• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Rankings today

Started by Head Lion, January 05, 2016, 08:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cdelaney

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 17, 2016, 12:40:18 pm
Beat someone (i.e. ECS on Tuesday) and then you'll get your love
True but I'm not sure how Chuck is still ranked ahead of them after Fridays game. 4-3A getting a lot of credit seems to me.

WPWells

Honestly, I agree with you to an extent

#EagleStrong

The 3A-4 gets credit because it's the toughest conference in the class. There are 4-5 state tournament quality teams in it, depending on your opinion of Atkins (who beat Dardanelle by 10 as well as Pulaski - Robinson out of 4A). Even the sixth place team Booneville only trailed TR by one at halftime. No other conference has that depth. The 1-East has an argument, but it also has two more teams. There will be a state tournament quality team left out of regionals from the 3A-4. I know people get tired of the attention it gets, but it's such a tough and deep conference.

cdelaney

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 05:09:38 pm
The 3A-4 gets credit because it's the toughest conference in the class. There are 4-5 state tournament quality teams in it, depending on your opinion of Atkins (who beat Dardanelle by 10 as well as Pulaski - Robinson out of 4A). Even the sixth place team Booneville only trailed TR by one at halftime. No other conference has that depth. The 1-East has an argument, but it also has two more teams. There will be a state tournament quality team left out of regionals from the 3A-4. I know people get tired of the attention it gets, but it's such a tough and deep conference.
Not convinced at all. Sorry.

#EagleStrong

January 17, 2016, 06:15:11 pm #104 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:16:43 pm by #EagleStrong
Your loss then. Look, we went through this doubting last year. I said only the 3A-5 was stronger, and that played out. The 3A-4 sent 4 teams to the state tournament, one went to the semifinals, one went to the quarterfinals (four points shy of the semis), and the two that lost in the first round lost to the championship game participants. Episcopal knocked out two of the conference's teams. Danville, who didn't even make regionals would have beaten any team at regionals and gone to state had they won the 4-5 game at district against Lamar. So you can be unconvinced as much as you want, but I'd suggest you make a substantive case for any other conference being tougher or deeper than the 3A-4 this year before you criticize the it.

#EagleStrong

But I do think Jessieville is getting hosed by the ADG. I've said that before and I stand by it.

Radiotalker

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 06:15:11 pm
Your loss then. Look, we went through this doubting last year. I said only the 3A-5 was stronger, and that played out. The 3A-4 sent 4 teams to the state tournament, one went to the semifinals, one went to the quarterfinals (four points shy of the semis), and the two that lost in the first round lost to the championship game participants. Episcopal knocked out two of the conference's teams. Danville, who didn't even make regionals would have beaten any team at regionals and gone to state had they won the 4-5 game at district against Lamar. So you can be unconvinced as much as you want, but I'd suggest you make a substantive case for any other conference being tougher or deeper than the 3A-4 this year before you criticize the it.

Just curious....how many championships from the best conference?

WPWells

I guess that the 3 is the best conference because of state championships? Why don't y'all have anyone in the rankings then?

Radiotalker

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 17, 2016, 07:00:11 pm
I guess that the 3 is the best conference because of state championships? Why don't y'all have anyone in the rankings then?

Didn't say that and I don't remember asking you anything. I do feel that Manila and Osceola can hang with anyone over there.

pioneers

Osceola can be tough with the addition of the big man. As bad as I hate to say it I feel like if Manila can just make it to the state tournament this year it will be a good thing for the lions so the young lions can see the atmosphere. The next 2 years will be our best shot at a run with everybody returning and 2 good freshman moving up.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 17, 2016, 06:59:20 pm

I feel like you knew that was a bad argument before you even made it.

The answer in case you were genuinely curious is 1. Atkins. But that has no bearing on this season. None. And you know that.

I agree with you that Manila and Osceola is good, but that's two teams. Meanwhile our sixth place team took an undefeated conference leader (Lavaca, 5-0 in the much improved 1-West) down to the wire on the road.

Radiotalker

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 07:32:00 pm
Your loss then. Look, we went through this doubting last year. I said only the 3A-5 was stronger, and that played out. The 3A-4 sent 4 teams to the state tournament, one went to the semifinals, one went to the quarterfinals (four points shy of the semis), and the two that lost in the first round lost to the championship game participants. Episcopal knocked out two of the conference's teams. Danville, who didn't even make regionals would have beaten any team at regionals and gone to state had they won the 4-5 game at district against Lamar. So you can be unconvinced as much as you want, but I'd suggest you make a substantive case for any other conference being tougher or deeper than the 3A-4 this year before you criticize the it

The answer in case you were genuinely curious is 1. Atkins. But that has no bearing on this season. None. And you know that.

I agree with you that Manila and Osceola is good, but that's two teams. Meanwhile our sixth place team took an undefeated conference leader (Lavaca, 5-0 in the much improved 1-West) down to the wire on the road.

I wasn't arguing....I asked a question. Thanks for answering.

Head Lion

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 06:31:22 pm
But I do think Jessieville is getting hosed by the ADG. I've said that before and I stand by it.
I have seen Jessieville, ECS, CR, Manila & Osceola. If Jessieville doesn't forget they have a 6'5" post finisher in the middle, they are a final four team. Sleep on Osceola & Manila and wait a year. I hope we can just win 1 game in the regionals. Probably not, our conference is weakest 3A conference in the history of basketball. Our teams may not waste the money to travel to Yellville.

Eagle20

Quote from: Head Lion on January 17, 2016, 09:45:34 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 06:31:22 pm
I have seen Jessieville, ECS, CR, Manila & Osceola. If Jessieville doesn't forget they have a 6'5" post finisher in the middle, they are a final four team. Sleep on Osceola & Manila and wait a year. I hope we can just win 1 game in the regionals. Probably not, our conference is weakest 3A conference in the history of basketball. Our teams may not waste the money to travel to Yellville.
Jessieville post is good when he is between his defender and the basket finishing on drive and dishes from the guards or on put backs.  When he has to rely on moves with his defender between him and the basket, he is not as effective.  That said, I think most teams would love to have him on their team!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 17, 2016, 08:33:57 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 07:32:00 pm
Your loss then. Look, we went through this doubting last year. I said only the 3A-5 was stronger, and that played out. The 3A-4 sent 4 teams to the state tournament, one went to the semifinals, one went to the quarterfinals (four points shy of the semis), and the two that lost in the first round lost to the championship game participants. Episcopal knocked out two of the conference's teams. Danville, who didn't even make regionals would have beaten any team at regionals and gone to state had they won the 4-5 game at district against Lamar. So you can be unconvinced as much as you want, but I'd suggest you make a substantive case for any other conference being tougher or deeper than the 3A-4 this year before you criticize the it

I wasn't arguing....I asked a question. Thanks for answering.

All right, I apologize for sounding so defensive then. Sorry about that.

Head Lion

Piggott from the 3A3 may make some noise in postseason, they did beat 4A3 conference leader Gosnell by double digits. Nah, we all just terrible, don't sweat about us over here in NEA.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Head Lion on January 17, 2016, 10:05:00 pm
Piggott from the 3A3 may make some noise in postseason, they did beat 4A3 conference leader Gosnell by double digits. Nah, we all just terrible, don't sweat about us over here in NEA.

HL, I've been high on your Lions since before the season even started, so don't feel like no one gives you any love. I picked Manila to win their region in the preseason. I agree with you on Piggott too, but your conference has a really tough crossover at regionals with the 1-East, which is pretty darn deep with Valley Springs, Marshall, Yellville-Summit, Flippin, and Cotter.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 10:17:06 pm

HL, I've been high on your Lions since before the season even started, so don't feel like no one gives you any love. I picked Manila to win their region in the preseason. I agree with you on Piggott too, but your conference has a really tough crossover at regionals with the 1-East, which is pretty darn deep with Valley Springs, Marshall, Yellville-Summit, Flippin, and Cotter.

Watched yellville against bay....felt like Charleston, two rivers, and jessieville would beat them by around 10-15 that night....so it may not be that deep of a conference.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on January 17, 2016, 10:21:35 pm

Watched yellville against bay....felt like Charleston, two rivers, and jessieville would beat them by around 10-15 that night....so it may not be that deep of a conference.

I haven't seen Yellville this year, but it's my understanding that they're very inconsistent, which you'd have to be to blast Marshall and then turn around and find yourself down 30 at the half to Valley Springs.

Head Lion

In all honesty us & Osceola are both probably a year from making any real noise, but after that we should be an elite program for 5-7 years.

cdelaney

First, does last year count or not? In another post you said we were talking about this season. And getting teams into State is good, but it mostly depends on the district you are paired with. In 3A-4, you should get all 4 in this year with your regional opponents.
The 4 may be as good as you think or may be a group of slightly above average teams that keep beating each other. My main point was that in a Top 6 poll there were two from the 4 and that Jessieville wasn't in. It'll all work out in the end though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 17, 2016, 10:36:36 pm
Quote from: HF on January 17, 2016, 10:21:35 pm

I haven't seen Yellville this year, but it's my understanding that they're very inconsistent, which you'd have to be to blast Marshall and then turn around and find yourself down 30 at the half to Valley Springs.

Seems to be a problem for the 3a schools this year...

#EagleStrong

Quote from: cdelaney on January 18, 2016, 08:26:52 am
First, does last year count or not? In another post you said we were talking about this season. And getting teams into State is good, but it mostly depends on the district you are paired with. In 3A-4, you should get all 4 in this year with your regional opponents.
The 4 may be as good as you think or may be a group of slightly above average teams that keep beating each other. My main point was that in a Top 6 poll there were two from the 4 and that Jessieville wasn't in. It'll all work out in the end though.

The 1-West isn't as bad as you think. Greenland played Malvern closer than Jessieville or Centerpoint. I don't think they're in the same league as those teams, but that conference is much better than last year.

And I agree with you that Jessieville's exclusion is head-scratching. I've agreed with that from the start.

But the 3A-4 teams have good non-conference wins. Nothing as stellar as Paris over Alma last year, but I think the depth is what sets the conference apart. If you want to believe that their just a collection of above-average teams, then go right ahead. The score comparisons don't really work out in favor of that belief, but go on, you may be right in the end.

WPWells

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 18, 2016, 03:21:42 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on January 18, 2016, 08:26:52 am

The 1-West isn't as bad as you think. Greenland played Malvern closer than Jessieville or Centerpoint. I don't think they're in the same league as those teams, but that conference is much better than last year.

And I agree with you that Jessieville's exclusion is head-scratching. I've agreed with that from the start.

But the 3A-4 teams have good non-conference wins. Nothing as stellar as Paris over Alma last year, but I think the depth is what sets the conference apart. If you want to believe that their just a collection of above-average teams, then go right ahead. The score comparisons don't really work out in favor of that belief, but go on, you may be right in the end.

Charleston over Southside is looking better and better the more Southside plays

neds

ADG rankings 1.24.16

BOYS
Cedar Ridge
Valley Springs
Centerpoint
Jessieville
Charleston
Manila

GIRLS
Greenland
McGehee
Paris
Valley Springs
Rose Bud
Two Rivers

#EagleStrong

So they dropped ECS out altogether? That seems a little harsh.

Radiotalker

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 24, 2016, 10:43:13 am

No more than Marshall being omitted

cdelaney

Like everyone says, it's just a poll. It will play out over next 6 weeks.

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 24, 2016, 11:11:15 am

No more than Marshall being omitted

Very true Radio. Several of the teams listed in ADG top teams have +20 wins. Those guys have played a lot of basketball and had a lot of success to get where they are

WPWells

WPWells

And I agree that ECS shouldn't have dropped out altogether. I'd have them at #5 and drop Charleston to #6 (however, I'm still not sold on Centerpoint...)

Radiotalker

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 24, 2016, 12:22:03 pm
Who has Marshall beaten?

The #2 team.....but as CD said, the rankings are good for discussion. You better get it together in the postseason. Ask Mountain View or Cedar Ridge.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 24, 2016, 12:45:00 pm
Who has Marshall beaten?

The #2 team.....but as CD said, the rankings are good for discussion. You better get it together in the postseason. Ask Mountain View or Cedar Ridge.
Finally agree Radio, the real season about to begin & it will play out on the floor.

TheOfficial

Marshall is very good most nights but their problem staying in the rankings is they are very inconsistent and it has led to some real bad losses.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 24, 2016, 09:08:40 pm
Marshall is very good most nights but their problem staying in the rankings is they are very inconsistent and it has led to some real bad losses.

A few teams with that problem this year. A lot, actually.

ISU7

Who has Marshall beaten?

I swear I watched Osceola  beat Manila also the Noles are undefeated in conference play.  :-X :-X 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 25, 2016, 04:48:43 pm
Who has Marshall beaten?

I swear I watched Osceola  beat Manila also the Noles are undefeated in conference play.  :-X :-X 8)
They come to the Den Friday night & you know we don't lose at home!✌🏿️

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 25, 2016, 09:24:41 pm
Who has Marshall beaten?

I've seen Tweet and the Crest beat Manila @ Manila... ;D 8) 8). Yep its tough to beat Manila at home for some odd (3) reason.lol

neds

ADG rankings 1.31.16

BOYS
Cedar Ridge
Valley Springs
Centerpoint
Jessieville
Charleston
Manila

GIRLS
Greenland
McGehee
Paris
Valley Springs
Rosebud
Two Rivers

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 26, 2016, 09:13:53 am
Who has Marshall beaten?

I've seen Tweet and the Crest beat Manila @ Manila... ;D 8) 8). Yep its tough to beat Manila at home for some odd (3) reason.lol
ISU, good to see the Colts getting better.

WPWells

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 31, 2016, 09:02:49 am
Quote from: ISU7 on January 26, 2016, 09:13:53 am
Who has Marshall beaten?

ISU, good to see the Colts getting better.
Thanks Head Lion the Lions are a scrappy bunch. They play hard the whole thirty-two minutes. Good luck to the Lioons. Should be a good district tourney in the small house @ Da Crest. 8)

Longfellow

What's the word on Rose Bud?

ReddieKnightTrojan

I haven't seen Centerpoint play yet (shameful) but I can imagine how good they are this year. They are in a struggling conference, but they are still one of the most athletic teams in the 3A with a HIGH basketball IQ. The Chambers kid and the Forsythe kid can lock people down defensively. The Owens kid (coach's son) can run the offense flawlessly. The Brunt kid can shoot lights out and the Taylor kid, as well as many others, can knock post players around and distribute fouls effectively. I can see them going far in the state tournament and like was mentioned before, rankings and polls don't matter in the post season.

HorseFeathers

ISU7

Because the ADG doesn't know anything about the teams in the EAST. just like in football this pass season. ;) :o 8)

WhiteRiverMonster

CR's girls got the Dub over Rose Bud last night.

neds

ADG rankings 2.7.16

BOYS
Cedar Ridge
Valley Springs
Centerpoint
Jessieville
Manila
Charleston

GIRLS
Greenland
McGehee
Paris
Valley Springs
Two Rivers
Rose Bud

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 17, 2016, 07:07:03 pm

Didn't say that and I don't remember asking you anything. I do feel that Manila and Osceola can hang with anyone over there.
Manila struggle at home against RiverCrest.  54-51

ReddieKnightTrojan

I heard Centerpoint struggled with Genoa at Genoa. They only won by 16 points, but it sounded like the bench scored a lot more than usual.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas