• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 4 conference ranking

Started by xadboy, December 19, 2015, 05:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Charleston and Lamar are tied for first with Charleston holding the tiebreaker.
Paris and Two Rivers are tied for third with Paris holding the tiebreaker.

Currently:
Charleston holds tiebreakers over Lamar and Paris
Lamar holds tiebreakers over Two Rivers and Paris
Paris holds a tiebreaker over Two Rivers
Two Rivers holds a tiebreaker over Charleston

xadboy

Guess you can't depend on Maxpreps for the schedule, they don't have the Ctown/Danville game listed.

Who does Paris and TR play this Friday? Who does TR have on Tuesday?

#EagleStrong

Quote from: xadboy on January 20, 2016, 12:17:38 pm
Guess you can't depend on Maxpreps for the schedule, they don't have the Ctown/Danville game listed.

Paris has a crossover game with 1-West undefeated conference leader Lavaca at home.

xadboy

January 20, 2016, 02:49:42 pm #53 Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:52:24 pm by xadboy
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 20, 2016, 02:25:50 pm
Quote from: xadboy on January 20, 2016, 12:17:38 pm

Paris has a crossover game with 1-West undefeated conference leader Lavaca at home.
Should be a good game, but I have to root for the 4 in that game. Paris by 6

Got see Lavacca girls play a couple of games at the Westside tourney. Pretty good team, got size and depth. Should give the Lady Eagles a good game

Black and Gold

I'll take Paris by 15 over Lavaca

xadboy

xadboy

Think B&G may be right on this one. Paris should roll over them by 15 or more

#EagleStrong

I think Lavaca is better than you think, but losing to them would be a disappointment for sure, especially after beating Two Rivers on the road.

xadboy

Well tonight sure changes things. 2 thru 4 have all beat each other now. Big game Tuesday with Lamar @ Paris. Then Thursday night Lamar has Ctown at home. Should be an interesting week.

1 Ctown
2 thru 4 who knows
5 Atkins
6 Booneville
7 Danville

Longfellow

But TR beat Charleston by 22. I know, homecourt, Ola refs, Ross' technical was crap, We were hot that night. But still, 22 points. Fenner scored 9. We also beat Lamar, at home

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on January 22, 2016, 09:51:53 pm
But TR beat Charleston by 22. I know, homecourt, Ola refs, Ross' technical was crap, We were hot that night. But still, 22 points. Fenner scored 9. We also beat Lamar, at home

And lost to Paris on your home court  ;D

The Dynasty

I can't wait to play you guys again.

Longfellow

I can't wait to eat this quesadilla that I just bought from Taco Bell

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 22, 2016, 10:04:04 pm

Passing the hats for the referees already?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on January 22, 2016, 10:18:57 pm

Do you have no love for your stomach?

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 10:19:22 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on January 22, 2016, 10:18:57 pm

Do you have no love for your stomach?
I'm not an animal. I get it without cheese sauce

xadboy

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 22, 2016, 09:58:38 pm

And lost to Paris on your home court  ;D
And lost to Lamar at home. Or did you already forget?

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 10:19:08 pm

Nope. Keeping my money. From what I've seen few deserve what they get paid in the first place.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 23, 2016, 10:56:32 pm

Nope. Keeping my money. From what I've seen few deserve what they get paid in the first place.

Easy enough to get registered and show us how a good ref would call a game

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on January 24, 2016, 09:57:41 pm

Just set by me for a game. I'll tell you everything you need to know about reffing.

3 Dollar

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 25, 2016, 08:21:05 am
Quote from: HF on January 24, 2016, 09:57:41 pm

Just set by me for a game. I'll tell you everything you need to know about reffing.

As would most on here!

WPWells

When is the Charleston-TR game in Charleston?

Also, who do we play this week?

BigMan15

Atkins at Home Tuesday
@lamar on Thursday

Longfellow

HorseFeathers

My experiences from being neutral at 95% of games I attend, most in the stands don't understand what a travel or 3 seconds in the lane actually is...

BigMan15

haha thats actually funny how many times the crowd is screaming for a walk or a foul..

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on January 25, 2016, 11:51:55 am
My experiences from being neutral at 95% of games I attend, most in the stands don't understand what a travel or 3 seconds in the lane actually is...

That being said the refs are just now understanding how to call the Euro-step. Most still don't understand you can block a shot from behind.

xadboy

Another thing that I don't like to see is a lot of anticipated fouls. Seems like they don't blow the whistle until they see the player miss the shot. Another one is they don't understand charging, for instance if a defender is set, he can still jump straight up and if the offensive player jumps into him then that is an offensive foul. They don't ever call that and you see that a lot in games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on January 25, 2016, 01:44:52 pm
Another thing that I don't like to see is a lot of anticipated fouls. Seems like they don't blow the whistle until they see the player miss the shot. Another one is they don't understand charging, for instance if a defender is set, he can still jump straight up and if the offensive player jumps into him then that is an offensive foul. They don't ever call that and you see that a lot in games.

I'd have to see the rule on the charge, concerning the defensive player jumping, I've always been told that defensive player has to be set, and not within a certain area of basket...

And I agree, don't wait until the basket is made or missed call the foul if it's there. I was at a game the other night, where the action had started back the other way when the refs blew it dead for a foul on the last "play"...Might have even been charlestns favorite ola ref crew :D

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 25, 2016, 01:26:10 pm
Quote from: HF on January 25, 2016, 11:51:55 am

That being said the refs are just now understanding how to call the Euro-step. Most still don't understand you can block a shot from behind.

I hear ya lol...just saying in most cases the refs aren't as bad as fans think. if course if ya have a vested interest in the game, then refs are always out to get you 8). Ha....

Proud Buckaroo

Defender has to be set. He cannot jump at all.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on January 26, 2016, 02:49:52 am

Defender has to be set. He cannot jump at all.

I've always heard if you are in the air and straight up it's a no call. The defender has just as much right to that space as the shooter.

WPWells

Proud Buckaroo

As long as the player is moving vertically and not forward. It's a no call. If the players monentun carries him forward towards the offensive player. It's a blocking foul.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on January 26, 2016, 01:12:00 pm
As long as the player is moving vertically and not forward. It's a no call. If the players monentun carries him forward towards the offensive player. It's a blocking foul.

Probably depends on how good of a flopper/actor both players are....

xadboy

Quote from: HF on January 26, 2016, 05:03:18 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on January 26, 2016, 01:12:00 pm

Probably depends on how good of a flopper/actor both players are....
As long as the defender has established position, he can jump up and still be set. If the offensive player jumps into the defender it is a foul on the offense. It comes down to the refs judgement on who got the advantage by making the contact.

xadboy

Well it looks like conference is going to come down to TR @ Ctown. With Lamar losing to Ctown and Paris losing to Atkins, it has pretty much eliminated both from a title chance. That is unless some crazy upset games happen. Right now it looks like Paris and Lamar will compete for third seed or fourth seed. If Lamar wins out, they would need Paris to lose 2 more games in order to get the 3 seed. With Paris still having games against TR and Ctown it is a possibility. The only way for Lamar to get the 2 seed, TR would have to lose 3 games. So it looks like Lamar is destined for the 4 seed. Paris could still get the 2 seed by defeating both TR and Ctown. That's a lot of ifs, but the way this season has gone, who knows.

1. Ctown
2. Two Rivers
3. Paris
4. Lamar
5. Atkins
6. Booneville
7. Danville

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on January 29, 2016, 10:02:35 pm
Well it looks like conference is going to come down to TR @ Ctown. With Lamar losing to Ctown and Paris losing to Atkins, it has pretty much eliminated both from a title chance. That is unless some crazy upset games happen. Right now it looks like Paris and Lamar will compete for third seed or fourth seed. If Lamar wins out, they would need Paris to lose 2 more games in order to get the 3 seed. With Paris still having games against TR and Ctown it is a possibility. The only way for Lamar to get the 2 seed, TR would have to lose 3 games. So it looks like Lamar is destined for the 4 seed. Paris could still get the 2 seed by defeating both TR and Ctown. That's a lot of ifs, but the way this season has gone, who knows.

1. Ctown
2. Two Rivers
3. Paris
4. Lamar
5. Atkins
6. Booneville
7. Danville

Paris could still get a piece of that conference title if they beat Charleston

xadboy

Quote from: HF on January 29, 2016, 10:11:57 pm
Quote from: xadboy on January 29, 2016, 10:02:35 pm

1. Ctown
2. Two Rivers
3. Paris
4. Lamar
5. Atkins
6. Booneville
7. Danville

Paris could still get a piece of that conference title if they beat Charleston
Ctown only has one loss where Paris has 3. So they would need Ctown to lose at least 1 more against someone other than TR. Granted Paris have both TR and Ctown at home so they have a little advantage.

xadboy

Haven't heard anything on Paris and Danville if they played Tuesday or not.

Lamar looked solid vs Booneville. If we can keep this intensity up could make a run in playoffs.

When does TR and Ctown hoop it up again?

The Dynasty

Quote from: xadboy on February 03, 2016, 12:51:13 am
Haven't heard anything on Paris and Danville if they played Tuesday or not.

Lamar looked solid vs Booneville. If we can keep this intensity up could make a run in playoffs.

When does TR and Ctown hoop it up again?

Last game of the year, Friday February 12th.

Bigkuntri69

WPWells

^Probably the guy from Mansfield who had to guard fenner. Get a life

BigMan15

Thats fine if you feel that way but let be honest Charleston is in 1st and has the best player in the conference and another who might get all state as well. So sorry you feel that way maybe if you were at Charleston you would feel better!! Winning does that!!

WPWells

Black and Gold

With a name like Bigkuntri69, you know it's some kid in high school who is jealous of Fenner. Keep working kid you'll get there someday... Maybe

WPWells

The Dynasty

xadboy

Overrated? Ctown will still be playing long after you go back to the farm bigkuntri69. Don't mess with the bull or you might get the horns!

Longfellow

His name alone is a sad commentary on the state of education in this nation

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on February 03, 2016, 01:57:56 pm
His name alone is a sad commentary on the state of education in this nation

Or a good example of his originality?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas