• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores from 2/20 here please

Started by sevenof400, February 20, 2015, 08:21:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

sevenof400

AT

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 20, 2015, 09:03:53 pm
Vilonia 51
Morrilton 49
Final

Seven, it's not spring yet! Vilonia can't be doing this well in a sport! (In all seriousness, congrats to the Eagles so far this season)

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 20, 2015, 09:29:46 pm
Vilonia 51
Morrilton 49
Final

Seven, it's not spring yet! Vilonia can't be doing this well in a sport! (In all seriousness, congrats to the Eagles so far this season)
:o Wow, Eagles!  Great Job!

Jock

LR Christian 47
Farmington. 63
Girls final

LR Christian 62
Farmington 55
Boys final

sevenof400

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 20, 2015, 09:29:46 pm
Vilonia 51
Morrilton 49
Final

Remember that warming trend back in January.......I think V interpreted that as Eagle spring (or something like that)  ;D

I tell you what AT, I don't think you'd hardly recognize the V boys anymore.  You saw the size last year but we are moving the ball up and down the court at a much better pace.  There is a good balance of inside and outside play as well. It has definitely been a fun year to watch basketball here - I just wish the state tournament were someplace closer than Paragould....

....but (the actual) spring will soon be here! 

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle beat Clarksville by 1, but I don't have the exact score yet.

sevenof400

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 20, 2015, 10:29:15 pm
Maumelle beat Clarksville by 1, but I don't have the exact score yet.

I'm assuming that is the boys score - correct Chief?

Cardfan1

February 20, 2015, 11:03:54 pm #8 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:23:12 am by Cardfan1
Farmington SG 62
LR Christian SG 44

LR Christian SB 59
Farmington SB 54

MaumelleHawg

Maumelle 73
Clarksville 72

Clarksville was up 15-16 pts early in 2nd qrt, Maumelle cut it to 4 at half.  Tied at the end of 3, tied again with 7.4 left with Maumelle at the line shooting 2.  Missed both ft's, Maumelle rebounds 2nd miss and is fouled.  Make the 1st, miss the 2nd ft, Clarksville gets off a half court shot that was not vey close.  Maumelle was very fortunate to get the win.  I think the ref's thought we were there to see them, game never got into a flow. Bad both ways though.

Going to Greenbriar Tuesday, going to be a tough place to play, but looking forward to the trip.

Vteagle

If you weren't at Vilonia for the Morrilton boys game you missed a dandy!! MOST especially at the end....with approximately 15 seconds to go and the game tied, Vilonia gets the ball On a fastbreak.......#14 for Vilonia made a pass, a wicked pass, the likes that I have never seen before, to the big kid under the basket for a easy lay up!!!!!!!  The Vilonia fans went wild, the Morrilton fans stood there silent and drooling!  I mean holy cow!!!!  What a wicked pass#14, that took courage!!  Awesome game!!!

mijally

Quote from: MaumelleHawg on February 20, 2015, 11:40:38 pm
Maumelle 73
Clarksville 72

Clarksville was up 15-16 pts early in 2nd qrt, Maumelle cut it to 4 at half.  Tied at the end of 3, tied again with 7.4 left with Maumelle at the line shooting 2.  Missed both ft's, Maumelle rebounds 2nd miss and is fouled.  Make the 1st, miss the 2nd ft, Clarksville gets off a half court shot that was not vey close.  Maumelle was very fortunate to get the win.  I think the ref's thought we were there to see them, game never got into a flow. Bad both ways though.

Going to Greenbriar Tuesday, going to be a tough place to play, but looking forward to the trip.
Sounds like the Morrilton game with all the whistles. Maybe they are getting paid on commission and make more money making more calls. Lol

sevenof400

To be fair though, both Morrilton and Clarksville play an aggressive style of defense - one that is going to increase their foul count. 

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 22
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 8

end of 1st.  Lady Goblins are on fire!

Go Postal

February 21, 2015, 02:34:33 pm #14 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:36:22 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Lady Goblins 37
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 18

Half.  LGOBS with seven 3-pointers.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 48
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 31

end of 3rd.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 65
Greenbrier Lady Panthers 51

Final.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 5
Greenbrier Panthers 8

end of 1st.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 29
Greenbrier Panthers 29

Half.

PercussionMan

Are these games rescheduled from last night? 

bobcat81

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 42
Greenbrier Panthers 38

end of 3rd.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 61
Greenbrier Panthers 61

Going into OT.  Intense game.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 66
Greenbrier Panthers 70

Final.

bobcat81

Quote from: Go Postal on February 21, 2015, 04:54:50 pm
Harrison Golden Goblins 66
Greenbrier Panthers 70

Final.
Greenbrier has won 4 of 5 in the second half, with only loss being to Vilonia by 1.  Did they dig themselves too big a hole in the first half to get to tournament?  Two big games left and need some help.  Do teams 5-7 still have a shot at the fourth spot?

AT

February 21, 2015, 06:02:42 pm #25 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:07:39 pm by Almatrackster
Here's something interesting and we may find ourselves wondering about this later. So the tiebreaker is "who won by more points when they played each other", if two teams split in conference play. Greenbrier technically won by 4 points while Harrison won by 2...BUT Greenbrier won in OT...shouldn't any regulation win be seen as better than any overtime win?

Does this mean if Greenbrier and Harrison are tied at the end of the season, that Greenbrier will get the nod?

EDIT: My mistake. Greenbrier and Harrison are not tied at 6-7. Harrison is 6-6 and Greenbrier is 5-7. But the tiebreaker question is still out there.

AT

Notice my edit above if you read my original post. I made a mistake.

For those wondering what I'm talking about..straight from the AAA handbook (I bolded the important part)

A. If two teams are tied from regular season conference play, tie-breaker procedures will be:
1. Head to head in regular season conference play.
2. If the two teams have split, margin of victory between the two teams, with a maximum of 10 points
per game.

3. If the two teams are still tied, all winning conference game points, with a maximum of 10 points per
game.
4. Forfeited games. Offended teams shall receive 10 points when tabulating the sum of the winning
margins for breaking conference ties.
5. If the two teams are still tied, a coin flip by the Arkansas Activities Association's Executive Director
or his designee will decide seeding.

sevenof400

AT,

I'm thinking that since overtime is considered an extension of the 4th quarter, the final score of the game is all that matters.  However, you do raise an interesting point - one that should be spelled out in the tiebreaking procedures.

Go Postal

February 21, 2015, 07:04:48 pm #28 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:08:09 pm by Go Postal
Thanks, trackster.  I was about to post something like this.  Wins are what comes into play first, so...
For the 'Briar to go to the playoffs as 4th seed, it depends first on what happens on the wins of,
Maumelle/Greenbriar and Clarksville/Greenbriar games pending.
and
Harrison/Clarksville and Harrison/Maumelle games pending.
and
Clarksville/Greenbrier and Clarksville/Harrison games pending.

then H2H points against each other.

then total points diff of the two teams.
I believe that I have this right.  trackster, I know in my heart that you miss this conference with the what ifs that can happen. ;)
and we haven't yet got into the 1st through 3rd seeds yet.  Love this conference.
However, seven does make a good point also.

AT

Yes, GP, I miss the 5A-West. 6A is going to strengthen the Alma program before they move down (which I expect they will, but I may be wrong), but the 5A-West and 5A in general is just too much fun.

Rulesman

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2015, 06:02:42 pm
...shouldn't any regulation win be seen as better than any overtime win?
No. Overtime is, by rule, an extension of the game.

AT

Quote from: Rulesman on February 21, 2015, 07:28:07 pm

Gotcha, but it just doesn't seem right, logically, to say that any OT win is better than any regulation win.

Go Postal

One sport that the AAA really messed up on OT with their rules was that soccer can't go into overtime from 80+ minutes of regulation play, due to the length of the game and the many miles that teams have to travel in this State.  For instance, tie, no OT, then go to PKs.  In non conference play, it can end with a tie after PK's, but in conference/playoffs play, still no OT, but go to PKs or OT PKs until someone wins.  I miss the days when a team could have won in a OT game like the rest of the OT sports.

off my sport's soapbox for now, back to girls/boys basketball...

OlGuyWicker

If the run rule is still used in baseball and softball it is really messed up.  The home team can only go up one run if it is tied or they trail going into the last inning.  Once the lead run crosses the plate in the bottom of the inning the game is over.

Rulesman

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2015, 07:29:51 pm

Gotcha, but it just doesn't seem right, logically, to say that any OT win is better than any regulation win.
Nobody said it was better.
A win in regulation = a "W"
A win in overtime = a "W"
What's hard about that?

AT

February 21, 2015, 10:16:57 pm #35 Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:20:00 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: Rulesman on February 21, 2015, 10:06:34 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2015, 07:29:51 pm

Nobody said it was better.
A win in regulation = a "W"
A win in overtime = a "W"
What's hard about that?

Oh the attitude. Nothing hard about what you just said, but of course that's not what I'm trying to discuss at all so maybe I need to explain better.

See you seem to agree with me..."Nobody said it was better."

It's not better to beat a team in overtime by 10 points than it is to beat a team in regulation by 2 points because to beat a team in overtime, you had to be forced into that overtime in the first place. Heck what if you win by 10 in triple overtime?! Three extra periods to win? But you won by more, so you get the tiebreaker?

That's what I'm saying. I think an overtime win should give teams only one tiebreaker point, no matter the margin of victory, or .5 tiebreaker points.

If the point of a tiebreaker is to find the most logical way to measure how a team had more success directly compared to the team they are tied with, than I agree with the AAA saying "Who won by more?"

But I don't agree with them saying "Who won by more, no matter how many extra periods it takes?"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas