• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top sophomores next year

Started by Cupkake24, March 20, 2016, 11:19:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cupkake24

Next years sophomores to look out for on your team? Who's gonna make an immediate impact.

Proud Buckaroo

Black and Gold

Hunter Kengla and Brayden Caudle at Charleston are incredibly talented for their age. I'm not sure if they'll make an immediate impact because they'll be behind some great talent.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 21, 2016, 10:33:25 am
Hunter Kengla and Brayden Caudle at Charleston are incredibly talented for their age. I'm not sure if they'll make an immediate impact because they'll be behind some great talent.
isn't incredibly talented > than great?

Black and Gold

They'll need time to adjust to the system and level of play in senior high.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 21, 2016, 02:13:51 pm
They'll need time to adjust to the system and level of play in senior high.
soooooo incredibly talented might have been a homer stretch?

THA TRUTH

If it's a Charleston poster it's a given

Lineman

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

THA TRUTH

That makes a lot of sense here

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 21, 2016, 02:31:27 pm
If it's a Charleston poster it's a given
glad to have you move up here and teach these Charleston guys how to be humble.

Lineman

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way.

NWA Hog

Kentavious Robinson from Rivercrest. We brought him up for our playoff run last fall and he immediately played his way into a starting role at linebacker. He was in on 65 tackles in the state playoffs.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Centerpoint has a 6'7" receiver moving up from junior high and they return Owens who should be the #1 3A QB returning.

Black and Gold

ReddieKnightTrojan

Who else threw for 4,000 yards and 46 TDs last year besides Francis and Pipkin who graduated?

Black and Gold

I can't think of anyone. Just wondering is all

ReddieKnightTrojan

He could choke...he's a pretty humble kid though. I think he will work even harder this year.

CapnObvious

Quote from: Oldman on March 21, 2016, 02:19:16 pm
soooooo incredibly talented might have been a homer stretch?
just put your glasses on Oldman and you will see how talented they are ...

ReddieKnightTrojan

When I was coaching, I tried hard to see my kids as terrible until we played that first game and work accordingly. As it turned out, we were never as good as I subconsciously thought we were throughout offseason. Something about pads and contact that make a kid need a few weeks against an opponent to adjust. Especially the offense (hittee) the defense (hitter) are blood thirsty by the first week.

owl84

Our running back for next year ran a 10.96 in the 100 at a track meet last week.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: owl84 on April 09, 2016, 01:14:16 pm
Our running back for next year ran a 10.96 in the 100 at a track meet last week.

Our running back ran an unofficial 10.96 in the 40 last week

OB11

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 30, 2016, 10:43:34 am
Centerpoint has a 6'7" receiver moving up from junior high and they return Owens who should be the #1 3A QB returning.

The QB was very good I thought.  Should have another great year.  Didn't realize he would be returning. 

OB11

Quote from: ColtPride on March 26, 2016, 12:39:31 pm
Kentavious Robinson from Rivercrest. We brought him up for our playoff run last fall and he immediately played his way into a starting role at linebacker. He was in on 65 tackles in the state playoffs.

This kid is going to be a top player in the state before his career is over.  He has a lot of potential. 

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 11, 2016, 09:23:45 am
The QB was very good I thought.  Should have another great year.  Didn't realize he would be returning.
This year's senior class has some very talented skill players. QB and 1,000 yd receiver returning. ? at RB. I heard that a sophomore may get the nod next year if the senior doesn't work on his weight and speed over the offseason. There is a junior running back also that shined all through junior high, but didn't get a lot of carries last year due to depth. Centerpoint has never really had that problem. As long as the younger fellows continue to develop, the Knights should be contenders for a couple more years. If they can get past Prescott, they may even take a conference championship.

Nomad1324

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 11, 2016, 09:24:31 am
This kid is going to be a top player in the state before his career is over.  He has a lot of potential.

He's tearing up Jr High track from what I've read. My guess is he will come up with the Sr High when he's done with the Jr schedule.

SR30

Nicholas Prichard from Glen Rose will make an immediate impact. He moved up as a freshman to play during the playoffs and moved from MLB to DL. This young man is solid and strong as they come..6'0 245 and managed a 4.98 40yd during off season. Not to mention he is squatting 540#..I know size and stats don't mean much to the ff Friday faithful but trust me he will make noise.

macadoshis

Why is it that if any other poster tells about their good players that will make an impact, nothing is said.  But when a Charleston poster does the same thing, everyone is so quick to jump all over them.   Never have understood that.  Enlighten me.

SR30

Charleston has great talent year in and year out.  I think it's the attitude of some of the people who post that sets everyone off.. but that's just my opinion

WPWells

Quote from: macadoshis on July 12, 2016, 09:55:32 am
Why is it that if any other poster tells about their good players that will make an impact, nothing is said.  But when a Charleston poster does the same thing, everyone is so quick to jump all over them.   Never have understood that.  Enlighten me.

+1
Quote from: SR30 on July 12, 2016, 02:15:14 pm
Charleston has great talent year in and year out.  I think it's the attitude of some of the people who post that sets everyone off.. but that's just my opinion

Better to have players that back it up instead of talk about how great you are and then be awful #GOML

Longfellow

I think we were only silent on that last one cuz it was from Glen Rose

SR30

And now the hate monster raises it's head against GR..funny thing is there was nothing negative posted...hmmm?

WPWells

Quote from: SR30 on July 12, 2016, 10:11:57 pm
And now the hate monster raises it's head against GR..funny thing is there was nothing negative posted...hmmm?

Except for the negativity you posted about Charleston

SR30

Ummm I think I posted Charleston has talent year in and year out?? I mean that's what I read..the other post said SOME PEOPLE have attitudes..never once mentioned a name or location..seems someone has a guilty conscious or just wants to troll around to make waves...don't be mad at life...somebody out there loves you, I promise :)

WPWells

Quote from: Carljung on July 13, 2016, 08:59:41 am
He can't help it. His heart is full of hate. I pray for him.

Stop with the personal attacks please. I don't attack anyone personally. I don't like teams but I don't make it personal. It's really becoming pathetic how you attack me all the time.

Longfellow

Quote from: SR30 on July 12, 2016, 10:11:57 pm
I only said it because it's the truth. It's a statement of facts. It's 9:17am and people dislike Glen Rose. The sun rises in the east and people dislike Glen Rose. It's just the way the world works

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on July 13, 2016, 09:18:16 am
I only said it because it's the truth. It's a statement of facts. It's 9:17am and people dislike Glen Rose. The sun rises in the east and people dislike Glen Rose. It's just the way the world works

Lol I think he was talking about me 😂

Carljung

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 13, 2016, 09:08:40 am
Stop with the personal attacks please. I don't attack anyone personally. I don't like teams but I don't make it personal. It's really becoming pathetic how you attack me all the time.
You don't attack anyone personally??? Are you joking. You've made threads attacking people before, so anyone that knows you knows that's a lie. Start acting like a Christian instead of saying you are.

THA TRUTH

SR30

Pretty pathetic when you post a legitimate answer to a forum and one person's hate shines through. I don't know why u hate gr so much.. maybe they spanked your team around and u didn't like it, maybe you secretly wish you could live in our community or maybe you are just so filled with hate and misery in your life that you can't help yourself...only you know the answer to that Longfellow

Longfellow

The reasons I dislike Glen Rose are not secret. I've posted them on here before. Those reasons have to do with the coach and the way he speaks to players, on his team and other teams, and how I've seen his players act on the field

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on July 13, 2016, 11:04:07 am
The reasons I dislike Glen Rose are not secret. I've posted them on here before. Those reasons have to do with the coach and the way he speaks to players, on his team and other teams, and how I've seen his players act on the field

+1

WPWells

Quote from: Carljung on July 13, 2016, 10:05:30 am
You don't attack anyone personally??? Are you joking. You've made threads attacking people before, so anyone that knows you knows that's a lie. Start acting like a Christian instead of saying you are.

Stop with the personal attacks please.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Carljung on July 13, 2016, 10:05:30 am
you two need to meet at the alma sonic.

Longfellow

Been a while since we've had a challenge for fisticuffs at the Alma Sonic. I'll bring the popcorn

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Longfellow on July 13, 2016, 12:12:05 pm
Been a while since we've had a challenge for fisticuffs at the Alma Sonic. I'll bring the popcorn
Pretty sure with these two there is a better chance of a good Christian debate. They don't seem like Alma Sonic guys.

SR30

July 13, 2016, 01:59:50 pm #45 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:01:22 pm by SR30
So let me recap this..you automatically be mouth any post someone from GR makes because you don't like the coach or the program? Even though you personally have no vested interest??? Sounds familiar

SR30

On another note...kehner has never said one negative thing toward my son that didn't need to be said..I guess you believe in the magnet cove Coach Efird system...

Beaver Fever

That post will not help our reputation!

SR30

Ugh fever I'm trying to figure out what was negative..please explain since you yourself are a fair weather fan and kehner hater yourself

Beaver Fever

Making a mockery of #blacklivesmatter.  For law enforcement you should know better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas