• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is gonna be the top conference in 2016

Started by biglion1985, June 13, 2016, 10:01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

CURLEYWOLF24

3A-5- Prescott, Glen Rose, and Centerpoint should all make deep runs this year.  Haskell HG could make some noise this year too.

adaptedtigerfan

beach bum

4-3A... Charleston wins state and Lamar gets to the semifinals or finals. Straight up 4-3A dominance is about to take place. Junction City will find out what it is like to play real competition and the wheels will fall off the Smackover offense when postseason comes. Prescott will hang 60 on everyone in the regular season but won't be able to handle the physicality of Charleston or Lamar. Same goes for Glen Rose... I just made lots of 3A friends  :)

beach bum

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on June 14, 2016, 04:14:58 am
3A-5- Prescott, Glen Rose, and Centerpoint should all make deep runs this year.  Haskell HG could make some noise this year too.

Spoken like a true homer with blinders on....

jazdill

Quote from: beach bum on June 16, 2016, 01:11:20 pm
4-3A... Charleston wins state and Lamar gets to the semifinals or finals. Straight up 4-3A dominance is about to take place. Junction City will find out what it is like to play real competition and the wheels will fall off the Smackover offense when postseason comes. Prescott will hang 60 on everyone in the regular season but won't be able to handle the physicality of Charleston or Lamar. Same goes for Glen Rose... I just made lots of 3A friends  :)

I believe I would include Paris in the 4-3a talk

Hornet4ever

This looks pretty good lol.

beach bum

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott put a whopping on Lamar in the Playoffs last year and time will tell what happens this year. You accuse people of being a homer and your as much of one as anyone you hypocrite! 😂👎👇🏻👊🏻

beach bum

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on June 16, 2016, 05:48:29 pm
Prescott put a whopping on Lamar in the Playoffs last year and time will tell what happens this year. You accuse people of being a homer and your as much of one as anyone you hypocrite! 😂👎👇🏻👊🏻

I do not follow a team in 3A... that would be 4A. I picked my team to get 3rd in their conference before the 2015 season and did not even have them in the top 10, and they ended up state runner up. That would be the opposite of a homer! You beat Lamar because their best player was hurt. You would have lost by 2 TD's otherwise.]

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on June 16, 2016, 06:25:30 pm
I do not follow a team in 3A... that would be 4A. I picked my team to get 3rd in their conference before the 2015 season and did not even have them in the top 10, and they ended up state runner up. That would be the opposite of a homer! You beat Lamar because their best player was hurt. You would have lost by 2 TD's otherwise.]

And they STILL choked 😂

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 07:10:00 pm
And they STILL choked 😂
You crack me up when you say you're not a Prescott hater and we're literally all you talk about lol seems kinda embarrassing to me that we're all you think about day and night.  I figured you'd say something about Storey's years and how y'all would kill us, yeah we lost to the State Champions in a close battle that we had won. So just stop with the hate.

Carljung

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 07:10:00 pm
And they STILL choked 😂
Preach on brother Fred

1 John 4:20- If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

WPWells

Y'all are hilarious and a little creepy.

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 10:21:21 pm
Y'all are hilarious and a little creepy.
Speaking of Lamar, how'd that go for y'all as well

WPWells

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on June 16, 2016, 10:28:59 pm
Speaking of Lamar, how'd that go for y'all as well

We lost for the first time in program history to a Lamar team that still had a healthy Davenport. Is that the best you've got?

RowdyReputation40

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 10:41:37 pm
We lost for the first time in program history to a Lamar team that still had a healthy Davenport. Is that the best you've got?
I could go on but really I'm just gonna let my team talk for this year, I'm
already tired of arguing with you. And don't try to tell me that Davenport would have changed a 53-28 outcome

State champs 2010

Don't forget about the 3-3a! With Newport, rivercrest, hoxie, and Osceola! Should be a good year for the 3-3a!

WPWells

Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on June 16, 2016, 10:46:01 pm
I could go on but really I'm just gonna let my team talk for this year, I'm
already tired of arguing with you. And don't try to tell me that Davenport would have changed a 53-28 outcome

Except that he would have, and if you don't see how then you don't understand football

RTF

Dumb thread... Yall need to get over this "my team is better than your team" 12 year old mentality.

RowdyReputation40

June 17, 2016, 11:00:03 am #20 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:02:13 am by RowdyReputation40
Quote from: Fred Bird on June 17, 2016, 08:56:40 am
Except that he would have, and if you don't see how then you don't understand football
Coming from a guy who's probably never played

RowdyReputation40

Back to topic it really has to be between the 4 and 5.  I got half of the Top 10 coming from these two.

Head Lion

Quote from: State champs 2010 on June 17, 2016, 07:33:50 am
Don't forget about the 3-3a! With Newport, rivercrest, hoxie, and Osceola! Should be a good year for the 3-3a!
Don't overlook my Lions, 15 returning starters from team that beat last years eventual runnerup.

beach bum

June 17, 2016, 02:50:25 pm #23 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:00:44 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RowdyReputation40 on June 17, 2016, 11:00:03 am
Coming from a guy who's probably never played

That is not a valid argument.... most coaches in the pros are people that were very average players at the pro level. By your theory behind your argument Michael Jordan, Kareem, Magic Johnson, etc. should be the coaches for NBA teams. Or having Dan Marino & Jon Elway be the coaches in the NFL. It is also like saying because you didn't grow up in Spanish speaking country you can NEVER learn Spanish. How are there people that fluently speak multiple languages? You do know people can learn NEW things over time right?

State champs 2010

Quote from: Head Lion on June 17, 2016, 02:00:40 pm
Don't overlook my Lions, 15 returning starters from team that beat last years eventual runnerup.
with Newport in the mix now. That's gunna take another playoff spot. I do agree manlia is getting more solid every year! But it's gunna take everything manlia has to see a playoff game this year!

Lineman

Manila will see a playoff game this year. They'll have to pay at the gate like all the other visitors.

Head Lion

Quote from: Lineman on June 17, 2016, 08:23:00 pm
Manila will see a playoff game this year. They'll have to pay at the gate like all the other visitors.
Not me, I got a pass!✌🏿️

Coltfan2005

Quote from: State champs 2010 on June 17, 2016, 03:54:55 pm
with Newport in the mix now. That's gunna take another playoff spot. I do agree manlia is getting more solid every year! But it's gunna take everything manlia has to see a playoff game this year!

Newport will have to improve greatly over last year or they will be lucky to get the 5th seed. I think they lose 3 out of their first 4 games, win three, then lose out. I see Manila placing above them in the playoff hunt.

biglion1985

Coltfan2005 I sure hope you are right and best of luck to everyone this upcoming season

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 19, 2016, 09:39:59 pm
Newport will have to improve greatly over last year or they will be lucky to get the 5th seed. I think they lose 3 out of their first 4 games, win three, then lose out. I see Manila placing above them in the playoff hunt.
Newport will be much improved and might even win the conference. Yes they had a bad year but also had too many distractions last season. You have to keep in mind that Newport won several titles and runner ups in the tough 2-4A. Only teams I can see giving them trouble is Rivercrest and Osceola and maybe Hoxie.

Coltfan2005

Since the 2001 season (that's 15 seasons) Newport has had 8 seasons with losing records. Since 2010 they have had 1 really good season and one good season...and it looks like the kids who gave them those two seasons left in 2014. I hope they are improved but they will not win conference. As far as the 2-4A as it is now, Newport only won two conference titles (2007,2014). Newport has the athletes to have a good team, but they won't be fighting for the 3-3A conf title in 2016.

WPWells

HorseFeathers

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 25, 2016, 08:58:23 pm
Since the 2001 season (that's 15 seasons) Newport has had 8 seasons with losing records. Since 2010 they have had 1 really good season and one good season...and it looks like the kids who gave them those two seasons left in 2014. I hope they are improved but they will not win conference. As far as the 2-4A as it is now, Newport only won two conference titles (2007,2014). Newport has the athletes to have a good team, but they won't be fighting for the 3-3A conf title in 2016.
Yes they won 2 conference titles in 2007 and 2014 in 2-4A and don't forget they won conference their first year dropping down in 2002. I agree with them having losing records for the 8 seasons you mentioned. I'm not saying they are going to run over every team like they did in conference play in 2002 after dropping down but I wouldn't overlook them, they still have athletes.

Coltfan2005

I was mostly looking at titles in 2-4A as you mentioned them winning several. I did already mention that Newport has the athletes, but it does take more than that.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: jazdill on June 16, 2016, 01:21:35 pm

I believe I would include Paris in the 4-3a talk

I'm not falling for the Paris Preseason Hype. I've been hearing about it for 10+ years and it has yet to materialize. Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year, but I'd bet the farm they don't.

Jimbo Morphis

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 26, 2016, 09:26:36 pm
I was mostly looking at titles in 2-4A as you mentioned them winning several. I did already mention that Newport has the athletes, but it does take more than that.
Agreed and coaching as well. I've only been to 2 games in the past 2 seasons. In 2014 when they played Nettleton 1st game of the season under former coach Harrison and last season when they played against SS Batesville and I follow more SS Batesville games because I have family that go there so I'll still be watching quite a few games in the 2-4A when they play at Southside and keep up with the Hounds as well. Tuckerman is actually my alma mater and wish they would get a football program rolling up there but grew up watching the Hounds in the 90's and a lot of them that played during that time I ran around with. Good talking with you and good luck to the Colts this season!

MICHAELSPAPPY

When this question is asked, it makes a difference if we are talking about the top tier of the conference or also the bottom feeders. 4-3A will be very good at the top. Bottom maybe not so much.

WPWells

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on July 03, 2016, 02:35:53 pm
When this question is asked, it makes a difference if we are talking about the top tier of the conference or also the bottom feeders. 4-3A will be very good at the top. Bottom maybe not so much.

Is there a conference this doesn't describe (besides the 3 who won't even be good at the top)?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 03, 2016, 04:41:33 pm
Is there a conference this doesn't describe (besides the 3 who won't even be good at the top)?

true, but the bottom teams in some conferences could beat the middle teams in other conferences....if your arguing conference strength, you have to take into account how good The glen roses, chsrlestons, prescotts, and smackovers of the world are, but can't frget the two rivers, Genoa centrals, and rose buds of the world too...

SR30

Ok I just decided to catch up on FF..did I really read that beach bum said Glen Rose could not stand up to physical football?? Have you lost your mind?? Glen Rose is by far one of the most physical teams in 3A..not saying this as a supporter but as a person who has heard players from other teams comment...smh and some comments people post

THA TRUTH

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 03, 2016, 06:48:37 pm
true, but the bottom teams in some conferences could beat the middle teams in other conferences....if your arguing conference strength, you have to take into account how good The glen roses, chsrlestons, prescotts, and smackovers of the world are, but can't frget the two rivers, Genoa centrals, and rose buds of the world too...

Replace smackover with Jc and it sounds better

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas