• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East Conference Standings

Started by yellowjackethooper, December 15, 2015, 08:45:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowjackethooper

I would like to get a thread and keep the standings updated. I will need some help from fellow posters though. I would like to do kind of what the 3A-4 does and update regularly with scores and stuff. I'm going to do some research today and try to nail everything down and be up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

bobcats

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on December 15, 2015, 08:45:53 am
I would like to get a thread and keep the standings updated. I will need some help from fellow posters though. I would like to do kind of what the 3A-4 does and update regularly with scores and stuff. I'm going to do some research today and try to nail everything down and be up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Marshall is 7-4, 6-0 in conference.  Went to Valley last night, Flippin should have won that game.  Valley won by 2 on a lay up with 1 sec left.

Baller_34

not a clue

also was at that game last night...I wouldn't say valley is struggling, thought flippin played decent defense.  politte has been fighting some kind of groin injury this season as he hasn't looked the same this year.  from my count,  Flippin is 9-8 and 2-4 in conference.

bobcats

Quote from: not a clue on December 15, 2015, 03:59:31 pm
also was at that game last night...I wouldn't say valley is struggling, thought flippin played decent defense.  politte has been fighting some kind of groin injury this season as he hasn't looked the same this year.  from my count,  Flippin is 9-8 and 2-4 in conference.

Kopacz also missed the 2nd half with some kind of illness.

not a clue

Flippin over Melbourne by 15 tonight...3-4 in conference...heard the Marshall game was close with mtn view, didn't hear the final though

Googlymoogly

December 15, 2015, 11:19:21 pm #6 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:31:05 pm by Googlymoogly
Valley boys are 5-1. Bergman is 1-5 and Cotter is 4-3
On the girls side, Valley and Melbourne are both 6-0 while Bergman is 5-1 and Cotter 2-5

bobcats

December 15, 2015, 11:56:35 pm #7 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:59:58 pm by bobcats
Quote from: not a clue on December 15, 2015, 10:48:54 pm
Flippin over Melbourne by 15 tonight...3-4 in conference...heard the Marshall game was close with mtn view, didn't hear the final though

Marshall won by 23.  Came out sluggish, led by 4 at half then Coach Drennan got their attention and they came out in the 2nd half with a 23-4 run to put the game away.

Marshall boys moved to 7-0 in conference.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

bobcats

Marshall won at Bergman tonight to move to 8-0 in conference.

drybones

2 undefeated conference teams meet tonight. Valley and Melbourne girls. At valley.

ZoneBuster

VS girls 61-33 according to Facebook

bobcats

Marshall and Yellville boys are both in the semi's of the NACC tournament in Harrison.

drybones

The bracket online shows that Omaha won, but where they listed the points it shows yellville 58 Omaha 29.

TheOfficial

Quote from: drybones on January 08, 2016, 08:23:29 am
The bracket online shows that Omaha won, but where they listed the points it shows yellville 58 Omaha 29.

This is the correct score

bobcats

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 08, 2016, 09:16:59 am
Quote from: drybones on January 08, 2016, 08:23:29 am

This is the correct score

Have they worked it out with Valley to move their game so they can play tonight at NACC?

oldtimer

Valley Springs is not in the NAC games.

bobcats

January 08, 2016, 12:54:24 pm #17 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:58:22 pm by bobcats
Quote from: oldtimer on January 08, 2016, 12:43:39 pm
Valley Springs is not in the NAC games.

I am aware of that, but Yellville is and they have a tournament game tonight at 7 and a regularly scheduled game at Valley tonight.  My question was, has Yellville worked something out with Valley to move their game or are they going to forfeit the tournament game and play Valley tonight?

YSPantherTO20

Per Facebook: The Yellville-Summit and Valley Springs games have been postponed until Thursday, Jan. 14.

bobcats

Quote from: YSPantherTO20 on January 08, 2016, 01:09:02 pm
Per Facebook: The Yellville-Summit and Valley Springs games have been postponed until Thursday, Jan. 14.

Thanks

bobcats

That will create an interesting 5 day period.  Valley/Yellville on Thursday, Marshall/Yellville on Friday and Marshall/Valley the following Tuesday.

drybones

Yellville/Marshall could also meet up Saturday in the finals.

drybones

Anybody have the scores of tonight's games at the NAC tournament?

YSPantherTO20

Yellville boys beat Kingston 54-40 and Marshall boys beat Norfork 62-45 to set up a Yellville/Marshall final.

In the Yellville/Kingston boys game, Kingston came back from down 36-25 to within 40-35 with 2:10 left. A Kingston and Y-S player got tangled up on Yellville's next possession, which led to an ejection of the Kingston player. Y-S then made 4 free throws for the two technicals and that pretty much sealed it.

In girls' games, Kingston beat Yellville 63-49 and Jasper topped Alpena 57-39. I didn't see much of the Jasper/Alpena game but Jasper held a roughly 20-point lead most of the fourth quarter. In the Yellville/Kingston game, Y-S came back from down 42-26 to within 42-37 before fatigue and foul trouble doomed Y-S down the stretch.

ErnestTBass

What time are the finals? Didn't they used to play a consolation game in this tournament?"

bobcats

Boys final is at 6, girls is after the boys.

ErnestTBass

drybones

Quote from: bobcats on January 08, 2016, 02:02:36 pm

That will create an interesting 5 day period.  Valley/Yellville on Thursday, Marshall/Yellville on Friday and Marshall/Valley the following Tuesday.

drybones

Quote from: drybones on January 09, 2016, 02:45:41 pm

Predictions on these games? Including tonight's game at NAC.

bobcats

Quote from: drybones on January 09, 2016, 02:48:19 pm

I expect Marshall to win in a close one.  Even though Marshall was the 1 seed, they have had a tougher road to this point.  The.last two games they have had battles getting by 4A Highland and Norfork while Yellville beat Omaha and Kingston.  Kingston isn't bad, but they don't have a Travis Lewis.  I'll comment on the other games in a couple of days.

Moonshiner

January 09, 2016, 05:27:04 pm #30 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:57:40 pm by Moonshiner
Quote from: bobcats on January 09, 2016, 03:14:52 pm

I expect Marshall to win in a close one.  Even though Marshall was the 1 seed, they have had a tougher road to this point.  The.last two games they have had battles getting by 4A Highland and Norfork while Yellville beat Omaha and Kingston.  Kingston isn't bad, but they don't have a Travis Lewis.  I'll comment on the other games in a couple of days.

How is Marshalls road tougher with St. Joe in the first round?   Omaha is no slouch and Kingston is pretty solid.

HorseFeathers

Argh....guys the quoting mishap lol

Moonshiner

Not sure why that happened?  Tried to fix it and it still wasn't right.

drybones

Yellville 15 Marshall 9. End of 1st

Moonshiner

drybones

drybones

End of 3rd yellville 46 Marshall 28

Moonshiner

Moonshiner

Just heard that Yellville won by 28. 

drybones

Final yellville 67 Marshall 39. Nobody would have expected that!

Moonshiner

Marshall must've had a cold shooting night.  Only 37 points

WPWells

"But Marshall is top 5!"

😂😂😂😂😂

YSpantherfan

YSPantherTO20

Easily the best I've seen Yellville play all year. Yellville handled Marshall's pressure and looked like a totally different team than when Marshall beat Yellville by 23 earlier this year.

I hate to bring it up, but Marshall got a bit chippy down the stretch. Playing aggressive defensive is understandable, but several fouls were more rough than necessary. Being mad at yourself is one thing, but taking it out on someone else doesn't look good.

I was a bit surprised to see a Marshall player receive a technical and not get subbed out. Later when the coach received a technical, I wasn't surprised.

Moonshiner

In all fairness Yellville is a bit mouthy.  Getting beat and more than likely taunted possibly led to that. 

drybones

I didn't notice that yellville was being mouthy, but I did notice the frustration in the Marshall players.
I don't know why the player received a T foul, but I was also surprised when he remained in the game.

lorettalynn

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 09, 2016, 05:27:04 pm
Quote from: bobcats on January 09, 2016, 03:14:52 pm

How is Marshalls road tougher with St. Joe in the first round?   Omaha is no slouch and Kingston is pretty solid.

Moonshiner...can you venture over to the 1a board and give us some insight in Kingston? At 21-6 they've been flying under the radar all year

Moonshiner

Victim to the quoting mishap too I see 😜

HorseFeathers

That post sequence is poisoned lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas