• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early thoughts for next season

Started by Bbal789, March 08, 2019, 01:25:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

March 08, 2019, 01:25:20 am Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:14:44 am by Bbal789
Top teams

1. Ashdown- Lamar Wilkerson will be back and hard to not give them the top spot after their championship performance. Their coach will have them ready to rebuild. They are losing 4 senior starters though

2. Valley Springs- Losing 6'6 senior Ethan Flud but returning 6'4 Isaac Ragland. Very fundamental team and should bring back a lot of experience

3. Drew Central- Bring back Tavarus Shead and Trenton Eubanks the top two scorers from this years championship game and have made it to the championship back to back years.

4. Mayflower- Braxton Mccuien and Jaheim Cummings will be back for the eagles. Losing some talented guards but their team will rebuild and revolve around Mccuein

5. Osceola- They just always seem one step away from being in Hot Springs. Always a scrappy hard nosed team.

Other teams to watch: Harding Academy, Elkins, Manila, Trumann, Waldron, Bergman

Top Players

1. Payton Brown- Waldron
2. Braxton Mccuien- Mayflower
3. Ben Turner- Trumann
4. Lamar Wilkerson-Ashdown
5. Brayden Lyons- Glen Rose
6. Travarus Shead- Drew Central
7. Chris Harris- Dumas
8. Isaac Ragland- Valley Springs
9. Che Smith- Episcopal
10. Jaden Golden- Drew Central

Other players to watch Paxton Barnett-Elkins, Jaheim Cummings- Mayflower, Ben Keton-Tuckerman, Trenton Eubanks- Drew Central, Connor Mcgaha- Harding Academy, Daley Belew- Manila, Elijah Royce-Bergman, Cory Hill- Prescott, Dan Newsom-Osceola

501Arkansas

Gotta put Osceola in the top 3 and far as top players you gotta throw Ben Turner from Trumann in there and Osceola Guard Dan Newson Jr. but hey I agree we are pretty scrappy. We will have some size next year. We have Deanthony Poole that surfed a knee injury during football season(who a lot of people doesn't know about yet but will get to know him next year) playing next year. I hope he can stay heathy after football season for we can have him. Got a few JR high kids that's going to play some huge rolls next year as well. Two of them going to be Devin Brown who can flat out shoot it and AJ Harris who will be helping Gregg Hooks in the paint. Going to be another exciting team next year. Hope we can land ourselves in Hot Springs. One game away in back to back seasons.

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 08, 2019, 04:48:43 am
Gotta put Osceola in the top 3 and far as top players you gotta throw Ben Turner from Trumann in there and Osceola Guard Dan Newson Jr. but hey I agree we are pretty scrappy. We will have some size next year. We have Deanthony Poole that surfed a knee injury during football season(who a lot of people doesn't know about yet but will get to know him next year) playing next year. I hope he can stay heathy after football season for we can have him. Got a few JR high kids that's going to play some huge rolls next year as well. Two of them going to be Devin Brown who can flat out shoot it and AJ Harris who will be helping Gregg Hooks in the paint. Going to be another exciting team next year. Hope we can land ourselves in Hot Springs. One game away in back to back seasons.

Last year Osceola was knocked out in the quarterfinals, either way, they should be in good shape next year.

Dan Newsom and Greg Hooks are back. Rodney Thomas will be a soph, along with Chris Littleton, and Stephon Coleman. The junior high was successful again, so I don't expect much drop off. Replacing the seniors is going to be tough, especially on the defensive end with Zion graduation.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Former, Coach Jacobs on March 08, 2019, 08:17:33 am
Last year Osceola was knocked out in the quarterfinals, either way, they should be in good shape next year.

Dan Newsom and Greg Hooks are back. Rodney Thomas will be a soph, along with Chris Littleton, and Stephon Coleman. The junior high was successful again, so I don't expect much drop off. Replacing the seniors is going to be tough, especially on the defensive end with Zion graduation.
+1 I had my rounds mixed up that was my bad. Yeah losing Zion on the defensive end is going to be a big step to whoever going to step into his spot. Best defensive player we have had in a few years.

Jimbo Morphis

KOJACK

hogdiggity

Quote from: Oldman on March 08, 2019, 11:40:41 am
Drew Central will finish 2nd.

Good news, they can just keep wearing those unfinished business shirts.  Need to change the 15 seconds on back to 29 points though.

Mustang_4

501Arkansas

Bbal789

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 08, 2019, 04:48:43 am

Oh shoot I forgot about Ben Turner

ISU7

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 08, 2019, 01:25:20 am
Top teams

1. Ashdown- Lamar Wilkerson will be back and hard to not give them the top spot after their championship performance. Their coach will have them ready to rebuild. They are losing 4 senior starters though

2. Valley Springs- Losing 6'6 senior Ethan Flud but returning 6'4 Isaac Ragland. Very fundamental team and should bring back a lot of experience

3. Drew Central- Bring back Tavarus Shead and Trenton Eubanks the top two scorers from this years championship game and have made it to the championship back to back years.

4. Mayflower- Braxton Mccuien and Jaheim Cummings will be back for the eagles. Losing some talented guards but their team will rebuild and revolve around Mccuein

5. Osceola- They just always seem one step away from being in Hot Springs. Always a scrappy hard nosed team.

Top Players

1. Payton Brown- Waldron
3. Brayden Lyons- Glen Rose
4. Lamar Wilkerson- Ashdown
5. Tavarus Shead- Drew Central
6. Isaac Ragland- Valley Springs
7. Conner Mcgaha- Harding Academy
8. Trenton Eubanks- Drew Central
9. Jaheim Cummings- Mayflower
10. Ben Keton- Tuckerman
Drew Central will finally win it next season.

501Arkansas

ISU7

Jimbo Morphis

birddawg1986

DC is the worse team I've seen in 3A. North region will be the goat plus Ashdown

Missco

Dc played gutsy all week at Osceola. They were lucky to squeak by Rivercrest and Booneville but did. They will be a top 5 to 10 team next year in 3A.

bobcats

March 11, 2019, 09:59:24 am #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:35:04 am by bobcats
Quote from: Bbal789 on March 08, 2019, 01:25:20 am
Top teams

Top Players

1. Payton Brown- Waldron
3. Brayden Lyons- Glen Rose
4. Lamar Wilkerson- Ashdown
5. Tavarus Shead- Drew Central
6. Isaac Ragland- Valley Springs
7. Conner Mcgaha- Harding Academy
8. Trenton Eubanks- Drew Central
9. Jaheim Cummings- Mayflower
10. Ben Keton- Tuckerman

You have Valley too high.  They still should be a good team but probably not the best in their conference.  Their offense this year ran through Flood,  you dont take a good 6'6" player off a 3A team and think you get better.  Also, Ragland wont be the best post player in the conference next year.  6' 4" Elijah Royce from Bergman is very good.  I would expect Bergman to win that conference next year.

Paxton Barnett and Elkins also should both be on your list for next year.

BobKat

Valley is always ranked yet I never see them do anything when playoff time comes lol. Also, I understand you want to rank Ashdown number 1 because they're fresh off of a championship but I mean they played like 7 or 8 guys until the last few minutes of the game. Their starting 5 was seniors except the MVP. I don't think they should be #1. They may be like McGehee, win state then struggle after losing a lot of the team. And wait wait wait... before you guys all come at me at once, it's a forum so this is only my opinion.

BobKat

Also, Drew Central is overrated in my opinion as well. The 2017-2018 team was a good team though and they deserved everything they did that year because they truly worked hard but this year's team was overrated and I feel like that prediction is as well. Think about it, if the MVP plays in regional championship, Ashdown beats Drew Central for the 1 seed from a region 4 and instead of Ashdown meeting up with Baptist Prep so early, Drew Central would have and would have been eliminated that round and Drew Central wouldn't even be thought of for those predictions.

Bbal789

Updated a little. Left off some players because I mixed up their team with 4a.

RamblinRazorWreck

June 05, 2019, 12:59:20 pm #20 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:01:30 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Baptist beat Valley Springs last night (with a slightly split squad) at the Harding team camp.  Do not know if Valley's squad was split also.  Doesn't mean anything of course, just wanted to stir your pot in the opposite direction... knowing how much you "hate, double hate, and loathe entirely" Baptist Prep (- quoting Jim Carrey as the Grinch  :D ) and there is no mention of them in this thread, though in your OP you had Valley at #2.     ;D

CoolBreeze

I look for Harding Academy to have a good team next year but not a top team likely to compete for the championship. They lost 3 starters including their two best players, Grant Patterson and Davis Morgan. However, they do return two solid starters Caden Sipe and Ty Dugger. along with last years 6th-man Conner McGaha.

Expect Sipe and Dugger to be much improved for their junior season. McGaha will be a strong presence inside. But I'm not sure who else will step up and contribute. I doubt they'll get much help from last year's decent junior high team. Their best player was an 8th grader. However, a couple of next year's sophomores have the talent to prove me wrong, if they make the right changes.

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on June 05, 2019, 12:59:20 pm
Baptist beat Valley Springs last night (with a slightly split squad) at the Harding team camp.  Do not know if Valley's squad was split also.  Doesn't mean anything of course, just wanted to stir your pot in the opposite direction... knowing how much you "hate, double hate, and loathe entirely" Baptist Prep (- quoting Jim Carrey as the Grinch  :D ) and there is no mention of them in this thread, though in your OP you had Valley at #2.     ;D

Also heard that Baptist lost to Lake Hamilton twice, Jessieville, Riverside, and another team whose name I dont remember. Just facts not hate.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on June 06, 2019, 10:31:27 pm
Also heard that Baptist lost to Lake Hamilton twice, Jessieville, Riverside, and another team whose name I dont remember. Just facts not hate.

Correct. 

No excuses, more facts:

1. Those losses were all to good teams
2. I heard the result of the first LH game was very close & controversial
    (plus LH was 25-3 last year and made Final 4 in 5A)
3. The BP guys are pretty banged up
4. Coach Miller was liberal with the subbing even with a split squad. Some of their opponents, not so much 
    (one team I know had about 20 guys, but only played their top 7 or 8 against BP's 2nd squad)

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on June 07, 2019, 07:59:41 am
Correct. 

No excuses, more facts:

1. Those losses were all to good teams
2. I heard the result of the first LH game was very close & controversial
    (plus LH was 25-3 last year and made Final 4 in 5A)
3. The BP guys are pretty banged up
4. Coach Miller was liberal with the subbing even with a split squad. Some of their opponents, not so much 
    (one team I know had about 20 guys, but only played their top 7 or 8 against BP's 2nd squad)

Riverside is good?? They were 5-25 last year. Jessieville and Lake Hamilton are good I agree.

RamblinRazorWreck

June 10, 2019, 03:07:56 pm #25 Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:17:24 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: Bbal789 on June 09, 2019, 09:15:25 pm

Riverside is good?? They were 5-25 last year. Jessieville and Lake Hamilton are good I agree.

Ah, yeah... my bad.  I was thinking about Rivercrest (knew it wasn't Riverview).  That one was a sloppy game on both sides.  I think everyone was gassed. 

To quote Magic Johnson in his last series as a color commentator for the NBA on TNT (the quote that possibly got him fired), "Day has loss day laigs!"   :D

FoxandHound34

Valley Springs can beat anyone as long as they don't have to play on the road. Get them away from VS and the school for the blind had a good chance to pull off the victory

Ball Hog

Valley's boys will miss Flud more than they realize, but I hear they have brought in another transfer from Marshall....

Brucewayne

How will Riverview be?  Didn't see them play but they had several that passed the eye test

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas