• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reaves does it again

Started by MA, December 29, 2015, 11:47:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MA

Austin Reaves went nuts in the 4th qtr of their game against Jonesboro Westside last night. Austin scored Cedar Ridge's final 35 points, including 33 in the 4th qtr alone! Cedar Ridge was down by 14 to start the 4th when Reaves put the team on his back. He outscored Westside 33-17 on his own in the last 8 minutes. He made 3 straight 3's in the final 50 seconds to cut the lead to 2, tie the game, then won it at the buzzer. to say it was wild would be an understatement. Here are the Highlights! Enjoy!

Moonshiner

Has to be the best player in 3A and a top 5 prospect in Arkansas.

MA

AlumniLights

That kid can ball. that is all! 8)

Moonshiner

Although the defense in video pretty much consisted of waving at him as he went by.  Still an amazing effort.  Little surprised Westside didn't junk him.  Maybe they were, but couldn't tell from the video.

smallybells

That defense on the other side though.....Kid can shoot for sure , top five in state is a bit of a stretch..

AlumniLights

I was not going to be the one to state the effort of the defense, but regardless of the D, he's lights out. Why couldnt I have been that gifted? 6'5 and can play.

MA

Lets play a game. Everyone grab a ball and head to the gym. Get loose. Put 8 minutes on the clock. Take all of the same shots Reaves did in the 4th. Make the same moves and shoot off the bounce the same way he did lol. With no defense at all. Just you, the ball, and the rim. Check back here with how many points you scored. Good luck lol

Next game. Name Players you think have a genuine shot at scoring 33 points in a qtr on Jonesboro Westside's JV team. Ill start... Malik Monk. Peyton Willis.      That's all I've got.

NEark tigers

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: krik6 on December 29, 2015, 01:31:26 pm
Lets play a game. Everyone grab a ball and head to the gym. Get loose. Put 8 minutes on the clock. Take all of the same shots Reaves did in the 4th. Make the same moves and shoot off the bounce the same way he did lol. With no defense at all. Just you, the ball, and the rim. Check back here with how many points you scored. Good luck lol

Next game. Name Players you think have a genuine shot at scoring 33 points in a qtr on Jonesboro Westside's JV team. Ill start... Malik Monk. Peyton Willis.      That's all I've got.

Actually you shouldn't get 8 min, Westside got a possession in between Reaves making shots.

bdubyab60

Ive only seen 2 or 3 at most and one was an out of state kid.

sportsguy80

That's amazing for any player on any level. The only other players I can think of that you didn't mention that I have saw play that could come close are Trey Lennox of Hot Springs and Vanover of Prep. They both can shoot lights out but all the games I've saw them play in they had other contributors so they had to share it more.

smallybells

Against that team, ok, I'll give it a shot:

Malik Monk
Peyton Willis
Daniel Gafford
Eric Curry
DeShawn Williams
Czar Perry

RedWolf275

Haven't seen all the players in the state so I don't know if Reaves is top 5. But I feel pretty sure he will be D1 after seeing him in person.

RedWolf275

Can Gafford shoot 3's like that? Thought he was a big guy.

smallybells

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 29, 2015, 02:20:05 pm
Can Gafford shoot 3's like that? Thought he was a big guy.

That wasn't the question, it was who could score 33 on that team.

WPWells

Are we talking JB Westside JV or Varsity because there's a big difference. Any big man worth his salt should be able to dominate a JV team. Likewise a slasher should be able to get into the lane at will.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 29, 2015, 02:28:53 pm
Are we talking JB Westside JV or Varsity because there's a big difference. Any big man worth his salt should be able to dominate a JV team. Likewise a slasher should be able to get into the lane at will.
It was their varsity.

NEA Razorback olfan

Westside 12-2 was Up 14pts to start the 4th , they stil had their starters in.
I believe Reaves had 4 fouls the last 4 min of the game .

WPWells

NEA Razorback olfan

Moonshiner

Here's a comparison I thought of today.  Ky Madden.  Without the attitude and more gifted offensively.  Tell me Arkansas wouldn't take Madden without the baggage.

Moonshiner

December 29, 2015, 05:27:15 pm #22 Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:33:14 pm by Moonshiner
Quote from: smallybells on December 29, 2015, 12:23:29 pm
That defense on the other side though.....Kid can shoot for sure , top five in state is a bit of a stretch..

Why is it a stretch?  Because he doesn't play at a bigger school? Because he's White?

WPWells

I hope Arkansas takes a chance on this kid

NEA Razorback olfan

73 vs Forrest City
57 vs J. Westside

Speaks for  itself  IMO !!!

smallybells

Quote-Why is it a stretch?  Becaus he doesn't play at a bigger school?

Nope, has nothing to do with it at all. Just going off things I've read in other forums on him and other players that have been recruited in the 2016 class. It is just an opinion, just like everyone else has on here and they mean absolutely nothing in the end. I hope the kid does awesome and he very well may, I have seen kids not get any recognition on these boards and go on to play the next level when ones from schools that their fans traffic these boards more often didnt make the cut in the end, so that is what our "opinions" are worth, nothing personal intended.

sportsguy80

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 05:33:38 pm
73 vs Forrest City
57 vs J. Westside
Those are great numbers but we have to factor in the competition level. Has he played any AAU ball? What about any other opponents? The other guys we mentioned have played higher level competition some even national level competition.

Speaks for  itself  IMO !!!

tacomeat

Quote from: smallybells on December 29, 2015, 02:17:16 pm

Malik Monk
Peyton Willis
Daniel Gafford
Eric Curry
DeShawn Williams
Czar Perry

Wrong. Monk no one else. If you saw him play in the summer against elite comp you would know he's the second best player in this class. Just b/c he plays 3A school ball don't be confused. Same folks who wouldn't rate his brother correctly 2 yrs ago. I'd take him over Beard that yr. look at his stats last yr. in D2 out in Carolina. Freshman of the yr. & all conference + led team to tourney title. Both brothers straight up killers on the court. I'd take him over all you listed save 1.

Moonshiner

I'm not a Cedar Ridge fan at all, nor am I related to the kid.  But I've seen him play.  I know his genetics.  He's a basketball player, a winner.  And he's getting better every day.  He doesn't have the supporting cast as some of these other guys so he's gonna have really bad nights occasionally.  If he were a northwest Or central Arkansas guy he'd be top 5 no problem. That's why I'm even getting into this conversation.  Don't fault him because he did what so many others won't....and that's stay home and play where he's supposed to.

bdubyab60

December 29, 2015, 06:04:10 pm #29 Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:06:31 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: Fred Bird on December 29, 2015, 02:38:32 pm
Krik6 said JV
Jonesboro Westside who I call Westside has never put a JV team in the NEA. That's their varsity squad CR played. Not even sure they have a JV squad.

Don't get the Jonesboro mixed up with Jonesboro Hurricanes. Westside is its on school 4A.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: tacomeat on December 29, 2015, 05:54:52 pm
Quote from: smallybells on December 29, 2015, 02:17:16 pm

Malik Monk
Peyton Willis
Daniel Gafford
Eric Curry
DeShawn Williams
Czar Perry

Wrong. Monk no one else. If you saw him play in the summer against elite comp you would know he's the second best player in this class. Just b/c he plays 3A school ball don't be confused. Same folks who wouldn't rate his brother correctly 2 yrs ago. I'd take him over Beard that yr. look at his stats last yr. in D2 out in Carolina. Freshman of the yr. & all conference + led team to tourney title. Both brothers straight up killers on the court. I'd take him over all you listed save 1.

I don't believe you can put up those kind of numbers without playing AAU

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 29, 2015, 06:01:22 pm
I'm not a Cedar Ridge fan at all, nor am I related to the kid.  But I've seen him play.  I know his genetics.  He's a basketball player, a winner.  And he's getting better every day.  He doesn't have the supporting cast as some of these other guys so he's gonna have really bad nights occasionally.  If he were a northwest Or central Arkansas guy he'd be top 5 no problem. That's why I'm even getting into this conversation.  Don't fault him because he did what so many others won't....and that's stay home and play where he's supposed to.

+1

smallybells

Some of you are being a bit obtuse. I did not put up that list and say these players are hands down better than your guy, the original subject was name any other players that could score 33 points on that particular team. The level of defense being played looked like it could use improvement to say the least, never bashed the kid in any form, simply stated an opinion and gave my answer to the question posed earlier.

Batman44

I have never met Austin Reaves. Did meet his brother Spencer, once. Great young man, and doing great at UCM. Having said that, as good as Austin is, I would hate to see him go to U of A. Just a personal oponion. He deserves better than what he would receive up on the hill.

WPWells

So, obviously you have insider knowledge. What would he receive on the hill?

Batman44

WPWells

You talk a big game and can't back it up. I attend there and don't like you dissing my school. If you can't cite examples then I suggest you watch what you say. I've never heard of anything bad from the basketball program since Anderson has been there

NEA Razorback olfan

I hope he plays at ASU so I can watch him play

Batman44

Well Bred Fird, if you haven't heard anything bad about Anderson, you must have your head stuck where the sun don't shine. And, I don't need you suggesting anything to me. If I want your opinion on anything, I will give it to you. And, I will diss whatever I choose to, your school or not. Keep your smartazz remarks to yourself.

WPWells

You're a joke. Anderson has more class than you have in your little finger. I suggest you stop posting before you make even more of a fool of yourself than you already have. Clown

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 07:41:40 pm
I hope he plays at ASU so I can watch him play

Is he qualified to play D-I?

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe he could help ASU ,
You?

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 07:58:41 pm
I believe he could help ASU ,
You?

There's  a lot of players that could help ASU, lol, but he appears to have the talent to help. I was just wondering, I had read elsewhere that he would need to go to prep school, but it may have just been internet b.s.

NEA Razorback olfan

He is kinda thin , needs to bulk up some but can really score in spurts,

sportsguy80

NEA do you know if he has any offers yet? If so, where?

Silky Johnson

He had 49 points tonight in an OT win against 5A Nettleton 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: sportsguy80 on December 29, 2015, 08:19:52 pm
NEA do you know if he has any offers yet? If so, where?

ASU has officially offered
And he is getting interest from some other D1 looks including Gonzaga
According to Mr Reaves (asu12) I believe
I'm sure after these performances he will get some more offers

ISU7

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 29, 2015, 06:08:40 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on December 29, 2015, 06:01:22 pm

+1
Cheap shot huh. SMH

RedWolf275

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 29, 2015, 07:54:45 pm
You're a joke. Anderson has more class than you have in your little finger. I suggest you stop posting before you make even more of a fool of yourself than you already have. Clown

Anderson can't coach his way out of a paper sack. Apparently can't recruit either.

MA

49 tonight... Shun the nonbelievers!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas