• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please post scores for 2/24 (and 2/25) in this thread....

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2015, 03:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

I'm getting optimistic about the weather this week!  Please post scores for Tuesday, Feb 24 and Wednesday, Feb 25 in this thread.

Cajun Hog

Easy

Cajun Hog

sevenof400

LR Christian at Vilonia will be played tonight.  For those who need a basketball fix, come on by!

Coachbanks12

sevenof400

sevenof400

sevenof400

Go Postal

Any word on when Maumelle will play their remaining 3 game's schedule?

sevenof400

February 25, 2015, 08:28:35 am #10 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:30:17 am by sevenof400
Maumelle and LR Christian should be playing tonight (2/25)...except that I see that the PCSSD is closed today.

Yuck!  This is gonna get messy!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 25, 2015, 08:28:35 am
Maumelle and LR Christian should be playing tonight (2/25)...except that I see that the PCSSD is closed today.

Yuck!  This is gonna get messy!

Yep, we're out due to the 'possibility' of inclement weather.  It looks like we may be playing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, weather permitting.

Go Postal

I wonder if Clarksville will make it up here also.  Didn't see anything on the Harrison school site yet except that Heritage is suppose to be here to start soccer season today.

Go Postal

February 25, 2015, 06:31:35 pm #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:34:09 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Lady Goblins 27
Clarksville Lady Panthers 19
Half

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 58
Clarksville Lady Panthers 39

Final.

Btw, seven and other Spring sport's fans, Lady Goblins won 2-0 vs 7A Heritage in tonight's benefit soccer game. ;)

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 23
Clarksville Panthers 18

end of 1st.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 29
Clarksville Panthers 31

Half.  Panthers made a heck of a run in this period.
S.Huskey with 12 for the GOBS and Hernandez with 8 for Cville are the leading scorers for the Half.

Forrest City H

Farmington swept both games at Morrilton tonight, but not sure of the scores. 

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 44
Clarksville Panthers 49

end of 3rd.
GOBS Atwell in double double.

sevenof400

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 25, 2015, 08:18:23 pm
Farmington swept both games at Morrilton tonight, but not sure of the scores.

Well now, that's big on the boys side..

Cajun Hog

Boys Farmington 60 Morrilton 55 F

Girls Farmington won by 11

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 53
Clarksville Panthers 57

Final.  Wow!  Heck of a game.  Great job by Clarksville.
leading scorers...
GOBS:
Huskey and Atwell with 17 each.
Cville:
Benton with 15.

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 25, 2015, 09:00:50 pm
Harrison Golden Goblins 53
Clarksville Panthers 57

Final.  Wow!  Heck of a game.  Great job by Clarksville.
leading scorers...
GOBS:
Huskey and Atwell with 17 each.
Cville:
Benton with 15.

Uh - oh.  Watch what this does to the playoff possibilities....

Chief_Osceola™

I just got word that Maumelle will play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to close out the regular season.  Huge playoff implications each game, with us playing Greenbrier and Harrison.  The LRC game is also big for us - we need to win to keep our hold on 1st place in the conference.

Some very big games left:

Maumelle v. Greenbrier
Maumelle v. Harrison
Clarksville v. Greenbrier

Those 3 games will determine both seeding as well as who will get the 4th spot.

Ponca

Only scenario Harrison gets in is for Maumelle to beat Greenbrier... Maumelle lose to Harrison... And... Need Greenbrier to beat Clarksville

mijally

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 25, 2015, 09:10:17 pm
I just got word that Maumelle will play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to close out the regular season.  Huge playoff implications each game, with us playing Greenbrier and Harrison.  The LRC game is also big for us - we need to win to keep our hold on 1st place in the conference.

Maumelle v. Greenbrier
Maumelle v. Harrison

Wicked schedule for Maumelle. They will definitely need their bench to get thru this stretch.

Go Postal

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 25, 2015, 09:10:17 pm

Maumelle v. Greenbrier
Maumelle v. Harrison

Quote from: Ponca on February 25, 2015, 09:14:00 pm
Only scenario Harrison gets in is for Maumelle to beat Greenbrier... Maumelle lose to Harrison... And... Need Greenbrier to beat Clarksville
Greenbrier and Clarksville has been shooting the ball pretty decent in the 2nd half of the conference.  Maumelle will have three games to makeup and do in a row in three nights.  This is very interesting on what the ending seeding will be after the last ball falls for the conference season.  This is one screwed up conference once again, but this is one reason that I love the West. ;D

AT

Do you guys remember that year (2011 when Alma won state with McCoy) when the Tucker Trumbo led Huntsville Eagles had to play a crazy schedule to end the year for all the makeup games and had no legs to finish out the year and ended up with the 4 seed. This reminds me of that with Maumelle.

mijally

They'll be fresh for Thursdays game. Will have one less day of rest against Harrison but they will be home and will play LRCA who will be on the 2nd game of a back to back. They will need their bench.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 25, 2015, 09:47:10 pm
Do you guys remember that year (2011 when Alma won state with McCoy) when the Tucker Trumbo led Huntsville Eagles had to play a crazy schedule to end the year for all the makeup games and had no legs to finish out the year and ended up with the 4 seed. This reminds me of that with Maumelle.

Plus, 2 of our remaining games are against 2 teams fighting for the final playoff spot.  I guess the one thing we've got going for us is that we need to win 2 to secure the #1 seed.

mijally

I can already hear the coach giving the ol "one game at a time speech"

mijally

Vilonia still has to beat Farmington to keep the pressure on and that's proven to be no easy task.

AT

Maumelle will have to show a lot of resolve. 3 games in 3 days to end conference...man.

Go Postal

Yes I do.  Didn't Harrison lose to Alma in the semis in that year in a great game?  Or was it a different year?  The Trumbo.s brothers were great for Huntsville, great ball players.  Some great years, Alma posters saying that Rose could make a 3 from the parking lot.  McCoy was the beast that we knew he was in the West.  Good times.

Go Postal

One thing that really got me in this West season, is how Clarksville, Greenbrier and Farmington has NEVER made it a "easy" game for upper seed teams.  Fantastic job for these teams.  "Never give up, never surrender".  "I don't care what the seedings are, we will make the upset".  Love this conference.

AT

Quote from: Go Postal on February 25, 2015, 10:01:59 pm
Yes I do.  Didn't Harrison lose to Alma in the semis in that year in a great game?  Or was it a different year?  The Trumbo.s brothers were great for Huntsville, great ball players.  Some great years, Alma posters saying that Rose could make a 3 from the parking lot.  McCoy was the beast that we knew he was in the West.  Good times.

No Harrison lost to Alma in the semis in 2013.

Harrison lost to Alma the year I'm talking about in a winner take all conference championship game to end the regular season that year.

Go Postal

February 26, 2015, 07:25:24 pm #36 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:27:14 pm by Go Postal
Any word if Maumelle played on Thursday night and who did they play (Warriors or Panthers) and what was the score? 

Vtown, Motown, Cville, GOBS and 'Briar want to know.

Chief_Osceola™

I think we're at Greenbrier tonight, then Harrison at home tomorrow, then LRC at home Saturday.

Chief_Osceola™

Postal, I'll try to get the score(s) ASAP. It really depends on whether or not the MHS a Facebook admin posts it or not. Barring that, I can probably send out a couple of texts to get them.

Go Postal

February 26, 2015, 07:59:11 pm #39 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:07:21 pm by Go Postal
Thanks, Chief.  seven, is the briar/Melle game on one of your local live streaming radio stations?

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 26, 2015, 07:59:11 pm
seven, is the briar/Melle game on one of your local live streaming radio stations?

I don't think it is on Y107.1 or any of the Conway stations.  Greenbrier hasn't broadcast their games this I don't believe.

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 26, 2015, 08:10:17 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on February 26, 2015, 07:59:11 pm
seven, is the briar/Melle game on one of your local live streaming radio stations?

I don't think it is on Y107.1 or any of the Conway stations.  Greenbrier hasn't broadcast their games this I don't believe.
I tried 107 earlier.  Don't they know that this is a important game in the 5A West seeding?  What are they thinking?  LOL!

Go Postal

I looked for live streaming radio stations in or around Maumelle.  56 channels and nothing to watch for the 5A.  Dang it.  LOL!

GB5Hoops

Greenbrier boys leading Maumelle 46-37 end of the 3rd.

sevenof400

Quote from: GB5Hoops on February 26, 2015, 08:23:52 pm
Greenbrier boys leading Maumelle 46-37 end of the 3rd.

Wow - that would be a considerable upset....

How did the girls game turn out?

GB5Hoops

GB5Hoops

GB5Hoops

Go Postal

February 26, 2015, 08:50:32 pm #48 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:55:43 pm by Go Postal
Thanks, Hoops.

One thing that really gets me in this age of internet media, is that some towns haven't caught up yet.  For instance...

I have listened to Harrison away games on the radio.  They do a great job for us local fans, but don't have a link for live streaming on the internet.  But enter GOBTV.  Our school media class learning about multimedia at a high school level.  They don't always do the best job, as the big boys, but they get the job done and have entered into the 21st multimedia century.  I'm not saying that our local sport's radio station is bad, on the contrary, I think that they do a great job.  I listen to Goblin sport's on the radio, GOBTV lags a little behind on live, but I can watch it to see what the radio commentators were talking about.  Radio can usually broadcast when video steaming is not available.  But, live radio should be available on the internet as well.  GOBTV has helped some on games from a live standpoint to the World.  Heck, I have had Canadian and Australian Goblin fans text me on what is happening in a Goblin game before GOBTV.   ;)

HockeySticks

I agree. I understand GobTV going Maumele and to State again possibly. Enjoy GobTV

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas