• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Rankings today

Started by Head Lion, January 05, 2016, 08:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

1. Cedar Ridge 2. ECS 3. Manila 4. Smackover 5. Charleston 6. Valley Springs

BigMan15

I have no problem with that

WPWells

NEA Razorback olfan

Can someone post all the classes? Boys and girls?

Head Lion

NEA, if I get a minute I will.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEark tigers

Question: Why is EC$ ranked #2, when they finished in sixth place at the Lendel Thomas Classic last week with a double digit loss against the 7XWC and Bartlett, TN......too high IMO.....just my two cents

Cedra Ridge is very good. I seen the highlights of Mr. Reeves, and he is the real deal!

Head Lion

Quote from: NEark tigers on January 05, 2016, 09:40:51 pm
Question: Why is EC$ ranked #2, when they finished in sixth place at the Lendel Thomas Classic last week with a double digit loss against the 7XWC and Bartlett, TN......too high IMO.....just my two cents

Cedra Ridge is very good. I seen the highlights of Mr. Reeves, and he is the real deal!
past history NEArk, CR beat us at their place & Reaves had 21.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2016, 09:43:21 pm

It shouldn't go by past history, thats nuts...more like favortism.

lorettalynn

Valley should not be that high

Black and Gold

In the end it's a poll. Only one that matters at the end of the season 😉

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Black and Gold on January 05, 2016, 10:37:18 pm
In the end it's a poll. Only one that matters at the end of the season 😉
It's not a poll. It's just rankings made by one person, Tim Cooper. A poll would be several people voting on it. The state Associated Press used to do a state high school basketball poll of media members all over the state but quit doing it years ago, although they still do statewide rankings for football

TheOfficial

Black and Gold

Basketballfan13

Did anyone see the girls rankings for 3A?

cdelaney

January 06, 2016, 07:27:26 am #15 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:02:46 am by cdelaney
Quote from: NEark tigers on January 05, 2016, 09:47:50 pm

Favoritism? That would mean this random poll would somehow help ECS get something they didn't earn like a better seed or something? Now maybe it is based on past 3 years; I know that the  7XWC "Nation" never mentions previous success do they?
Anyway, as to the merits of the ranking. I've said all year ECS isn't as good as past few years but I would continue to rank them #1 until they lose to a 3A team. I think Earle is very strong when all their players are "available", so a "double digit" (10 pt) loss to them isn't so terrible. I don't know anything about Bartlett, but the other teams they have lost to would beat the other 3A teams in this poll. ECS has beaten Jessieville and HHG in conference play and beat 6A LR Hall which a few days later beat Charleston by a bunch.
I have no problem with Cedar being #1 but I'll keep putting Wildcats there for now.

BoxNOne

I think Manila may be a little overrated at #3. They are a young scrappy team with one really good sophomore and some shooters around him. They lack a strong presence inside which hurts at times. As Head Lion says, their day is coming as they have a very good jr high team as well. Just think #3 is a little high.

ISU7

January 06, 2016, 07:45:48 am #17 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:47:37 am by ISU7

NEark you know ADG doesn't know anything about the teams in NEA. This rankings is wwwwaaayyy off my friend.  ;D 8)

ISU7

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 06, 2016, 07:37:14 am
I think Manila may be a little overrated at #3. They are a young scrappy team with one really good sophomore and some shooters around him. They lack a strong presence inside which hurts at times. As Head Lion says, their day is coming as they have a very good jr high team as well. Just think #3 is a little high.
Didn't Manila beat 1A Armorel by 6pts last night. Im  thinking I saw that but  the classification of the Tigers wasn't mentioned unlike when the Lions play a bigger school. ;)  ;D Hey whats good Head Lion. lol 8)

Sportsgirl

bdog32

Agreed that ECS is 1 until proven other wise.  CR was ranked most of last season and didn't make the state tournament.  Jessieville should be on list.  Idk who for but they are very talented.  Looks like 3a is going to have a good year.  The 2a rankings were what got me.  No epc no marked tree.  Both those are better than walnut ridge who was 2

The Dynasty

Quote from: cdelaney on January 06, 2016, 07:27:26 am
Quote from: NEark tigers on January 05, 2016, 09:47:50 pm

Favoritism? That would mean this random poll would somehow help ECS get something they didn't earn like a better seed or something? Now maybe it is based on past 3 years; I know that the  7XWC "Nation" never mentions previous success do they?
Anyway, as to the merits of the ranking. I've said all year ECS isn't as good as past few years but I would continue to rank them #1 until they lose to a 3A team. I think Earle is very strong when all their players are "available", so a "double digit" (10 pt) loss to them isn't so terrible. I don't know anything about Bartlett, but the other teams they have lost to would beat the other 3A teams in this poll. ECS has beaten Jessieville and HHG in conference play and beat 6A LR Hall which a few days later beat Charleston by a bunch.
I have no problem with Cedar being #1 but I'll keep putting Wildcats there for now.

It's worth noting that Hall didn't have their 2 best scorers when they played ECS. I think their coach said they were missing 41 points that game.

NEark tigers

Quote from: ISU7 on January 06, 2016, 07:45:48 am

NEark you know ADG doesn't know anything about the teams in NEA. This rankings is wwwwaaayyy off my friend.  ;D 8)
It is obivous, they don't.....

Head Lion

January 06, 2016, 09:46:58 am #23 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:01:56 am by Head Lion
Quote from: BoxNOne on January 06, 2016, 07:37:14 am
Box, I cant argue that a second. I feel like we are year away. When it starts tho, gonna be like a waterfall. Fair observation Box.

Head Lion

Quote from: Sportsgirl on January 06, 2016, 08:56:19 am
Jessieville?
I saw Jessieville play ECS, seen CR multiple times & obviously my Lions. No disrespect to the Jessieville coach, if I coached them all of 3A better lookout! I said early & no one would hear it. 3A is most wide open its been in years & on flip note. It is way down, no one wants to hear that, but it is. Jmo✌🏿️

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on January 06, 2016, 09:39:32 am

It is obivous, they don't.....
Just curious as to which 3A teams from NEA you would have ranked higher?

YSPantherTO20

Just curious how Valley is No. 6 after falling to "unranked" Marshall and only beating "unranked" 2A Hector by 5...

bobcats

Quote from: YSPantherTO20 on January 06, 2016, 11:42:25 am
Just curious how Valley is No. 6 after falling to "unranked" Marshall and only beating "unranked" 2A Hector by 5...

Yellville needs to take care of business and beat #6 Valley Friday night. 

ISU7

None, and I really don't see why voters are high on Manila every year. they might win conference or regional every now and then but they have been eliminated in the first or second rounds in State tourneys  lately. Even when they had Brady Jones and company they wasn't the team out the 3-3A conf that went the farthest. Last season they bowed out in the first round, the season before that they lost the first game in the regionals. The Lions have never won a State tourney title. So why is a lot of poster high on the Lions is a mystery to me. No disrespect to the Lions and their fans, just facts.  8) 8) 8)

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on January 06, 2016, 12:57:33 pm
None, and I really don't see why voters are high on Manila every year. they might win conference or regional every now and then but they have been eliminated in the first or second rounds in State tourneys  lately. Even when they had Brady Jones and company they wasn't the team out the 3-3A conf that went the farthest. Last season they bowed out in the first round, the season before that they lost the first game in the regionals. The Lions have never won a State tourney title. So why is a lot of poster high on the Lions is a mystery to me. No disrespect to the Lions and their fans, just facts.  8) 8) 8)

O you're going to get it now with the negative comments.

ballmember

didnt think Valley even led their conference , Marshall boys beat Valley at Marshall.  So Marshall would lead conference unless they lost recently??

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 06, 2016, 02:31:02 pm

Just a correction we have 2 state titles, none recently. We have won 2 of last 3 Region tournaments. No excuse last year in state, we went 1-21 from behind the arc. We can't beat anyone shooting like that. We prolly are overrated for now, but better get used to the Black & Gold dominating because we are in Dynasty building mode!

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 06, 2016, 02:57:48 pm
Quote from: Radiotalker on January 06, 2016, 02:31:02 pm

Just a correction we have 2 state titles, none recently. We have won 2 of last 3 Region tournaments. No excuse last year in state, we went 1-21 from behind the arc. We can't beat anyone shooting like that. We prolly are overrated for now, but better get used to the Black & Gold dominating because we are in Dynasty building mode!
You are too funny, you say no excuse, then you say y'all went 1-21 from behind the arc😄 you're alright with me HL. Good luck on the Dynasty.

pioneers

As in saying there's no excuse why we lost. The stat he posted was merely putting that bad play is the reason that we lost. We didn't execute well enough last year to win.

lorettalynn

Marshall aint lost any conference games yet

TheOfficial

All 7 of the other teams at the Lendel Thomas would beat just about anyone in the 3A so their two losses weren't that bad. 

TheOfficial

Because Marshall turned around and lost 4 straight, one to a team Valley beat.

Baller100

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 06, 2016, 10:54:35 pm

Correction: They lost 3 straight. Just worth noting. Also, just because Marshall had a bad game against a team Valley beat doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the rankings. Marshall did beat Valley at Marshall and Valley has had some very close games recently to teams who aren't near up to par this season.

bobcats

Quote from: Baller100 on January 06, 2016, 11:22:39 pm
Quote from: TheOfficial on January 06, 2016, 10:54:35 pm

Correction: They lost 3 straight. Just worth noting. Also, just because Marshall had a bad game against a team Valley beat doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the rankings. Marshall did beat Valley at Marshall and Valley has had some very close games recently to teams who aren't near up to par this season.

As a Marshall fan I like that someone from our conference is getting some respect.  Valley has earned the respect from their past success.  As far as the Marshall/Valley thing that will be settled on the court in a couple of weeks at Valley and later in the district tournament.

The Dynasty

Just from watching some videos on Cedar Ridge and a few others I have a question..... Who in NEA plays defense?

NEA Razorback olfan

You haven't seen Cedar Ridge play in person have you?
One of the coaches statements about Reaves in the NEA Tourney , (if we can hold him to 35pts I feel good about our chances)

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2016, 09:12:53 am
Just from watching some videos on Cedar Ridge and a few others I have a question..... Who in NEA plays defense?

You can play all the defense you want, but you aren't going to stop Reaves. He's going to get his points. Charleston won't be able to stop him if that's what you think.. NEA is actually pretty good at basketball. I'm willing to bet that FC, Nettleton, and Valley View would be just fine playing Charleston or many other 3A schools.

Head Lion

We held him to 21 at their place in a 3pt loss and felt like we had done all we could do.

Eagle20

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 06, 2016, 10:49:48 pm

All 7 of the other teams at the Lendel Thomas would beat just about anyone in the 3A so their two losses weren't that bad.
Cedar Ridge has the best guard in 3A and Episcopal has the 2nd and 3rd best.  If anyone else from 3A played their preseason schedule they would have a worse record than Episcopal.

The Dynasty

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 07, 2016, 10:05:16 am

You can play all the defense you want, but you aren't going to stop Reaves. He's going to get his points. Charleston won't be able to stop him if that's what you think.. NEA is actually pretty good at basketball. I'm willing to bet that FC, Nettleton, and Valley View would be just fine playing Charleston or many other 3A schools.

Lol!!!! He won't score 50.

A lot of hype for a team that couldn't win a game in their regional last year.

MDXPHD

January 07, 2016, 10:46:57 am #45 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:49:45 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2016, 10:32:54 am

I hope we get to see that matchup.

Tell me though, if he scored 45, did you stop him?

The Dynasty

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 07, 2016, 10:46:57 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on January 07, 2016, 10:32:54 am

I hope we get to see that matchup.

Tell me though, if he scored 45, did you stop him?

1) If he scores 60 and Charleston wins I could care less.
2) I don't think he can score 35-40 on Charleston. They rebound and defend too well.
3) The kid is obviously very talented. I hope we get to face you guys.

NEA Razorback olfan

What type of defense does Charleston play?

NEark tigers

Earle Bulldogs does.

The Dynasty

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 07, 2016, 11:08:03 am
What type of defense does Charleston play?

Half court, man-to-man 75% of the time. Solid help side D and good defensive rebounding. I would call it a very sound defensive team that limits second chance opportunities. Only one team has shot over 50% against us this year and that was LR Hall. Only 3 others have shot over 40%.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas