• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrother

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Fred_dog on June 24, 2016, 12:30:46 pm
lets not forget the fact that JC has some of the best cornerbacks and safeties in the state. There whole secondary is coming back. They have some great speed. Their very well trained, they also has a good 2nd string secondary.One of their fast corner is the  Holliday kid. He's very athletic, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of their starters this year. He would be a huge help on kickoff return. He will for sure be one of the best Defensive backs in college. He can also be a WR. He had some amazing catches last year. When the Davis kid got hurt,Holliday stepped up to the plate and filled in his shoes.

Really not sure how good Junction City was even last year. They opened up beating Smackover but did not play but three other teams with winning records and lost to all three. The rest of their opponents were not even close to the type of programs (in 2015) that a team could prove themselves against.

HorseFeathers

was told last year that the pieces are there for junction city to return to being what we are used to seeing out of them....we'll just have to wait and see thougb

bleudog

June 26, 2016, 03:35:31 pm #353 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:37:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 25, 2016, 09:11:57 pm
Really not sure how good Junction City was even last year. They opened up beating Smackover but did not play but three other teams with winning records and lost to all three. The rest of their opponents were not even close to the type of programs (in 2015) that a team could prove themselves against.

The 2015 Dragons had the school's lowest Calpreps power rating in 13 years.

2003        46.2  State Champion
2014        37.1  State Champion
2009        34.6  State Champion
2008        34.4  State Champion
2012        31.2  State Champion
2013        28.6  State Champion
2004        18.2  Final Four
2006        18.0  State Runner-up
2011        17.2  Final Four
2005        15.3  Final Four
2007        15.1
2010        (0.4)
2015        (1.6)
Average    22.6

bleudog

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2016-2017/2016%20Football%20Schedule.pdf

bleudog

Condolences to Tim's family and friends (some of whom are FF folks):  CLICK HERE

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bleudog on June 30, 2016, 07:23:38 am
Condolences to Tim's family and friends (some of whom are FF folks):  CLICK HERE

He was a good man. I went to school with his son. He was always putting his kids first.

THA TRUTH

Good man with a stern but loving personality

bleudog

July 09, 2016, 12:07:50 am #358 Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:13:45 am by bleudog
http://www.baileyfuneralhome.net/obituaries/John-Thompson-31/#!/Obituary

Most gracious Heavenly Father, please provide comfort and strength to those left among us who mourn the earthly loss of those now with you. Amen.

Both Mitzi, John's wife, and Justin, John's son, are on staff at JC.  Justin's duties include assistant football coach and head softball coach.

AirWarren

cuz

Prayers for the Thompson family....
5:4 - Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

AirWarren

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on June 22, 2016, 09:16:51 am
Thompson kid's guardians visited several schools before the "transfer" happened that brought the guardian to Warren's post office.  That certainly wasn't a "fall in your lap" kind of deal, requests were made by the employee to make that move happen.  As for Thomas, people close to him post on this board - I'm sure they could better describe the efforts Warren has put in to try to get him up there.  They are considerable.

You do know that Justin Gorman was a Hermitage kid, right?  Adam Nolan, who was a real good lineman at Warren, was a Hermitage kid.  Sam Rauls, who contributed in football and baseball both, was a Hermitage kid.  Randy Gorman, who started on the OL a few years back was a Hermitage kid.  Hayden Lassiter is a Hermitage kid.  AW, you like to throw stones at Hermitage - some nice talent from that little town that Warren has made a habit of poaching.

I know the response, Hermitage schools suck, etc.  You do know that the Warren School District is a disaster, right?  Poor leadership at the district and building level.  Racism is a legit issue within the district involving both blacks and whites - certainly not a one-sided issue.  Schools are failing, Eastside Elementary was an F school, no?  Teachers are fleeing at a record rate.  Warren School District is bad off while Hermitage has taken steps to stabilize.  Nobody from Warren can casts stones about education in ANY direction.  Getting a turf field, though, woooo hooo!  You should hear teachers in the district talk about that, great for morale.

Also, for Warren to be such a dominate football program why did so many coaches run away from the place?  You would not believe the stories assistant coaches tell of working inside that program.  Good coaches.  What have they had to replace this year, five coaches?  All this talk about them dominating 4A for the next two years, normally coaches don't run from those situations.  Something deeper there.

Now, to tie this back into Junction City - they haven't done anything that Warren hasn't in terms of kids.  The rules are set up the way they are set up to benefit young people.  State has approved the situation, AAA has approved the situation, people only complain when your successful.  Success at JC has more to do with tremendous strength program, great coaching and high expectations than it does a few kids coming across the border legally.  If it was only about talent, Warren should have had about nine state titles by now.  They don't...

Shame a Junction City - Warren game never came to be, the opportunity was put on the table several times.  Its a lot easier to justify losing to a larger classification school than to a smaller classification one.

Hey,
Saw where hermitage may be applying for a charter status.

Hmm. For warren to be so crappy in your eyes, seems baby sister may be following suit huh? Last opportunity to stay afloat before the state opens its eyes and consolidates?

bleudog

Not football, but here's where the basketball games will be played next season:  CLICK HERE

Bigditchlion

Football stadium done?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on July 15, 2016, 07:39:00 pm
Not football, but here's where the basketball games will be played next season:  CLICK HERE

no gym picture?

bleudog

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 15, 2016, 09:05:12 pm
Football stadium done?

New visitor stands and new lights were put in last year.

New ticket booth, new handicap parking, new concession stand, new restrooms and new entrance sidewalks are part of the gym construction.

bleudog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 15, 2016, 09:06:48 pm
no gym picture?

Here are a few in addition to the one in the newspaper article.

bleudog

From the 07/16/16 El Dorado News Times:

The Bordertown Combine will be held on August 6 at the Junction City football field.

The event is for all 2016 juniors and seniors, and the deadline to register is July 31.

The fee is $50 per player.

The program will showcase local talent to college coaches. It will involve the 40-yard dash, bench press, three-cone drill, position drill and best man competition. Kevin Payne and Tyrone Newton will be on hand as guest speakers.

For more information, please contact Antoine Cook at (870) 312-0786.

bleudog

Our friends in LaLa Land project the Dragons at 7-3

Haynesville (LA) (11%),
Bearden (AR) (99%),
England (AR) (10%),
McGehee (AR) (92%),
Genoa Central (Texarkana, AR) (99%),
Fouke (AR) (79%),
Lakeside (Lake Village, AR) (99%),

Smackover (AR) (24%),
Fordyce (AR) (68%),
Drew Central (Monticello, AR) (99%)

JC Guy

Quote from: bleudog on July 29, 2016, 07:34:54 am
Our friends in LaLa Land project the Dragons at 7-3

Haynesville (LA) (11%),
Bearden (AR) (99%),
England (AR) (10%),
McGehee (AR) (92%),
Genoa Central (Texarkana, AR) (99%),
Fouke (AR) (79%),
Lakeside (Lake Village, AR) (99%),

Smackover (AR) (24%),
Fordyce (AR) (68%),
Drew Central (Monticello, AR) (99%)

We may go 7 and 3 but I don't think it will be the way they have it picked.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: JC Guy on July 29, 2016, 05:29:21 pm
We may go 7 and 3 but I don't think it will be the way they have it picked.

Okay.. Tell us how you think it will go then. Because.... Legit. England, haynesville and Smackover are probably the only ones I see beating you guys. McGehee could possibly surprise you guys with their talent they are bringing up from JR high. Two players.. I know for sure will be really good.

THA TRUTH

That's the only way it would happen to me McGhee shouldn't be much and fordyce lost some solid players

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 29, 2016, 05:57:45 pm
That's the only way it would happen to me McGhee shouldn't be much and fordyce lost some solid players

Fordyce probably lost one of the best RBs they had to come through there. Not THE best. But he was pretty solid. I saw the two kids that McGehee had come up from JR high. They are going to be pretty solid. Fordyce does have one kid that's HUGE. He's their TE/DE. He's like 6'4 or 6'5 and 280lhs. He's got pretty good hands too.

JC Guy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 29, 2016, 05:34:10 pm
Okay.. Tell us how you think it will go then. Because.... Legit. England, haynesville and Smackover are probably the only ones I see beating you guys. McGehee could possibly surprise you guys with their talent they are bringing up from JR high. Two players.. I know for sure will be really good.
I don't have a clue what Haynesville returns so I am clueless about that one but I know we had a very good chance of beating them last year when we put the ball on the ground with less than two minutes remaining. England is solid and I haven't watched them enough to really break them down but they will be dealing with a lot of weapons when we meet so maybe. On paper and that's all any of us can go on at this point I like JC over the Bucks. With all that said JC has a load of talent this year but will they gel as a unit? Could slip up and drop one or two to somebody they should beat and beat somebody they shouldn't. Wasn't calling any shots really!

WHITEchicken

glad the Smackover/JC game is late in the season now instead of week 1. Cramps should be gone, and both teams should be at post season form by the ime they play. The last 2 years the games have been really good.

bleudog

From the 8/2/16 EDNT: 

Things are a little different for Junction City, who had their first practices as a member of the 3A ranks on Monday.

"Things went well this morning on our first day," said Junction City coach David Carpenter.

Carpenter added that the Dragons worked on defensive fundamentals in the morning before working on offensive fundamentals in their evening practice.

Carpenter added that the Dragons had 39 players out for their first practices.

Longfellow

I thought two-a-day practices were against the rules

THA TRUTH

No u just can't have back to back day of em plus Jc has that indoor facility

Longfellow

Yea I checked it. I forgot I had the rule book on my phone

bleudog

August 02, 2016, 02:53:36 pm #379 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:57:27 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Longfellow on August 02, 2016, 08:35:18 am
I thought two-a-day practices were against the rules

So, you see a reference to Carpenter conducting two-a-days and what you comment on is thinking JC is violating a rule. 

Seems like 3A isn't all that different from 2A after all.  ;)

THA TRUTH

Longfellow

I thought there was a rule against two-a-days. So I commented on it. Just because your Junction has nothing to do with it. I've seen junction play once. Watched game film from a common opponent we played junior year. Don't care in the slightest if junction breaks every rule in the book. The only way I'll see junction play is if we play in the postseason. TR in the postseason is unlikely. Therefore, I don't care about Junction

JC Guy

Quote from: WHITEchicken on July 31, 2016, 12:01:38 pm
glad the Smackover/JC game is late in the season now instead of week 1. Cramps should be gone, and both teams should be at post season form by the ime they play. The last 2 years the games have been really good.
I don't remember JC cramping the past couple of years!

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on August 02, 2016, 03:37:09 pm
I thought there was a rule against two-a-days. So I commented on it. Just because your Junction has nothing to do with it. I've seen junction play once. Watched game film from a common opponent we played junior year. Don't care in the slightest if junction breaks every rule in the book. The only way I'll see junction play is if we play in the postseason. TR in the postseason is unlikely. Therefore, I don't care about Junction

+1 they're a little sensitive

JC Guy

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 02, 2016, 06:10:31 pm
You can + as many as you like. If someone stated that Chuck were cheaters you would be the first to crow. So I will agree with BB52 on you needing to work on that being strong thing. I keep pointing out to you how you ( as you put it get attacked ) but you keep posting smart remarks so deal with the consequences. Someone once told me that if your going to be dumb you better be twice as tuff and you don't seem all that tuff.

Coltfan2005

The consequences? Exactly what are those?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 06:35:46 pm
You can + as many as you like. If someone stated that Chuck were cheaters you would be the first to crow. So I will agree with BB52 on you needing to work on that being strong thing. I keep pointing out to you how you ( as you put it get attacked ) but you keep posting smart remarks so deal with the consequences. Someone once told me that if your going to be dumb you better be twice as tuff and you don't seem all that tuff.

j.c posters and Chuck posters from past years are about the same....the few dish it out, the majority defend him....the whole get pissy when it gets dished back at them....but isn't that what gives life to a message board

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 02, 2016, 06:10:31 pm

Dude, you just got forceably re-classed, so you don't mind if folks are just a little leary .

bleudog

August 02, 2016, 07:16:53 pm #388 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:19:13 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Longfellow on August 02, 2016, 03:37:09 pm

JC Guy

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 02, 2016, 07:01:58 pm
The consequences? Exactly what are those?
He will cry like he was a couple of weeks ago because people are talking hard to him. So run along with your child's play also. I have been watching the two of you with your childish bromance the past few days.

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2016, 07:10:43 pm
j.c posters and Chuck posters from past years are about the same....the few dish it out, the majority defend him....the whole get pissy when it gets dished back at them....but isn't that what gives life to a message board
What exactly did you just say HF?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 07:28:06 pm
What exactly did you just say HF?

That j.c and charleston posters are the same...and it's not necessarily a bad thing

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2016, 07:37:41 pm
That j.c and charleston posters are the same...and it's not necessarily a bad thing
I would agree with that but from what I see so far they may have a few more over the top types than we do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 07:55:46 pm
I would agree with that but from what I see so far they may have a few more over the top types than we do.

thatruth evens it out lol

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 02, 2016, 08:05:59 pm
thatruth evens it out lol
Don't forget The other one. He normally don't show up til this time of the year. Wait till he jumps out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 08:30:59 pm
Don't forget The other one. He normally don't show up til this time of the year. Wait till he jumps out.

amehr?

JC Guy

HorseFeathers

ahh....he's one of the few thats been around here as long as I have..

bleudog

amehr36

I've been commenting some. We're top 5 legitimately. Have just as good a chance to win state in 3A as any other top 3A team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas