• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola Turf and Track Upgrade

Started by Radiotalker, June 28, 2016, 08:43:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiotalker

Osceola passes millage to install synthetic turf and upgrade the 8 lane track

also to build new basketball arena

AirWarren

That's awesome. Be sure to keep us updated with pictures.

biglion1985

About time they gonna upgrade the basketball arena

Paperman

Quote from: biglion1985 on June 29, 2016, 02:20:04 am
About time they gonna upgrade the basketball arena
Agreed. It should be among the nicest in the state in 3A once it is completed. Scheduled to be finished before the 2017-18 basketball season tips off. Construction should begin sometime this fall (2016).

WPWells

I just hope they don't send us out there for the tournament!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 10, 2016, 08:43:38 pm
I just hope they don't send us out there for the tournament!

looks like 2018 Will be in Osceola if they want it haha

neaguru

How is the turf coming along? Are they still thinking they will play their first home game on it.

birddawg1986

I was told on Sunday that they were still going to play the first two weeks away at Blytheville & Gosnell, then open up week 3 at home vs Pocahontas.

Paperman

If no more rain sets in like last week, the field should be ready in time for the Sept. 16 home opener against Pocahontas!

Paperman

On cue the heavens opened Friday afternoon! Rain 1, osceola 0!

Paperman

Update! New lighting has been installed! Lights were on when I got home last night from Blytheville! Big improvement! Process of layering the field still ongoing, but is nearing completion! New turf is scheduled to be installed Sept. 6, or process to being then! It is very impressive to watch! Will update again next week!

AirWarren

ISU7

Paperman

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on September 05, 2016, 12:55:04 pm
I will post some pics this week!
I went by there last night when I got off work. That's gonna be one clean field. They have the turf down but not the numbers, yard lines, numbers, logos etc. The field alternates between light green and dark green turf. The End zones are purple trim with white and ole gold.Very nice field with new track and new stadium lights. Awesome job Osceola. 

Paperman

Taking pics when it gets light enough this morning! Will post at lunch time! Happy Friday football fans! It's about time to be "Fearless!"

bigchief72455

Quote from: Paperman on September 09, 2016, 05:21:08 am
Taking pics when it gets light enough this morning! Will post at lunch time! Happy Friday football fans! It's about time to be "Fearless!"
Think they will have it all done by next Friday?

Paperman

They will finish covering the gravel today. Begin working on the cutouts (Numbers, hash marks, other pertinent decorations for the end zones tomorrow (Saturday). Supposed to come and aim the llghts Tuesday, should be ready for the Pokey game. Pics will be loaded in a few minutes.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Paperman on September 09, 2016, 12:09:38 pm
They will finish covering the gravel today. Begin working on the cutouts (Numbers, hash marks, other pertinent decorations for the end zones tomorrow (Saturday). Supposed to come and aim the llghts Tuesday, should be ready for the Pokey game. Pics will be loaded in a few minutes.
I knew you guys would be cutting close. Guess the weather has helped out.

Paperman

I can't get my pictures to load. I will figure out what my dumba_s is doing wrong and get them on here as soon as I can.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Paperman on September 09, 2016, 01:14:17 pm
I can't get my pictures to load. I will figure out what my dumba_s is doing wrong and get them on here as soon as I can.

Email them to me, Paperman and I will post them for you.

Paperman

I will this afternoon brother! I am sure it is just my limited knowledge getting in the way!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas