• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East Conference Standings

Started by yellowjackethooper, December 15, 2015, 08:45:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AmSycho

Who was the player that got a Tech and stayed in the game? I'm curious.

bobcats

January 11, 2016, 03:32:28 pm #51 Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:40:58 pm by bobcats
Quote from: AmSycho on January 11, 2016, 03:10:26 pm
Who was the player that got a Tech and stayed in the game? I'm curious.

Why does that matter?  The ref was 30 feet away when he called the T and had no idea what he said.  There was plenty of yaking going on by both sides.  He was not removed because the ref could not tell the coach what was specifically said, just that he was talking.

TheOfficial

Actually the ref told the coach exactly what he did.  He was in the face of another player.

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 11, 2016, 11:12:29 pm
Actually the ref told the coach exactly what he did.  He was in the face of another player.

That's called defense.

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on January 11, 2016, 11:15:10 pm
Quote from: TheOfficial on January 11, 2016, 11:12:29 pm

That's called defense.
Not when he is mouthing him.  That's called taunting and that is an unsportsmanlike conduct technical everytime.

biglion1985

I know this is from a different conference but it wouldn't be in a game at osceola just saying

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Bobcats, this is the problem with our society today. Our kids have a severe lack of respect for not just their elders but their own generation. I was close enough to the call that I happen to know exactly what the player in question said, and it is not acceptable. And that issue only grows when parents and adults like you try to defend them. What happened to the days when parents backed the teacher NO MATTER WHAT happened in the classroom? Now, parents back their students and try to give them excuses for disrupting class and having low grades. This is the exact same situation, but on the court.

ballmember

hard to control emotions when getting hammered.   understandable, however to be a top flight team it will be important   for coach to do so and his team to do so in the future.     game at valley will be interesting as well as district tourney. 

Basketballfan13

just ask the bengals, they know all about that.

AmSycho

I was just curious because I have 2 players in mind that I've seen lose their cool when things weren't going their way. It has happened more than one time when they were behind in the game.

I agree with you, Doc. There is a total lack of accountability in today's society. The kids do something wrong and get into trouble, whether its a foul or disciplined, and their parents come running to their aid immediately. No questions of what happened, just reaction. Even if the parent witnessed the student athlete violate the rule, they're the first ones on the sideline screaming at the ref, because their baby didn't do anything wrong. Accountability is a lost art.

yellowjackethooper

This sure does seem like a big discussion over a technical? Are tech's a regular thing for Marshall players and their coach or what? I don't understand all the uproar? This happens every night somewhere.

TheOfficial

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on January 12, 2016, 07:44:58 am
Bobcats, this is the problem with our society today. Our kids have a severe lack of respect for not just their elders but their own generation. I was close enough to the call that I happen to know exactly what the player in question said, and it is not acceptable. And that issue only grows when parents and adults like you try to defend them. What happened to the days when parents backed the teacher NO MATTER WHAT happened in the classroom? Now, parents back their students and try to give them excuses for disrupting class and having low grades. This is the exact same situation, but on the court.

Amen Doc +1

Moonshiner

drybones

As the ref walked by him he said something to him and received a T. He wasn't jumping up and down or screaming but whatever he said must have warranted the call.

TheOfficial

Valley boys and girls both won by about 50 over GF.
Yellville boys have to have overtime to beat Cotter boys by 4.

drybones

drybones

ZoneBuster

drybones

lorettalynn

my guess yellville got the big head

drybones

My guess is yellville couldn't handle valleys pressure. Good win for valley.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Valley really showed who was boss tonight. A great win for the Tigers. I'm really excited to get to see them play Marshall Tuesday! Should be a great game

we_hate_the_band

It just cracks me up to see Yellville absolutely fall apart after winning NAC.

Speaking of NAC, that tournament was a joke. The only time Marshall or yellville should get a 1 or 2 seed in anything is a canoe race.

drybones

Any updates on tonight's games.
Valley girls and Crane Missouri played tonight. Crane 51 Valley 48

@CurryLegion

Flippin beat Cotter 63-47. Good game tonight. Politte and Kopacz with 19 each.

bobcats

Marshall boys over Yellville 54-41.  Marshall girls won as well.

drybones

Games in the north postponed tonight due to weather.

YSPantherTO20

Marshall 51 Flippin 41. Marshall trailed 25-13 at the half and was down 31-18 with 2:30 left in the third. Marshall used a 24-2 run to come back and take a 42-33 lead. Flippin got as close as 45-41 but Marshall made its free throws to survive.

Coach Hargrove and Flippin slowed Marshall down to perfection for the first 22 minutes of the game. It was impressive to see Marshall look out of whack.

What was more impressive was Marshall's intensity in the fourth quarter. One steal lead to another and another, and the pressure was contagious. After being so controlled, Flippin crumbled with Marshall's chaotic pressure. Marshall scored 26 points in the fourth after scoring just 25 in the first three quarters.

bobcats

Quote from: YSPantherTO20 on January 28, 2016, 10:07:46 pm
Marshall 51 Flippin 41. Marshall trailed 25-13 at the half and was down 31-18 with 2:30 left in the third. Marshall used a 24-2 run to come back and take a 42-33 lead. Flippin got as close as 45-41 but Marshall made its free throws to survive.

Coach Hargrove and Flippin slowed Marshall down to perfection for the first 22 minutes of the game. It was impressive to see Marshall look out of whack.

What was more impressive was Marshall's intensity in the fourth quarter. One steal lead to another and another, and the pressure was contagious. After being so controlled, Flippin crumbled with Marshall's chaotic pressure. Marshall scored 26 points in the fourth after scoring just 25 in the first three quarters.

A good synopsis of the game.  Marshall proved tonight they have learned to battle back from a double digit deficit and win going away.  Good teams learn how to win on the road on a night when your shots aren't falling but you figure out how to get it done.  Good job boys!

Marshall boys record, 18-5 and 13-0 in conference.

TheOfficial

What conference games do we have tonight?

bobcats

January 29, 2016, 11:02:47 am #80 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:23:01 pm by bobcats
According to Maxpreps,

VS at YS

Melbourne at Bergman

Cotter at GF

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on January 29, 2016, 11:02:47 am
According to Maxpreps,

VS at YS

Melbourne at Bergman

Cotter at GF

VS/YS boys and Melbourne/Bergman girls could be good games.  Rest don't sound like much.

BigMan15

When does Valley and Marshall play again

bobcats

drybones

drybones

Valley boys and girls win at Flippin tonight.

bobcats

Basketballfan13

bobcats

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 03, 2016, 07:11:58 am
Quote from: bobcats on February 02, 2016, 11:25:25 pm
Marshall boys won at Mtn View.
Any clue what the girls score was?
Don't remember the score but Mtn View won by around 15.

Moonshiner

WIld night at Cotter last night.  Melbourne was in town.  Cotter was up when Melbourne coach got a T.  Later came more technicals and a first half coach ejection.  Not sure who decided to end the game, but Melbourne took their ball and left at halftime.  I wasn't there, but heard this from someone who was.

bobcats

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 09:17:04 am
WIld night at Cotter last night.  Melbourne was in town.  Cotter was up when Melbourne coach got a T.  Later came more technicals and a first half coach ejection.  Not sure who decided to end the game, but Melbourne took their ball and left at halftime.  I wasn't there, but heard this from someone who was.

Has anyone ever been to a game where one team loaded the bus and left at half?

Moonshiner

From what I hear Cotter is playing really well right now.  I've not heard of this happening in around 15 years.  The AAA I believe has a pretty strong rule against this type of thing

drybones

Valley goes to Melbourne Friday night. Hopefully things will be calmed down by then.

Googlymoogly

Here's what I have for the boys...
Marshall and Valley Springs have clinched the top two seeds and thus both have secured a berth to the regional tournament. The will play at Valley on Thursday, Feb. 11 to determine who is 1 and who is 2, if neither loses before then.
Flippin will wrap up the third seed with a victory at home Friday against Green Forest.
I've got Yelllville-Summit with three games remaining and the Panthers will clinch fourth place with wins in two of those games.
Cotter has finished its league slate with a 9-7 mark. The Warriors can creep up to fourth if Yellville loses two of its last three games.

For the girls...
Valley Springs wrapped this thing up around Halloween (I think) so will be the No. 1 seed once again.
And Melbourne has already wrapped up second so those two teams have clinched regional berths
Bergman and Mountain View are tied for third with each having a 9-5 record. Bergman has Yellville and Marshall left while Mountain View has two games left against Yellville.
And the Yellville-Summit girls are sitting at 6-7 with three games left.

Let me know if anything here sounds wrong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 03, 2016, 07:53:41 pm
Here's what I have for the boys...
Marshall and Valley Springs have clinched the top two seeds and thus both have secured a berth to the regional tournament. The will play at Valley on Thursday, Feb. 11 to determine who is 1 and who is 2, if neither loses before then.
Flippin will wrap up the third seed with a victory at home Friday against Green Forest.
I've got Yelllville-Summit with three games remaining and the Panthers will clinch fourth place with wins in two of those games.
Cotter has finished its league slate with a 9-7 mark. The Warriors can creep up to fourth if Yellville loses two of its last three games.

For the girls...
Valley Springs wrapped this thing up around Halloween (I think) so will be the No. 1 seed once again.
And Melbourne has already wrapped up second so those two teams have clinched regional berths
Bergman and Mountain View are tied for third with each having a 9-5 record. Bergman has Yellville and Marshall left while Mountain View has two games left against Yellville.
And the Yellville-Summit girls are sitting at 6-7 with three games left.

Let me know if anything here sounds wrong.

Can you go over to the conference standings and compare what you have with what I have?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 11:50:02 am
From what I hear Cotter is playing really well right now.  I've not heard of this happening in around 15 years.  The AAA I believe has a pretty strong rule against this type of thing
If everything falls like it is supposed to, Cotter would play Melbourne in the first round of the district tournament. heh!

Moonshiner

Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 03, 2016, 09:44:04 pm
If everything falls like it is supposed to, Cotter would play Melbourne in the first round of the district tournament. heh!

Where is the district?  Isn't it at Melbourne?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 09:52:09 pm

Flippin I think

Googlymoogly

Flippin hosts the district. Melbourne hosted it last year and is hosting next week's junior high district

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on February 03, 2016, 09:53:23 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 09:52:09 pm

Flippin I think

Well in that case Melbourne should just leave their bus running

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas