but had a great senior year.  He only played three years of high school as well as I am sure the record holder probably got four.  Brandon, though, is one of the most accomplished players on the next level in Arkansas history.

RTF

BigMan15

2nd Place is Zack Whitt with 365 3rd was Josh Ferrell from West Fork with 228

OB11

You better make sure it gets turned in to the AAA.  I'm sure there have been a bunch of records broken but were never submitted. 

bobcats

January 27, 2016, 01:30:09 pm #17 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:33:05 pm by bobcats
Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 27, 2016, 12:55:34 pm
Brandon has been a good friend of mine.  His accomplishments on the next level were amazing.  He didn't break any records though in high school because he changed from a set shot his sophomore year to a jumper his junior year.  He struggled some his junior year but had a great senior year.  He only played three years of high school as well as I am sure the record holder probably got four.  Brandon, though, is one of the most accomplished players on the next level in Arkansas history.

I remember the regional and state final games he had with Poyen.  As I remember both of those came down to the last second with Poyen winning both games.  The coach at Glen Rose played for that Poyen state championship team.

Congrats to Brandon Fenner on his accomplishment.  Good luck on his pursuit of the record.

razorsharp94

Quote from: bobcats on January 27, 2016, 01:30:09 pm

I remember the regional and state final games he had with Poyen.  As I remember both of those came down to the last second with Poyen winning both games.  The coach at Glen Rose played for that Poyen state championship team.

Two of the best games with two of the best teams playing against each other that AA has ever saw.  I mean Hector that year started 6', 6', 6'6", 6'3", 6'3".  Poyen had a 6'4" and a 6'7" starting for them.  Williamson killed Hector both games with last second shots.  That year not only were Poyen and Hector good but Arkansas Baptist was really good too. In fact, those were the three best teams in the state in AA I'll add Charleston in that mix as well.  I watched that whole run that was a fun Hector team to watch no doubt. I remember after it was over that Ron Crawford said that either one of those teams could have hung with the big boys. 

bobcats

Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 27, 2016, 01:36:21 pm
Quote from: bobcats on January 27, 2016, 01:30:09 pm

Two of the best games with two of the best teams playing against each other that AA has ever saw.  I mean Hector that year started 6', 6', 6'6", 6'3", 6'3".  Poyen had a 6'4" and a 6'7" starting for them.  Williamson killed Hector both games with last second shots.  That year not only were Poyen and Hector good but Arkansas Baptist was really good too. In fact, those were the three best teams in the state in AA I'll add Charleston in that mix as well.  I watched that whole run that was a fun Hector team to watch no doubt. I remember after it was over that Ron Crawford said that either one of those teams could have hung with the big boys.

+1

Markadomous

Great accomplishment. How big is he?

BigMan15

Eagle20

Congrats!  How many does he have this year?

BigMan15

Ctucker

He will have to hit 168 more to break record if I'm reading this correctly, that will be hard to do. But to hit that many already is great good luck to him.

BigMan15

Well we are hoping to be playing in the State Championships both years so they would give him some extra games but honestly it would be extremly tough.

Ctucker

That would be good because Roak got a few extra too playing in state champingships games class a pro all gets a few extra games a year anyway no football.

WPWells

Fenner added 10 more tonight - now at 241

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 28, 2016, 12:10:24 pm
57 i believe
My bad he had 61 going into last night so he now has 71 this season.

Clara Allen

He was on fire last night.  I know at one point he had all of charlestons points.  Even us Lamar chair sitters were amazed by his shooting.  He is a special player for sure. 

BigMan15

Arklahoma Preps

As someone who has covered 100+ games this season alone, it was one of the most impressive thing I have ever seen.
7/7 from deep, 4/4 FT in the 1Q for 25 points. In a VERY hostile gym with 1st place on the line. It was a special night

BigMan15

After 6 more tonight 247 and 77 on the season

Eagle20

I would say Brandon and Christian Brown from Harmony Grove have to be the best two shooters in 3A.  Brown hit went 10-15 in a win tonight vs Glen Rose who played Jessieville fairly tough last night.  Tonight pushed him over 100 for the season!  Congrats to both!

BigMan15

They are both great shooters although i havent got to watch Christian Brown yet. But if he has 100 already that is something special.

BigMan15

Up to 80 after 3 Friday night looking to add a bunch tonight.

ReddieKnightTrojan

If Brandon continues to average 3.478 3pt/game as he has this year, he will need to play in 43 more games to break the Arkansas record for most 3pts in career of 398 according to my ciphering. This is based on the MaxPreps recording of a 18-5 record (23 games) and the aforementioned 80 3pt fgs this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas