• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-5 Confrence Predictions

Started by Wheels, June 02, 2016, 09:10:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljung

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 18, 2016, 10:34:02 pm
Are you just too stupid to understand my posts?
I thought you didn't personally attack people? Sad Fred

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 18, 2016, 10:34:02 pm
Are you just too stupid to understand my posts?
having a bad night young man?

WPWells

Quote from: Oldman on July 14, 2016, 08:58:55 am
having a bad night young man?

This was from over a month ago

Quote from: Carljung on July 14, 2016, 08:17:46 am
I thought you didn't personally attack people? Sad Fred

Please stop harassing me

SR30

Wow this thread derailed for sure. Prescott will be tough as always, CP has done nothing but improve the last few years..HG under new leadership will be a contender as well... as for GR they will be tough to beat with all the upperclassmen and some solid sophomores playing. It will be a very competitive year.

Skip

Went to team camp today and watched Prescott, Spring Hill,Ashdown, Lafayette County. Seen a lot of talented kids out there some with D1 potential. Prescott looked good for July, offence was sharp and D was flying to the ball.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 10, 2016, 06:28:55 pm
coming from the guy who got 77 hung on em week 1 from a mediocre Shiloh team lol yea we reload which is why we are in the Quarters, Semis, or Finals nearly every year. Yea you can throw around the choke jokes. But we are always going to be in the hunt and sooner or later are going to accidently win one. Least we have 4 to build on at anytime. Plenty of really good football programs have never won one. 1995 was our last title to answer your question.

you might want to strike "finals" from that statement.

Coltfan2005

Is everyone one from prescott pretending to be dense or are you really. The man's point is that you can not predict a team's season or pin their recent success (or lack of) on events that transpired 20 years ago. It's simple logic.

Carljung

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 14, 2016, 08:45:29 pm
Is everyone one from prescott pretending to be dense or are you really. The man's point is that you can not predict a team's season or pin their recent success (or lack of) on events that transpired 20 years ago. It's simple logic.
They are 2-0 against y'all in "recent" years...

Coltfan2005

Yes and in recent years the Colts have 1 state championship and 1 state runner up. How's Prescott over the last 5 years?

Wolfpack

Quote from: Skip on July 14, 2016, 07:33:59 pm
Went to team camp today and watched Prescott, Spring Hill,Ashdown, Lafayette County. Seen a lot of talented kids out there some with D1 potential. Prescott looked good for July, offence was sharp and D was flying to the ball.

Should make a  deep run this year again in my opinion. Very talented team, just need all to fall in place. 

WPWells

Quote from: Carljung on July 15, 2016, 08:11:32 am
They are 2-0 against y'all in "recent" years...

Still not the point

adaptedtigerfan

Do we really want to talk "recent" years??

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 14, 2016, 08:45:29 pm
I simply stated that Prescott was my pick to win the conference. It was stated that Prescott lost to much to win conf and simply stated we don't rebuild we just reload. Its called tradition. Teams that always compete at a high level in conference and on the State Level have that. Like it or not Prescott is in the Contender conversation allot of years and will be again this year.

mao

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on June 03, 2016, 09:15:34 am
1. Prescott
2. Centerpoint
3. Glen Rose
4. Horatio
5. Haskell Harmony Grove
6. Jessieville
7. Gurdon
8. Bismarck
I would put Centerpoint at 1, but they have to beat Prescott first
Horatio will do well if they buy into Coach Bennett's offense
Glen Rose plays Centerpoint at Rosboro where the Knights were undefeated last year (Prescott too)

Logic 101**

WPWells

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on July 16, 2016, 09:40:59 pm
I simply stated that Prescott was my pick to win the conference. It was stated that Prescott lost to much to win conf and simply stated we don't rebuild we just reload. Its called tradition. Teams that always compete at a high level in conference and on the State Level have that. Like it or not Prescott is in the Contender conversation allot of years and will be again this year.

If they're in the conversation every year, you'd think that their last championship wouldn't have been more than 20 years ago

Skip

No championship in 20 years is true but to say Prescott isn't in the mix year in and out would be false. Just because you don't win the ultimate goal of a championship doesn't mean you  weren't a good team with a successful season.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 17, 2016, 03:53:34 pm
If they're in the conversation every year, you'd think that their last championship wouldn't have been more than 20 years ago
What does winning a state championship have anything to do with being in the conversation every year. A stupid statement that doesn't make any sense.

JC Guy

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on July 17, 2016, 05:52:39 pm
What does winning a state championship have anything to do with being in the conversation every year. A stupid statement that doesn't make any sense.
I wouldn't let him push your buttons wolf fan. I have been watching this thread play out and some folks think they can say what ever and cry if someone gives it back to them.

WPWells

Quote from: JC Guy on July 17, 2016, 06:13:12 pm
I wouldn't let him push your buttons wolf fan. I have been watching this thread play out and some folks think they can say what ever and cry if someone gives it back to them.

Don't speak about things you don't know.

SR30

Man gonna pop some popcorn and get me a 50yd line seat for the rest of this thread.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on July 17, 2016, 06:13:12 pm

let him go jcguy, maybe he'll get the wolf faithful stirred up enough for coach 'jack and snoopaloop to Grace us with their presence as gain

JC Guy

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 17, 2016, 07:20:44 pm
Don't speak about things you don't know.
I will start this off by informing you that I will say what's on my mind! And further more you just proved the point of the guy you have been into it with. I didn't call you by name so pump your brakes dude. As far as me not knowing about things well I can read and I see you talk smack and get called and then cry that you are being attacked. You don't have to waste your time replying because I probably won't see it.

SR30

WPWells

Quote from: JC Guy on July 17, 2016, 09:34:57 pm
I will start this off by informing you that I will say what's on my mind! And further more you just proved the point of the guy you have been into it with. I didn't call you by name so pump your brakes dude. As far as me not knowing about things well I can read and I see you talk smack and get called and then cry that you are being attacked. You don't have to waste your time replying because I probably won't see it.

You don't know what's gone on in PMs and deleted threads

Boom

SR30

Hahahah...ole Fred can't resist getting all especially upset in his feelings...just takes a little poke and his mangina flares up..relax dude it's a discussion board not a personal vendetta

WPWells

Quote from: SR30 on July 17, 2016, 10:29:57 pm
Hahahah...ole Fred can't resist getting all especially upset in his feelings...just takes a little poke and his mangina flares up..relax dude it's a discussion board not a personal vendetta

It's all fun and games until you're getting harassed which is what one of the Prescott posters did to me.

SR30

But it's ok for you to attack anyone from GR...right???

WPWells

SR30

Don't dish it out to others if you can't clean your plate..u wanted to mouth about our Coach and team and harass us but nobody can you..

SR30

all I know is prescott will be tough to beat, always are but the Beavers are bringing a lot to the table this year..unlike some I have respect for all the schools in our conference especially the lower half..those teams usually get hammered but yet they come out every Friday night and give it their best shot, win or lose they show up to play. The competition will be stout through the first 4 teams..it's my first full year to have one play high school ball and I'm honored and proud that #74 will be starting as a sophmore..good luck to all the teams..only 46 days to kick off..and to the prescott faithful who tried to get us to transfer we appreciate the compliments but #74 is 100% Gr...

JC Guy

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 17, 2016, 10:26:01 pm
You don't know what's gone on in PMs and deleted threads

Boom
You are correct I don't know about that but I did see you smack talking GR and when SR30 jumped back you cried foul and less than 24 hours later you dogged Prescott. So sweep around your own steps and you probally wont get harassed. And BOOM really? Wow

WPWells

Okay, I'll start making threads calling you a hypocrite and saying you aren't worthy to call yourself a Christian. Then we'll talk again. Then I'll follow you around and quote all your posts and do the same thing. Then I'll have one of my buddies start posting about how "you can dish it out but can't take it"

SR30

Wait??? I thought you had already done that 32 threads ago

SR30

You can dish out whatever you want to me..I'm not scared of internet tough guys..it's just a bunch of words typed on a screen.. they can't jump out and punch you..now Glen Rose, they are gonna jump up and punch some holes this year!!! Be afraid of them

Wolfpack

I thought this was a thread about 3A-5 Conference predictions?  You guys are taking the fun out of all this, with your personal mess!. Get back to the topic at hand dang! SMH Football and competing is a great thing, and I love smash talking but some of you are turning this to a circus. STAY WITH THE TOPIC!!!

WPWells

My predictions for the 3A-5 this season:

1. Mark Kehner will show his rear 3+ times and SR30 will defend him every time.
2. Prescott will get knocked out in either the quarters or semis.
3. KOJACK won't make another appearance because everyone knows who he is now.
4. Glen Rose will win a few games, Sprit will come back and start GOMLing, and then they'll lose and he'll say they lost on purpose. They'll eventually lose in the second round.
5. (Serious prediction) Centerpoint will finish sandwiched in between Prescott and Glen Rose.

SR30

Prescott and glen rose will finish in the top 2 of the 3a-5 in no particular order, harmony grove will suprise teams with their new coach at the helm, and Centerpoint will follow up the top 4..of course any 4 of these could pull away as a front runner...I see any 4 of these teams making a deep push in the playoffs

CURLEYWOLF24

This is how I see it breaking down.

1- Centerpoint
2- Prescott
3- Glen Rose
4- Haskell HG
5- Horatio
6- Gurdon
7- Jessiville
8- Bismarck

Prescott and Junction City in the finals with Prescott winning their 5th State Championship.

SR30

Question on Centerpoint sitting atop curly.
Both prescott and GR beat Centerpoint last year. Not sure what all the curly wolves lost nor what Centerpoint returns..I do know that GR only graduated 2 maybe 3 players last year. So they are stacked with returning starters on both sides of the ball. Centerpoint did beat the JR high team but not by much. What do you see has the difference from last year to this year?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on July 19, 2016, 11:05:36 am
Both prescott and GR beat Centerpoint last year. Not sure what all the curly wolves lost nor what Centerpoint returns..I do know that GR only graduated 2 maybe 3 players last year. So they are stacked with returning starters on both sides of the ball. Centerpoint did beat the JR high team but not by much. What do you see has the difference from last year to this year?
No idea who will win but Centerpoint does have both teams at home this year.

SR30

This is true however prescott and gr always play well on the road.

WPWells

Quote from: SR30 on July 19, 2016, 11:41:13 am
This is true however prescott and gr always play well on the road.

Don't take this as sarcasm, I'm actually going to discuss now.

I'm wondering what data you have for the "always play well on the road" statement. A bunch of wins against bad teams on the road, IMO, doesn't constitute a team of road warriors. How have these two teams done on the road recently against good teams? Also, are there any road games that these two teams have lost that they shouldn't have? Both of those are better metrics than looking at their overall road record.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: SR30 on July 19, 2016, 11:05:36 am
Centerpoint returns their All-State QB and a host of other good weapons from last years team, they are the only  team in our conference who went toe to toe with the Curley Wolves last year.  Prescott must travel to Amity this year, and the Knights will be fired up for this one.  As far as Glen Rose goes, you lost your stud running back, but I understand you guys have a lot coming back, but speed kills as you seen what Prescott did last year by hanging 42 at halftime.  That's why I have you guys at #3.   

SR30

Very true on all the above and I'll be the first to admit GR laid a big ole goose egg against prescott. I also concur with the Centerpoint going toe to toe. GR will have a stable of Running backs this year so it may be done by committee. What they lack in speed they will make up in size and strength. Speed does well when you make it through the line..that's is where the strength of the Beavers this year...they have some studs who will control the line of scrimmage.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: SR30 on July 19, 2016, 12:48:08 pm
Very true on all the above and I'll be the first to admit GR laid a big ole goose egg against prescott. I also concur with the Centerpoint going toe to toe. GR will have a stable of Running backs this year so it may be done by committee. What they lack in speed they will make up in size and strength. Speed does well when you make it through the line..that's is where the strength of the Beavers this year...they have some studs who will control the line of scrimmage.
But it would not surprise me if the Curley Wolves go undefeated in conference again.  This team is also loaded! 

SR30

45 days till kickoff so I'm ready. Going to be a great year. One team everyone better watch is Harmony Grove..the new coaching staff has those boys believing in themselves and the team..

KOJACK

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 19, 2016, 07:36:44 am
My predictions for the 3A-5 this season:

1. Mark Kehner will show his rear 3+ times and SR30 will defend him every time.
2. Prescott will get knocked out in either the quarters or semis.
3. KOJACK won't make another appearance because everyone knows who he is now.
4. Glen Rose will win a few games, Sprit will come back and start GOMLing, and then they'll lose and he'll say they lost on purpose. They'll eventually lose in the second round.
5. (Serious prediction) Centerpoint will finish sandwiched in between Prescott and Glen Rose.
Shows what you know pal.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KOJACK on July 21, 2016, 09:44:18 pm
Shows what you know pal.

Batting 0-1....and it's not even august, that's not good

WPWells

Quote from: KOJACK on July 21, 2016, 09:44:18 pm
Shows what you know pal.

How's Prescott's defense looking this season? Learned to defend the pass yet?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 22, 2016, 09:53:15 pm
How's Prescott's defense looking this season? Learned to defend the pass yet?

i thought 3a-5 was like the big 12....focused on outscoring teams?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas