• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint Basketball (Men)

Started by ReddieKnightTrojan, January 19, 2016, 02:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReddieKnightTrojan

Is it true that this team has only lost one game this year? Their only loss was to Malvern early in December according to MaxPreps. I know MaxPreps is not as reliable for basketball as it is for football. It says that CP beat Searcy, Lakeside, DeQueen, and Fountain Lake. I do not know anything about these teams, but that sounds pretty good for a 3A team.

Marblehog

ReddieKnightTrojan

bb1996

At lake Hamilton by 8 and to Watson chapel

Knight pride

We have played a tough non conferences game by some big schools.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Centerpoint is ranked 4 in the state currently on MaxPreps with a very weak strength of schedule.

ReddieKnightTrojan

What was their score last night? I hope to see them this Friday night.

Knight pride

It was 66 to 21 Centerpoint won and home game Friday

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Knight pride on January 20, 2016, 12:03:03 pm
It was 66 to 21 Centerpoint won and home game Friday

Winter Weather Warning...

ReddieKnightTrojan

How do you think Centerpoint will do outside of this conference? I heard they struggled a little at Genoa the other night.

Knight pride

Good cause our region is down and it's at our place

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Knight pride on February 09, 2016, 04:39:20 pm
Good cause our region is down and it's at our place

What about when they get to the state tourney?

I really feel like it would have to be a very special team to knock Centerpoint out of the tournament. That or a very bad performance from the Knights.

Knight pride

It would take a team that knew how to beat our defense we focus on defense more than anything

neds

Good offensive teams won't adjust to your defense. Your defense will have to adjust to stop them.

ReddieKnightTrojan

I bet there are some, but I haven't seen or heard of any real good offensive teams in 3A this year. Of course we have Reaves (of whom I have become a fan) and 3pt shooters all over the state, but has anyone seen a team that can pick apart a defense in the half court? Centerpoint's MO is creating turnovers and using transition offense (which they are excellent at) to overwhelm opponents and get into their legs. They are extremely active in the passing lanes and use a motion offense to get wide open 3pt shots (especially late in the game when the defense is sucking air) From what I have seen, they are in prime physical condition and can run the floor all night long. They will by no means be an "easy out" for anyone come tournament time.

Are there any teams out there that are good screening teams with quick release shooters? That and a very well conditioned running team would be the most likely to knock CP out this year.

Longfellow

It sounds like TR, Charleston, Paris, Jessieville, Cedar Ridge, or ECS will be the team that beats Centerpoint

ReddieKnightTrojan

That sound very likely. It should be exciting to see who comes out on top.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas