• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top sophomores next year

Started by Cupkake24, March 20, 2016, 11:19:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

Wow nobody is making a mockery of anything. I'm sorry if I offended you :( don't be sad

Beaver Fever

Didn't offend me but I'm sure there are several that wouldn't appreciate a comment like that, especially coming from a cop.

SR30

Who's a cop? Not me...so idk what your talking about

Beaver Fever

SR30

No joking aside I am not a cop but I did remove that just to make sure nobody was offended..as for the GR baskets we welcome you to what's sure to be another successful season of football.. look forward to hearing all the slander, rude comments, hatred and down right jealousy that is coming our way...

Beaver Fever

I like that.... Move on nothing to see here ::)

HorseFeathers

Seems to be a bit much to hate an entire town/community because of the actions of kids and a football coach....good friend of mine is a Glen rose graduate, I've been to two games there, and outside of a ref having to be told to stop jawing at a fan in the visitor stands I had no problems with anything there.....Maybe the BBQ Nachos clouded my judgement though....

SR30

People take things way to personal and want to judge how coach's run their program..fact is GR has had a winning program minus 2 years ago for the last decade. Whether you like the coaching staff or not they win

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 13, 2016, 06:43:03 pm
So does Bobby Petrino

Still bitter over that fateful motorcycle ride?

Beaver Fever

There is more than one way to win.

WPWells

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 13, 2016, 07:07:32 pm

No just pointing out that winning isn't the only part of your job and the fact that he got fired from his job is proof. I'd rather have a coach that loses every game but turns my son into a better man than one that is a pathetic individual but wins

BigLion10

I still call BS on him being in a motorcycle wreck. That man got the crap kicked out of him for messing with the guys girl the volleyball coach

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 13, 2016, 07:07:32 pm
The motor cycle ride was the real cover up HF.

JC Guy

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 13, 2016, 08:21:44 pm
I still call BS on him being in a motorcycle wreck. That man got the crap kicked out of him for messing with the guys girl the volleyball coach
+1 Bingo. Why would would that guy lose his job or how did they put it he resigned?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 13, 2016, 08:18:43 pm
No just pointing out that winning isn't the only part of your job and the fact that he got fired from his job is proof. I'd rather have a coach that loses every game but turns my son into a better man than one that is a pathetic individual but wins

Sooo...Have ya met Kehner? Have you seen what he does off of the football field(I haven't either, but as I've referenced above my one connection to the man, loved him as a coach)? Guy could be donating his salary to charity for all you know, and here you are calling him a pathetic individual.

Quote from: JC Guy on July 13, 2016, 08:30:53 pm
+1 Bingo. Why would would that guy lose his job or how did they put it he resigned?

Business Ethics...dude hired his mistress to a position on the recruiting staff over more qualified people. Long had no choice once he knew everything else...especially considering that he was already suspicious that Petrino hadn't taken enough time to consider the other 157 applicants...

adaptedtigerfan

Wow this somebody switched to the wrong track on this thread.  It is definitely derailed.   😂😂😂

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

All I need to see is how he behaves on the field to know how he behaves off of it.

SR30

Not true fred bird. I can tell you from personal experience kehner is not the same off the field as he is on. On the field he is as intense as they come. He will be the first to chew your @$$ if you screw up but he is also the first one to chest bump you and high 5 when you habe an outstanding play. Off the field he is a quiet devoted father, grandfather, husband and a friend who i have personally seen give everything he has to help a kid be successful. People complain about him yelling and cursing at kids...this was the norm when I played for David Alpe and Phil Clem..Coach Alpe would tear in to you like nobody's business..that's after one of the 2 water breaks you got the whole practice..he ran a tight ship and the results are he he put more than a dozen players in to the college and NFL ranks..he didn't do this by coddling mom n dad's little baby boy. Nobody ever complained about him that I can remember. The point is this and Idc who disagrees who calls me names or wants to bash me...football is a physical, rough, not always fair game..if you or your kids or parents can't handle some yelling and discipline then maybe you should try out for the golf team..

Longfellow

Ok. You may not have been here the last time we discussed this so I'll say it again. I played against Glen Rose twice in my career and both times I heard Kehner use extremely derogatory sexual and racial slurs towards some of my teammates. His son, who we all remember for his antics in the title game, used many of the same slurs. Those things, along with some others have ruined my opinion of the program

WPWells

There's an extreme difference between yelling and discipline and belittling and intimidation

SR30

Guess we can all agree to disagree. But the slander I see some of you put toward the kids is petty childish nonsense..to outright say your not talking about a kid because it's gr is about as childish as taking your ball and going home because you got picked last. The kids on the team didn't do anything to you so why belittle them

Longfellow

To be fair, I haven't contributed much to the football conversation since basketball season started. Also, I don't care who plays or who doesn't play for a team that's not in our conference. It's my right as an American to be petty and childish

WPWells

SR30 must not have seen the championship game two years ago where all night every player, coach, and fan made themselves to look like the north end of a southbound horse

HorseFeathers

July 14, 2016, 11:47:52 am #75 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:37:55 pm by HorseFeathers
it's weird how you'll jump on every town that has Bad apples, but get so upset when someone says anything at all about charleston people....

SR30

July 14, 2016, 12:58:09 pm #76 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:14:59 pm by SR30
Kinda like you do Fred Bird by bringing up the past and pre judging these kids who weren't even a part of that team nor where the parents. And it would be 3 years ago because these seniors where freshman at that time. Each year brings different kids and fans. For you to judge them is no different than what people are doing to our police officers for the actions of others. So you sir can kiss the south end of that north bound mule

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 13, 2016, 08:36:06 pm
Sooo...Have ya met Kehner? Have you seen what he does off of the football field(I haven't either, but as I've referenced above my one connection to the man, loved him as a coach)? Guy could be donating his salary to charity for all you know, and here you are calling him a pathetic individual.

Business Ethics...dude hired his mistress to a position on the recruiting staff over more qualified people. Long had no choice once he knew everything else...especially considering that he was already suspicious that Petrino hadn't taken enough time to consider the other 157 applicants...
Yeah coach wasn't who I was talking about. I was talking about her man thumping Bobbys head!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on July 14, 2016, 08:18:51 pm
Yeah coach wasn't who I was talking about. I was talking about her man thumping Bobbys head!

haha

MommaLion

Manila has 2 sophomores David Keys who will be a big part of the OL/DL and Layne Sims who is fighting for the QB spot..

Skip

Prescott has 2 Sophomores that are going to be big time for us. Kobe Gillard 6'2" 280 DL and Cameron Cox 5'10" 160 WR

SR30

Quote from: Skip on July 28, 2016, 06:18:23 pm
Prescott has 2 Sophomores that are going to be big time for us. Kobe Gillard 6'2" 280 DL and Cameron Cox 5'10" 160 WR
[/quo

Ask your 2 sophomores about #74 from last year's GR Jr high game..they will tell you he is a force to be stopped for sure..

strongandsteady

Not many sophomores start both ways but it looks like Gillard will do it this year for Prescott playing defensive tackle and Offensive Guard

GBattack

Sean Flanagan played nearly every down as a Sophomore for Charleston and will do the same as a Junior.

jr17

I would just like to add on to the fact that the way GR handles themselves in football (Classless) carries over into every other sport as well. Does anyone remember the stands clearing brawl in basketball a couple years ago against Mayflower due to the fact GR fans/players were using racial slurs. And don't even get me started on this year's baseball games against GR. I've been around GR players, coaches, and fans enough now and have gathered enough to understand that GR is just as bad as they're made out to be on here.

SR30

Soo we are talking about sophmores and football and having a clean discussion of it. What good does it to to start calling out people and programs. It genuinely shows you want to start drama and therefore are just as classless as the people you are judging

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest played Glen Rose in the playoffs last year. I did not witness any classless acts.

SR30

Thank you coltfan..that was a wet, cold, muddy miserable night..

MommaLion

Manila has one sophomore who will play both side's of the ball this year. D.K. will be a defensive end and right guard..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas