• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mansfield

Started by MondayMorningQB, June 12, 2016, 06:16:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MondayMorningQB

Where did their coach go? I hear that job just came open.

coachsearch

Volleyball/Basketball is open but haven't heard football

Okieback

Heard same thing, football

jking7

jking7

Quote from: jking7 on June 15, 2016, 07:56:55 am
I saw this post a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/kevin_timesrec/status/743052566045569024

not sure if this tweet was incorrect or whatever but for some  reason a few hours after I posted it the person who tweeted the information deleted the tweet. so sorry about the post if it was incorrect.

Okieback

Hornet4ever

Wonder if Mansfield will ever get back on track.

WPWells

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 16, 2016, 01:38:10 pm
Wonder if Mansfield will ever get back on track.

Mansfield's on the road to success?

Jack1990

Can't be ... We all know Waldron's on the road to success.

beach bum

If everything really is going on I hate to see that and it is kind of puzzling. Mansfield was pretty solid for a 4 year run and even the last few years they may not have been a really good team but at least you couldn't pencil them in as a mercy rule win if you were a top dog. I hear they have very low numbers and that makes me believe the coach left for a reason because he knew what was coming this season. If Waldron can snag a win against them week one, by looking at Mansfield's schedule they will start 0-5 because they have Greenland, Lincoln, Lamar, and Paris the next 4 weeks if I looked correctly. After that they may be pretty beaten up even before they get to some of their winnable games on the schedule which could hurt them.

Okieback

So did this really open or not?

beach bum

Quote from: Okieback on June 20, 2016, 04:10:18 pm
So did this really open or not?

From what I heard, yes!

Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Yes, they have posted the job on their website. The former head coach left to be a teacher and strength coach (I believe) at Northside. They also have a volleyball job that is open. Anyone have any idea what direction they are going with the football position? Will they promote within and hire an assistant?

coachsearch

Board meeting last night to name the new coach, but not sure who it was

beach bum

Quote from: coachsearch on June 21, 2016, 12:36:37 pm
Board meeting last night to name the new coach, but not sure who it was

If things moved that quickly which they almost had to at this point you can almost assure that an assistant was promoted from within.

Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Hired a guy named Brandon Barberee, I believe.

BigLion10

Was my coach in high school good guy

WPWells

He spent a year as an assistant in Charleston

JohnBarleycorn

Coach Barbaree has not accepted the position at Mansfield.

Fatfullback

Quote from: Col. Nathan R. Jessup on June 21, 2016, 11:41:32 am
Yes, they have posted the job on their website. The former head coach left to be a teacher and strength coach (I believe) at Northside. They also have a volleyball job that is open. Anyone have any idea what direction they are going with the football position? Will they promote within and hire an assistant?
I knew he went to teach math but this is the first I heard about being the strength coach. He was not going to be coaching any so he could spend more time with his family.

coachsearch

Do they have a coach...yes or no?

Col. Nathan R. Jessup

They no longer have either job (volleyball or head football coach) posted on their school website, so that means they have filled those positions.

Fatfullback

Quote from: Col. Nathan R. Jessup on June 23, 2016, 10:54:41 am
They no longer have either job (volleyball or head football coach) posted on their school website, so that means they have filled those positions.
Maybe whoever it is will be coaching both football and volleyball. And teaching trigonometry.

Hornet4ever

Mansfield should be naming their coach soon. Don't remember his name, hopefully things will get better for them. Have slid off track a bit in the last couple of years.

Fatfullback

Volleyball coach hired is Savannah Colbert, a Mansfield grad who was an assistant at Van Buren I believe.

hurricane 09

Do they have a football coach yet?

whippersnapper

Craig Bentley DC from Mena. Via his Facebook.

Fatfullback

Yeah the school board is having a meeting tonight to make it official.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Great dude. Great hire for Mansfield. Best of luck to Craig and the Tigers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas