• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am i correct in the order JC folks.

Started by bearbacker52, July 26, 2016, 12:42:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

1. Kevin Payne, 2 Godfrey 3. Mckinnon 4. Turner 5. Dancy. is this the order of the best players in recent history at JC.

baseball13

YOU ARE FORGETTING ABOUT BYRON JONES.

WHITEchicken

Coltfan2005

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 26, 2016, 12:42:22 pm
1. Kevin Payne, 2 Godfrey 3. Mckinnon 4. Turner 5. Dancy. is this the order of the best players in recent history at JC.

In terms of how far they went in their career id go Payne jones turner McKinnon and dancy but as for high school career dancy Godfrey jones Payne turner McKinnon

bleudog

Quote from: unbiased_fan on July 26, 2016, 01:01:14 pm
Didn't Dancy shatter the state record for ypc?

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 26, 2016, 02:20:17 pm
which record is that?

YARDS PER RUSH
Season
16.77 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2014
15.56 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2011
14.9   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1999
14.3   Sam Grayson, Junction City, 1998
13.9   Kelvin Robinson, Episcopal Collegiate, 2014
12.0   JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2012
11.6   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1997
11.4   JoVaughnWyrick, Beebe, 2014
10.79 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2010
10.66 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2013

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1415.pdf

THA TRUTH

Godfrey was faster and bigger but dancy could cut on a dime and not lose anything... It's always been close between them for the best rb to come through Jc

WHITEchicken

Tha Truth did Dancy play both ways? I think I remember him only playing offense but I don't want to say he did not play defense. I know Godfrey and Payne played both ways. Not sure how Mckinnon made this list. When I think of the best His name doesn't just pop into my head. He was good don't get me wrong.

JC Guy

Dancy played offense and returned kicks and punts. His senior year I remember him only having like 6 to 8 touches in three games. Not because he needed to protect his stats but because the teams had no answer for him.

JC Guy

Another thing to look at is what players didn't red shirt when they got to the next level. Dancy didn't red shirt because Holtz believed he had to much talent. Jones didn't red shirt either. I don't know about Payne.

THA TRUTH

Neither Payne or McKinnon red shirted... Payne broke the freshman rushing record at ulm

THA TRUTH

Quote from: JC Guy on July 26, 2016, 06:41:32 pm
Another thing to look at is what players didn't red shirt when they got to the next level. Dancy didn't red shirt because Holtz believed he had to much talent. Jones didn't red shirt either. I don't know about Payne.

I feel like not redshirting dancy wasn't the best choice since he was only really used on special teams and was the second option on kickoff... Another year could've really helped him in my opinion

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 26, 2016, 06:45:59 pm

I feel like not redshirting dancy wasn't the best choice since he was only really used on special teams and was the second option on kickoff... Another year could've really helped him in my opinion
I agree on Dancy  not red shirting but a lot of people didn't realize he played all year injured. He was here eating supper a few weeks ago and said he is finally 100%. He looks like he has put on about fifteen pounds of muscle from last year also.

bleudog

July 26, 2016, 07:36:10 pm #14 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:33:35 pm by bleudog
Quote from: unbiased_fan on July 26, 2016, 05:21:58 pm
Dancy is on that list 3 times. He's the only JC guy you guys are talking about I ever got to see in high school, but hard for me to believe anyone was better than him. He did that when the 8 typically had 3 of the top 5 or so teams in 2a.

1999 2A Quarterfinal game
U$C - 70
JC- 64

Marcus Godfey had 238 yards and three TDs on five carries and there was still two minutes left in the first quarter.

WPWells

O/U on # of JC threads started by this guy?

JC Guy

Let me guess he harassed you in PMs or downed your program? He is a fan of a program he respects so what's the big deal? Most of us from JC are very familiar with kids that have came out of that fine program he supports as well. He is passing time in the off season if I had to guess. And then again he may have just set the hook on a fish! BB52 start a Chuck thread so his feelings won't be hurt.

THA TRUTH

July 26, 2016, 09:40:51 pm #17 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:49:13 pm by THA TRUTH
U could start a thread but seriously what would there be to talk about??? Their beating the took to smackover??? Or the old Storey glory days

Lineman

Glory days?? This entire thread is about previous JC players. Who's living in the past now??

WPWells

Quote from: JC Guy on July 26, 2016, 09:33:04 pm
Let me guess he harassed you in PMs or downed your program? He is a fan of a program he respects so what's the big deal? Most of us from JC are very familiar with kids that have came out of that fine program he supports as well. He is passing time in the off season if I had to guess. And then again he may have just set the hook on a fish! BB52 start a Chuck thread so his feelings won't be hurt.

Need a tampon?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Lineman on July 26, 2016, 09:52:54 pm
Glory days?? This entire thread is about previous JC players. Who's living in the past now??

Jealousy

JC Guy

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 26, 2016, 09:56:00 pm
Need a tampon?
No I don't (kid) I was just checking on you cry baby. You know a week a go you were crying people are picking on me (like a three year old)and I thought I would show you how that happens. That would be your smart mouth flapping all the time. If you don't like the JC threads then don't open them. It's simple! If you do open them and have smart remarks then you have picked a crowd that will fire back every time.

THA TRUTH

July 26, 2016, 10:28:46 pm #22 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:30:21 pm by THA TRUTH
These Charleston people are just trying to stay relevant

Lineman

SR30

Fred just wants attention is all. He is that one fan that has to sit by himself because nobody likes him

bearbacker52

bearbacker52

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 26, 2016, 08:31:00 pm
O/U on # of JC threads started by this guy?

In my football mind, i am just thinking jc gonna rolla through the three A, like a panty hose on hillary...Lots of friends in the coaching staff, and family members in my reserve unit..The bears have a mutual respect for the dragons. Not all of those games was lopsided. We have beat jc more than any other team in the last ten years..So where you from kingsland?

bearbacker52

Quote from: JC Guy on July 26, 2016, 10:20:36 pm
No I don't (kid) I was just checking on you cry baby. You know a week a go you were crying people are picking on me (like a three year old)and I thought I would show you how that happens. That would be your smart mouth flapping all the time. If you don't like the JC threads then don't open them. It's simple! If you do open them and have smart remarks then you have picked a crowd that will fire back every time.
i think this guy would push people over sittin in wheelchairs,, so nerve to open a jc topic then comment, darn

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 27, 2016, 04:19:28 pm
In my football mind, i am just thinking jc gonna rolla through the three A, like a panty hose on hillary...Lots of friends in the coaching staff, and family members in my reserve unit..The bears have a mutual respect for the dragons. Not all of those games was lopsided. We have beat jc more than any other team in the last ten years..So where you from kingsland?

I'm just saying... You are putting a target on these kids that they have never had before.. What does "rolla" mean? Also....He's from Charleston.

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 27, 2016, 05:16:49 pm
Never had before???

In 3a... To "win it all" and "roll through" 3A. I guess you're not intelligent to understand that statement...

THA TRUTH

bearbacker52

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 27, 2016, 05:25:38 pm
3a is not different from 2a to Jc
not much, but according to some of the posters on here its like 3a is 10a

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bleudog on July 26, 2016, 04:50:52 pm
YARDS PER RUSH
Season
16.77 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2014
15.56 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2011
14.9   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1999
14.3   Sam Grayson, Junction City, 1998
13.9   Kelvin Robinson, Episcopal Collegiate, 2014
12.0   JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2012
11.6   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1997
11.4   JoVaughnWyrick, Beebe, 2014
10.79 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2010
10.66 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2013

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1415.pdf

Very impressive. Can't wait until the update it to include last season.

WHITEchicken

Payne and Godfrey both played both ways. The performance that Godfrey put on the night the lights went out in Junction was out of this world. With them SC sending the WR he was covering on a go all night to tire him he still killed SC. I think he scored the first 3 times he touched the ball on long runs. Payne and Godfrey also had a lot of other running backs to go with them. I would leave them 1, 2.

bearbacker52

Quote from: SR30 on July 27, 2016, 07:27:04 am
Fred just wants attention is all. He is that one fan that has to sit by himself because nobody likes him

it might be because of the brown stuff he rubs in his hair

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WHITEchicken on July 28, 2016, 08:54:51 pm
Payne and Godfrey both played both ways. The performance that Godfrey put on the night the lights went out in Junction was out of this world. With them SC sending the WR he was covering on a go all night to tire him he still killed SC. I think he scored the first 3 times he touched the ball on long runs. Payne and Godfrey also had a lot of other running backs to go with them. I would leave them 1, 2.

Kp shouldered the load his senior year after Lorenzo got injured early in the year but KP had a huge game against Carlisle that year and in the Shiloh game first 5 carries Godfrey had 209 for 3 tds it was crazy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas