• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can jc run the table

Started by bearbacker52, July 15, 2016, 10:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

with that being said, what are the chances of jcs first year in the new division being an undefeated season.. I know other teams have went up and competed, like rison charleston, but this is a mecca..Unlike any of the previous classrisers...Hey not a jc fan but i do recognize great teams, and wish them lots of luck in the new world.

SR30

They will compete because it's JC and that's what they do. As far as running the table don't see that happening. Very hard to do in 3A

JC Guy

JC has a few holes to fill. They should be very salty but I don't know that they can run the table. The only gage we have is last years game with the Bucks. That game JC maybe hade 5 seniors playing and they didn't all play both ways. Some of the seniors they lost started three years and are very talented players so they will be hard to replace. With that said it is Junction and its next man up.

THA TRUTH

Offensive weapons are there to be explosive just have to be able to get it to them and defense should be good but losing mcclelland and freeman is gonna hurt... Freeman going down is what cost Jc the game against Rison

adaptedtigerfan

JC Guy

THA TRUTH

It's always fun proving people wrong... This team could very well win state honestly

SR30

That's a tall order..so many loaded 3A teams..prescott, smackover, Charleston, Glen Rose.. not to mention defending champion Harding Academy along with Rivercrest..3A ball is a lot different from 2A..

THA TRUTH

Number of quality teams doesn't change how good this Jc team could be... Jc very well could have the best player in 3a

SR30

Having the best 3A player doesn't mean you can beat the bet 3A team

THA TRUTH

It helps when ur already a top program

JC Guy

Keys to JC being ultra successful this season 1 - Sound line play ( Center was a three year starter but his back up for two years is a senior this year) and JC has a lot of under class men with size and talent 2 - QB play - Joe ( very smart, athletic enough and can spin it ) would be the early favorite but if he gets beaten out at QB we will be fine I assure you 3 - WS backer ( a number of kids fit the mold ) 4 - 9 tech (again a number of kids fit the mold). D line over all should be pretty good and the back end will be very good. Skill players will not be a problem. I keep seeing everyone putting the Bucks in front of the Dragons and I don't understand that when you look at what they lost vs JC. On paper with what they lost and us returning all we are returning my money would be on JC.

THA TRUTH

Smackover haa two players that will make that team go but their Oline is what will hold them back

adaptedtigerfan

My bad JC....   I just rest the 1st sentence of the thread and replied.......    "What are the chances?".......   Not good

THA TRUTH

Only 3 other teams have a shot so chances are good if u want to be honest

SR30

Please enlighten us on who the 3 other teams would be.

BigLion10

THA TRUTH

Harding prescott or glen rose...neither smackover Charleston or rivercrest can beat Jc

SR30

Thanks for the props big lion. I'm sure that comment is out of hatred

BigLion10

Naw just messing with ya man y'all did beat us my sophomore year though in 08 yalls championship team

SR30

Oh ok..it was actually 07 but I know what u mean..this team has the making to be better than that one I beleive..just need a few key players to really turn it on..

bearbacker52

Quote from: JC Guy on July 16, 2016, 01:37:14 pm
Keys to JC being ultra successful this season 1 - Sound line play ( Center was a three year starter but his back up for two years is a senior this year) and JC has a lot of under class men with size and talent 2 - QB play - Joe ( very smart, athletic enough and can spin it ) would be the early favorite but if he gets beaten out at QB we will be fine I assure you 3 - WS backer ( a number of kids fit the mold ) 4 - 9 tech (again a number of kids fit the mold). D line over all should be pretty good and the back end will be very good. Skill players will not be a problem. I keep seeing everyone putting the Bucks in front of the Dragons and I don't understand that when you look at what they lost vs JC. On paper with what they lost and us returning all we are returning my money would be on JC.

Maybe my question should have been can jc win it all in its first year. Thanks for the breakdown, will keep up with you guys and root for yall when yall not playing us. but good luck.

THA TRUTH

Longfellow

They could win state, but I don't think running the table is gonna happen

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2016, 11:30:35 am
Maybe my question should have been can jc win it all in its first year. Thanks for the breakdown, will keep up with you guys and root for yall when yall not playing us. but good luck.
sure they can. like any team they will need some good luck.

WPWells

No reason why they couldn't. I don't think they will, though. I think that in either the quarters or the semis they'll find themselves in a four-quarter game (something they haven't had many of the past several years in their domination of 2A) and will lose a close one.

WorkOrder

Not a chance. They won't even win their conference. Could end up going to playoffs as a 3 seed. That being said they could go as the one seed. Just don't see them winning state especially not going undefeated. They have a rude awakening coming in my opinion. This isn't 2A ball. You will have a tough opponent most Friday night unlike it was in 2A where everyone was scared to play y'all.

THA TRUTH

2a isn't much worse than 3a... Instead of 4 good teams u have 6 and that's only cause Jc moved up

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 19, 2016, 02:19:48 pm
2a isn't much worse than 3a... Instead of 4 good teams u have 6 and that's only cause Jc moved up
you guys sure have shut the smorphlet bunch down. normally this time of year we would have this many buckaroo threads.

THA TRUTH

They realize last year was their best chance of beating Jc

amehr36

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 19, 2016, 02:19:48 pm

This... why in the world everyone thinks 3A is Soooooo much better than 2A, I'll never know. It wasn't that long ago JC beat the 3A state champion. Not to sound redundant but JC isn't any other team moving up from 2A. They are Junction City. Winners of 6 state championships in 13 years. 3A may be 2 games harder in a season at best. I don't know that they'll run the table but 3A surely doesn't scare them or the fans.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on July 19, 2016, 02:49:29 pm
you guys sure have shut the smorphlet bunch down. normally this time of year we would have this many buckaroo threads.

They haven't shut anyone up. I have been working a lot and spending my free time at the gym. It was time for a life style change and I have dropped 28lbs in 3 weeks. I'm still here. Just read more than I have been posting. I'm just going to let the team speak for me.

JC Guy

Quote from: WorkOrder on July 19, 2016, 12:09:26 pm
Not a chance. They won't even win their conference. Could end up going to playoffs as a 3 seed. That being said they could go as the one seed. Just don't see them winning state especially not going undefeated. They have a rude awakening coming in my opinion. This isn't 2A ball. You will have a tough opponent most Friday night unlike it was in 2A where everyone was scared to play y'all.
Who do you predict to win the confrence?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 19, 2016, 03:53:06 pm
They haven't shut anyone up. I have been working a lot and spending my free time at the gym. It was time for a life style change and I have dropped 28lbs in 3 weeks. I'm still here. Just read more than I have been posting. I'm just going to let the team speak for me.

Finally took my advice about this place

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 19, 2016, 05:21:38 pm
Finally took my advice about this place

Just patiently waiting.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 16, 2016, 07:13:55 pm
Harding prescott or glen rose...neither smackover Charleston or rivercrest can beat Jc

Do you even have an idea about what Rivercrest will have this year? Other than what you have read on hooten's or online?

ISU7

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 16, 2016, 07:13:55 pm
I heard the same mess about the Crest not being able too be several teams, well we all know how that turned out. That's why you play the game.😄😎🏈

WorkOrder

Quote from: JC Guy on July 19, 2016, 05:16:02 pm
Who do you predict to win the confrence?

Smackover, Fordyce, McGehee, or JC. I said JC could be number 1 or number 4.

Ventman

Quote from: SR30 on July 16, 2016, 10:45:40 am
That's a tall order..so many loaded 3A teams..prescott, smackover, Charleston, Glen Rose.. not to mention defending champion Harding Academy along with Rivercrest..3A ball is a lot different from 2A..
how is it so different?

Longfellow

Quote from: Ventman on July 20, 2016, 09:19:40 am
how is it so different?
Isn't it obvious? All the teams have three A's by their names instead of two. Step your game up dude

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Longfellow on July 20, 2016, 09:25:14 am
Isn't it obvious? All the teams have three A's by their names instead of two. Step your game up dude
I thought everyone knew.

Ventman

Quote from: Longfellow on July 20, 2016, 09:25:14 am
Oh your right fella. That's about it, There have been many 2A teams put beat downs on 3A teams. I think JC will more than hold their own in the big class of 3A ball.

JC Guy

Quote from: WorkOrder on July 20, 2016, 08:16:15 am
Smackover, Fordyce, McGehee, or JC. I said JC could be number 1 or number 4.
Since you won't to talk hard to someone you also said not a chance of us winning it all and JC won't even win its on conference! I asked you a legit question on a site that was designed to talk football on but you keep on double talking and remember some folks can read. People want to talk smack about our guys that post on here being over the top ^ this could be why.

THA TRUTH

These guys have no idea what's coming

HorseFeathers

more teams throw the ball in 3a.....that's the main difference I've seen the last few years...

amehr36

I still feel like people will have to adjust for Junction. Not the other way around. Meaning, other than when playing maybe 2 or 3 teams junction won't change up anything they do. Others will to try to stay competitive but it won't matter.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: amehr36 on July 20, 2016, 08:26:43 pm
I still feel like people will have to adjust for Junction. Not the other way around. Meaning, other than when playing maybe 2 or 3 teams junction won't change up anything they do. Others will to try to stay competitive but it won't matter.

run run hail mary? and give up tons of yards to a private school in the playoffs?

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 20, 2016, 08:34:43 pm
run run hail mary? and give up tons of yards to a private school in the playoffs?
Don't get it twisted they did give up a ton to CC but only five seniors played real minutes in that game and those baby dragons are a year older now. Mark it down the secondary will be a strength of this team.

bearbacker52

Quote from: JC Guy on July 20, 2016, 09:25:27 pm
Don't get it twisted they did give up a ton to CC but only five seniors played real minutes in that game and those baby dragons are a year older now. Mark it down the secondary will be a strength of this team.
i dont get that part run run hail mary part did i miss something?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas