• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 4 conference ranking

Started by xadboy, December 19, 2015, 05:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

guru

Who do Lamar have left to play?

mi-ky

Quote from: Bigkuntri69 on February 03, 2016, 11:32:22 am
Fenner is overrated. The end.

Why would you make a comment like that??? Anyone that spends 5 minutes on here knows bigman15 is Fenner's dad. Why cut a kid down like that? Any kid for that matter. Fenner is a dang nice player and conducts his self the right way on the floor. What else does anyone want. Fenner doesn't need anyone to stick up for him, heck his game does that on it's own but that was classless.

RTF

Quote from: mi-ky on February 04, 2016, 06:45:01 am
Quote from: Bigkuntri69 on February 03, 2016, 11:32:22 am
Fenner is overrated. The end.

Why would you make a comment like that??? Anyone that spends 5 minutes on here knows bigman15 is Fenner's dad. Why cut a kid down like that? Any kid for that matter. Fenner is a dang nice player and conducts his self the right way on the floor. What else does anyone want. Fenner doesn't need anyone to stick up for him, heck his game does that on it's own but that was classless.

I don't think he is overrated. He is one of the best shooters in 3A currently and a very good rebounder. However, I do think his overall game is lacking, he is a decent ball handler at best and his defensive skills are not very good but he is a Junior and maybe that stuff will be better next year. But, I do applaud you if your job was to get under Charleston fans skin because, as shown above, you did.....

dentist15

February 04, 2016, 10:07:55 am #103 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:14:04 am by dentist15
[/guote] RTF
I don't think he is overrated. He is one of the best shooters in 3A currently and a very good rebounder. However, I do think his overall game is lacking, he is a decent ball handler at best and his defensive skills are not very good but he is a Junior and maybe that stuff will be better next year. But, I do applaud you if your job was to get under Charleston fans skin because, as shown above, you did.....
[/quote]

Unfortunately see that a lot with small school players that are great shooters, they never develop the other areas of their game as well as they do their shooting, because they really don't have to to still have a big impact on the game. He's definitely not overrated, and is already a great player, but certainly if he develops the rest of his game to a level close to his scoring abilities, then watch out (even more than teams already have to)

BigMan15

No player in high school is perfect. He still has to work on a few things on defense and his speed and even ball handling. Those will be things that will improve during offseason with his trainer. Appreciate the nice things but like someone else said his game speaks for itself.

xadboy

Quote from: guru on February 03, 2016, 11:22:51 pm
Who do Lamar have left to play?
Lamar has road games against Atkins and Danville. We play Mayflower on road as our last regular season game.

xadboy

Well its coming down to TR at Ctown for conference. Paris needs to win one of its two remaining conference games or Lamar can grab the 3 seed.

WPWells

HorseFeathers

xadboy

I think TR goes to Paris Tuesday.

xadboy

Who does Paris play next Friday?

HorseFeathers

xadboy

Must win game for TR at Paris on Tuesday if they want chance for conference. Ctown should beat Booneville on Tuesday so unless we get a major upset. Which would lead to a big game next Friday for it all. Or Paris could play spoiler by knocking TR off. So I look for Ctown to win both games and Lamar rooting for Booneville to beat Paris next Friday to see if they can get the 3 seed. Lamar should beat Danville on Tuesday, its final conference game.

Lot to still be decided.

xadboy

Since Lamar doesn't play this Friday, hope TR beats Paris. That would give Lamar the 3 seed in tournament.  If so I'll be making the trip to Ctown to watch that one.

BigMan15

Im actually pulling for TR tonight because id love to see Atkins vs Paris first round of district to go to regionals. How much of a disappointment would be for Paris not making it to regionals after winning their first district championship in over 20 years...WOW

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 09, 2016, 10:02:59 am
Im actually pulling for TR tonight because id love to see Atkins vs Paris first round of district to go to regionals. How much of a disappointment would be for Paris not making it to regionals after winning their first district championship in over 20 years...WOW

That would be a good game to watch... but I like how your blowing your own horn there, your kid is there and Paris wins district then he leaves and they might not make it to regionals, arrogant much?

BigMan15

RTF

BigMan15

If you didnt hate Charleston so much I think we would be friends

RTF

doubt it... my biggest pet peeve is arrogance and cockiness, which I am finding out that you are full of, lol its like you are the one out there doing all the work than your son....

BigMan15

nah I just like giving you a hard time. Do you have a son? Im very proud of mine along with my other kids.

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 09, 2016, 10:33:21 am
nah I just like giving you a hard time. Do you have a son? Im very proud of mine along with my other kids.

I have two kids yes

BigMan15

RTF

A very big age gap between them so one does yes ( the other is not old enough)

BigMan15

So is Paris schools are great im sure they go there then right?

RTF

I do not live in Paris, but if I did yes they would.

xadboy

Would like to see TR beat Paris so Lamar could grab that 3 seed. Atkins vs Paris at district would be a good game. Atkins is a tough out no matter who they play. Lamar has beat Atkins three times with all games being close.

Plus I want TR to win so I have something to do Friday night by going to TR at Ctown.

xadboy

With the Paris loss, Lamar locks up the 3 seed. TR and Ctown battle it out Friday night for conference.

Black and Gold

Paris will be the 4? Is there a 5th?

xadboy

Quote from: Black and Gold on February 09, 2016, 10:10:24 pm
Paris losing gives them 5 conference losses, with Lamar having 4 loses and no more games Paris can't catch them. Atkins has the 5 seed locked up. So at district Atkins and Paris will play each other. Lamar will play the 6 seed being Booneville. The winner of TR and Ctown will get a bye and a regional bid locked up. Loser of that game will play Danville at district.

cdelaney

Quote from: xadboy on February 10, 2016, 12:05:45 am
Quote from: Black and Gold on February 09, 2016, 10:10:24 pm
Paris losing gives them 5 conference losses, with Lamar having 4 loses and no more games Paris can't catch them. Atkins has the 5 seed locked up. So at district Atkins and Paris will play each other. Lamar will play the 6 seed being Booneville. The winner of TR and Ctown will get a bye and a regional bid locked up. Loser of that game will play Danville at district.
Usually 1 and 2 seeds get byes to semi's in district

Black and Gold

3 Dollar

This would be how your district tournament would shape up:

1st Round:

Game 1 - #6 Booneville v #7 Danville

2nd Round:

Game 2 - #4 Paris v #5 Atkins
Game 3 - #3 Lamar v Winner of Game 1

Semi-Finals:
Game 4 - #1 Charleston/TR v Winner of Game 2
Game 5 - #2 Charleston/TR v Winner of Game 3

Finals:
Game 6 - Winner of Game 4 v Winner of Game 5

cdelaney

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 10, 2016, 08:18:42 am
This would be how your district tournament would shape up:

1st Round:

Game 1 - #6 Booneville v #7 Danville

2nd Round:

Game 2 - #4 Paris v #5 Atkins
Game 3 - #3 Lamar v Winner of Game 1

Semi-Finals:
Game 4 - #1 Charleston/TR v Winner of Game 2
Game 5 - #2 Charleston/TR v Winner of Game 3

Finals:
Game 6 - Winner of Game 4 v Winner of Game 5
thats more like it

Black and Gold

Is every seed except the 1/2 locked? Or is there a chance for some more upsets?

Longfellow

xadboy

Everything except the 1/2 seed. I saw a bracket for district and only 1 seed had a bye.

First rd.        Second rd.
                     1 Ctown
4 Paris
5 Atkins

3 Lamar
6 Booneville

2 TR
7 Danville

And Ctown could be 2 seed if they lose to TR, who would then be the 1.

BigMan15

its a little different
Danville and Booneville play first round
just the 6 vs 7
then winner plays lamar
Paris vs Atkins
with Charleston and TR having the bye

xadboy

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 10, 2016, 10:48:57 am
its a little different
Danville and Booneville play first round
just the 6 vs 7
then winner plays lamar
Paris vs Atkins
with Charleston and TR having the bye
So would Lamar play the 2 seed (Ctown/TR loser) if they win?

BigMan15

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas