• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 3A-3 thread

Started by Head Lion, July 23, 2015, 05:57:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

Perry girls are all gone at Marked Tree

HowlKing1721

How did your girls look against Nettleton tonight Head Lion?  Thats a good game to play early in the season to measure where your teams at. Coach Smith does a great job over there.

Silky Johnson

Bay sr. Girls over Corning girls last I heard.

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 10, 2015, 09:06:50 pm
Bay sr. Girls over Corning girls last I heard.
Bay Sr girls over corning 78- 66 final.

Paperman

Osceola girls 36, Blythevile 32 final Monday night at Osceola. Akeyla Barksdale led Lady Seminoles with 10 points! Imani Fletcher moved to Georgia over the summer!

Head Lion

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 10, 2015, 08:48:20 pm
How did your girls look against Nettleton tonight Head Lion?  Thats a good game to play early in the season to measure where your teams at. Coach Smith does a great job over there.
I didn't make it, putting out fires in Manila. I heard we struggled quite a bit though.

HowlKing1721

Quote from: Head Lion on November 10, 2015, 10:27:20 pm
Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 10, 2015, 08:48:20 pm
I didn't make it, putting out fires in Manila. I heard we struggled quite a bit though.

Nothing wrong with that. Good competition can only make you better.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on November 10, 2015, 09:51:53 pm
Osceola girls 36, Blythevile 32 final Monday night at Osceola. Akeyla Barksdale led Lady Seminoles with 10 points! Imani Fletcher moved to Georgia over the summer!
Wow, Fletcher moving is a big loss for the Lady Noles..

Paperman

Yes ISU she could score with anyone! Her attitude seemed to hold her back sometimes!

neafan0653

I saw hoxie play BIC this summer and hoxie did not impress. They could not score the ball enough and their defense could not get stops. Maybe it was because they were playing a BIC team that looked very good but it might be a long season for the Hoxie Mustangs.

pioneers

Quote from: neafan0653 on November 12, 2015, 08:30:28 pm
I saw hoxie play BIC this summer and hoxie did not impress. They could not score the ball enough and their defense could not get stops. Maybe it was because they were playing a BIC team that looked very good but it might be a long season for the Hoxie Mustangs.
Girls or boys?

neafan0653

Boys.BIC girls are not good at all this year from what I've seen/heard

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 26, 2015, 08:51:57 am
Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2015, 10:16:56 am
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 25, 2015, 10:59:49 pm
Has anyone found any info on if vornes left to go to epc?
Yep she left and probably will have too sit out this season her jr year which is not good for her college stock imo...

Hard to figure out why an athlete would change schools without doing what's necessary to become eligible.
Vornes played in the EPC 59 - 46 win over Manila tonight

HowlKing1721

Corning Sr. Girls best Rector by 10 or so tonight.

pioneers

Hoxies jr high teams the past couple years have been pretty bad. I wouldn't expect them to be very good anytime soon.

RedWolf275

Vornes is a big move in for EPC and an equally huge loss for Rivercrest. She has the ability to be dominant inside.

HowlKing1721

Sr. Boys:
Piggott 55
Marmaduke 70

HowlKing1721

Sr. Girls:
Rivercrest 62
Earle 58

BoxNOne

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 12, 2015, 10:21:14 pm
Vornes is a big move in for EPC and an equally huge loss for Rivercrest. She has the ability to be dominant inside.

According to the Jonesboro Sun Vornes has 13 points and 16 rebounds for the lady warriors against Manila.

501Arkansas

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 08, 2015, 09:06:12 pm
Is the Fletcher girl still at Osceola?
No she moved to Georgia with her father chico fletcher

ISU7

November 13, 2015, 02:41:43 pm #70 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:35:16 am by ISU7
Quote from: MikelB on November 12, 2015, 09:49:55 pm
Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 26, 2015, 08:51:57 am
Quote from: ISU7 on September 21, 2015, 10:16:56 am
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 25, 2015, 10:59:49 pm
Has anyone found any info on if vornes left to go to epc?
Yep she left and probably will have too sit out this season her jr year which is not good for her college stock imo...

Hard to figure out why an athlete would change schools without doing what's necessary to become eligible.
Vornes played in the EPC 59 - 46 win over Manila tonight
:o Good win for the  Lady Warriors..

Paperman

Vornes worst enemy is her advisors! Good player, not great! She is not aggressive enough without the ball and plays average defense! She will not thrive at EPC the way she would have at Rivercrest!

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on November 13, 2015, 11:29:06 pm
Vornes worst enemy is her advisors! Good player, not great! She is not aggressive enough without the ball and plays average defense! She will not thrive at EPC the way she would have at Rivercrest!

19 Rebs is real aggressive without the ball.  She is not an average defender.  I wish she was still at RC so I can watch her, but she will be fine no matter what school she is playing for because of her will and love for the game.

luxora4life

You are correct about her not been great, but that is the case for every high school player in the world. 

Oldref

Was told tonight Manila Girls have  now cancelled a scheduled game at Manila this week against Bay. What is up with that? Hate to see games already scheduled get cancelled.....too late to add someone for that date now. 

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe Brookland girls only play on Tuesday next week, might get a game with them

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on November 14, 2015, 08:30:40 am

19 Rebs is real aggressive without the ball.  She is not an average defender.  I wish she was still at RC so I can watch her, but she will be fine no matter what school she is playing for because of her will and love for the game.
exactly.  8)

pioneers

Quote from: Oldref on November 14, 2015, 07:08:24 pm
Was told tonight Manila Girls have  now cancelled a scheduled game at Manila this week against Bay. What is up with that? Hate to see games already scheduled get cancelled.....too late to add someone for that date now.
Heal Lion said in another thread that Thursday is the fall athletic banquet so that's why they had to cancel.

Paperman

Quote from: ISU7 on November 15, 2015, 07:33:23 am

exactly.  8)

In games where she played against players her height or taller she faired poorly most of the time! Her off ball defense was not that good! She got a lot of rebounds simply because of her height Advantage! I also wish she had stayed at Rivercrest where I think she would hAve had a huge year! she will not face the same type of competition at EPC! I really don't think the move will help her in the long run! I hope she does well, but I am skeptical!

Missco

Competition is the same in 2A as 3A. One could easily argue that it's better most years.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Missco on November 15, 2015, 09:29:57 pm
Competition is the same in 2A as 3A. One could easily argue that it's better most years.

This is definetly true in this area from what I have seen.

pioneers

Quote from: Missco on November 15, 2015, 09:29:57 pm
Boys or girls?

Missco

Girls but not much difference in boys either.. Basketball isn't like football. Just like 2a and 3a teams can regularly beat 4a and 5a schools. In most states class 1,2,and 3a schools would be in the same class.

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on November 15, 2015, 09:21:14 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on November 15, 2015, 07:33:23 am

exactly.  8)

In games where she played against players her height or taller she faired poorly most of the time! Her off ball defense was not that good! She got a lot of rebounds simply because of her height Advantage! I also wish she had stayed at Rivercrest where I think she would hAve had a huge year! she will not face the same type of competition at EPC! I really don't think the move will help her in the long run! I hope she does well, but I am skeptical!

It's Okay that you are skeptical, just try being a little fair and honest if your going to openly asset her game.  That statement about faired poorly against players her height or taller is almost funny.  As a 9th grade she held her own and out played girls her height in Sr. High games.  And rebounding is about effort not height.  There are a lot of tall players boys and girls that don't rebound well.  But your entitled to your opinion abut her game, just try to look past why you think or heard was the reason for her leaving Rivercrest. 

Head Lion

Last year in first round state tournament game I saw, she played lights out. We have a Black & Gold uniform for her anytime she gets ready for it. ;D ;D ;D

Oldref

Quote from: Missco on November 15, 2015, 10:20:50 pm
Girls but not much difference in boys either.. Basketball isn't like football. Just like 2a and 3a teams can regularly beat 4a and 5a schools. In most states class 1,2,and 3a schools would be in the same class.
I agree with this in Basketball for sure. Not very much difference in the best teams from 1A-3A in girls or boys. Now you get down into the bottom dwellers there is quite a bit of difference. NEA is known mostly for basketball most years. A few good FB teams over the years but lots of good basketball in all classes.

Missco

Definitely NEA is a great basketball area. Consolidation basically has taken out the southern and eastern  half of the state in class A. The AAA has really watered down state titles by having seven classes. Five is the max needed and four would be fine.

RedWolf275

Agree with this. Just look at 6A. If I'm not mistaken there aren't but sixteen in the whole state. State tourney is like a good holiday tourney.

Oldref

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 16, 2015, 12:42:10 pm
Agree with this. Just look at 6A. If I'm not mistaken there aren't but sixteen in the whole state. State tourney is like a good holiday tourney.
5A is almost that bad also regarding size ......Agree is was all about football........five classes would be about right for Basketball. Regroup the remaining schools into five classes with no classification having less than say 25-30 schools.

Silky Johnson

6A is 16 and then 7A and 4A has 12 teams in state.

Missco

Even five is a stretch but would be ok.Tn has three for basketball. Missouri has six but you have to win to advance.Also Mo has 3 timrs the number of schools.Only the winner from each district moves on. In Arkansas it is  all about the AAA making money, period. I think Class A and AA, AAA and AAAA, AAAAA and half of 6A, the rest should be the breakdown.

Oldref

Quote from: pioneers on November 15, 2015, 08:25:50 am
Quote from: Oldref on November 14, 2015, 07:08:24 pm
Heal Lion said in another thread that Thursday is the fall athletic banquet so that's why they had to cancel.
Heard today the Bay-Manila Girls game is back on for Thursday.......guess they worked it out. Not sure of the start times.

HowlKing1721

Sr. Girls:
Highland 61
Hoxie 48

Manila 57
Ridgefield Christian 37

BIC 44
Osceola 35

Sr. Boys:
Corning 82
Maynard 59

Per Jonesboro Sun Twitter Account

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 16, 2015, 11:51:49 pm
Sr. Girls:
Highland 61
Hoxie 48

Manila 57
Ridgefield Christian 37

BIC 44
Osceola 35

Sr. Boys:
Corning 82
Maynard 59

I thought the Hoxie girls would win this game? Is Highland decent this year or did hoxie just not play to expectations with the two big freshman moved up?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 17, 2015, 07:14:57 am
Quote from: HowlKing1721 on November 16, 2015, 11:51:49 pm
Sr. Girls:
Highland 61
Hoxie 48

Manila 57
Ridgefield Christian 37

BIC 44
Osceola 35

Sr. Boys:
Corning 82
Maynard 59

I thought the Hoxie girls would win this game? Is Highland decent this year or did hoxie just not play to expectations with the two big freshman moved up?

Highland had a guard last year on the jr team that could really play, she is prolly their Sr high point guard. Very fast and can get to the basket.

RedWolf275

BIC beat Highland so Hoxie must not be very good.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 17, 2015, 11:43:52 am
BIC beat Highland so Hoxie must not be very good.
That's what i was thinking. I knew BIC beat highland and BIC will struggle this year. I just thought the big freshman that they moved up would make more of an impact on the high school team than that. I watched them play corning this summer and they beat corning. I know corning is down this year but I'd still have corning possibly picked to win that conference, depending on how rivercrest does without the post player.

HowlKing1721

Sr. Girls:
Piggott 55
Rector 35

HowlKing1721

Sr. Girls:
Corning 61
Maynard 46

neafan0653

Hoxie girls demolished the BIC girls this summer though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas