• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East Conference Standings

Started by yellowjackethooper, December 15, 2015, 08:45:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOfficial

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 09:59:49 pm
Quote from: HF on February 03, 2016, 09:53:23 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 09:52:09 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 03, 2016, 09:44:04 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on February 03, 2016, 11:50:02 am
From what I hear Cotter is playing really well right now.  I've not heard of this happening in around 15 years.  The AAA I believe has a pretty strong rule against this type of thing
If everything falls like it is supposed to, Cotter would play Melbourne in the first round of the district tournament. heh!

Where is the district?  Isn't it at Melbourne?

Flippin I think

Well in that case Melbourne should just leave their bus running

I literally laughed out loud.  Best comment of the day.

TheOfficial

What is the format of the tourney for this district?

Googlymoogly

Three first round games... #4 plays #9, #5 plays #8 and #6 plays #7.
Then in the quarter final round, the winners of the 4/9 and 5/8 play each other and #3 plays the winner of 6/7.
Then in the semifinals #1 plays the winner of 4/9-5/8, and #2 plays the winner of 3-6/7

bobcats

Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 03, 2016, 10:52:06 pm
Three first round games... #4 plays #9, #5 plays #8 and #6 plays #7.
Then in the quarter final round, the winners of the 4/9 and 5/8 play each other and #3 plays the winner of 6/7.
Then in the semifinals #1 plays the winner of 4/9-5/8, and #2 plays the winner of 3-6/7

Have they changed the bracket from last year?  I'm pretty sure they play a 8/9 play in game, then 5 plays 8/9 and 6/7 play.  Then 3 plays 6/7 and 4/5-8/9.  Is this right?

Googlymoogly

I like my bracket better but I can see it working the other way...
#8 vs. #9 with the winner taking on #5 and then THAT winner taking on #4 which had a bye to the quarters
#6 vs. #7 with the winner taking on #3 in the quarters
etc etc etc

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 03, 2016, 10:17:58 pm
What is the format of the tourney for this district?

Double elimination round robin games to 21 by 1 and 2

drybones

@CurryLegion

Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 03, 2016, 07:53:41 pm
Here's what I have for the boys...
Marshall and Valley Springs have clinched the top two seeds and thus both have secured a berth to the regional tournament. The will play at Valley on Thursday, Feb. 11 to determine who is 1 and who is 2, if neither loses before then.
Flippin will wrap up the third seed with a victory at home Friday against Green Forest.
I've got Yelllville-Summit with three games remaining and the Panthers will clinch fourth place with wins in two of those games.
Cotter has finished its league slate with a 9-7 mark. The Warriors can creep up to fourth if Yellville loses two of its last three games.

For the girls...
Valley Springs wrapped this thing up around Halloween (I think) so will be the No. 1 seed once again.
And Melbourne has already wrapped up second so those two teams have clinched regional berths
Bergman and Mountain View are tied for third with each having a 9-5 record. Bergman has Yellville and Marshall left while Mountain View has two games left against Yellville.
And the Yellville-Summit girls are sitting at 6-7 with three games left.

Let me know if anything here sounds wrong.
Flippin has two games left. They are sitting at 8-6. They play Green Forest at Home Friday night, and have to travel to Melbourne on Tuesday evening for a makeup game from earlier in the season. I think this is why their record is messed up in HF's standings. This also means that a win Friday does not necessarily lock up 3rd for Flippin, due to the fact that Yellville can win out and end at 10-6. However Flippin does hold the tiebreaker over Yellville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 04, 2016, 04:23:10 pm
Marshall and Valley Springs have clinched the top two seeds and thus both have secured a berth to the regional tournament. The will play at Valley on Thursday, Feb. 11 to determine who is 1 and who is 2, if neither loses before then.
Flippin will wrap up the third seed with a victory at home Friday against Green Forest.
I've got Yelllville-Summit with three games remaining and the Panthers will clinch fourth place with wins in two of those games.
Cotter has finished its league slate with a 9-7 mark. The Warriors can creep up to fourth if Yellville loses two of its last three games.

For the girls...
Valley Springs wrapped this thing up around Halloween (I think) so will be the No. 1 seed once again.
And Melbourne has already wrapped up second so those two teams have clinched regional berths
Bergman and Mountain View are tied for third with each having a 9-5 record. Bergman has Yellville and Marshall left while Mountain View has two games left against Yellville.

Flippin has two games left. They are sitting at 8-6. They play Green Forest at Home Friday night, and have to travel to Melbourne on Tuesday evening for a makeup game from earlier in the season. I think this is why their record is messed up in HF's standings. This also means that a win Friday does not necessarily lock up 3rd for Flippin, due to the fact that Yellville can win out and end at 10-6. However Flippin does hold the tiebreaker over Yellville.

Post over there and help me out 8)

@CurryLegion

Quote from: HF on February 04, 2016, 05:50:49 pm
Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 04, 2016, 04:23:10 pm

For the girls...

Post over there and help me out 8)
I got ya, HF.

drybones

drybones

Marshall at Valley tomorrow night.
I pick Valley by 12

TheOfficial

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas