• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Scores from 2/13/15 Here Please

Started by Cajun Hog, February 13, 2015, 08:52:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun Hog

5A West:

Vilonia @ Clarksville
Farmington @ Greenbrier
LR Christian @ Harrison
Morrilton @ Maumelle

bobcat81

Greenbrier 29
Farmington 15
Halftime girls

Mr.BB 75

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 40
LRCA Lady Warriors 29

end of 3rd

sevenof400

Quote from: bobcat81 on February 13, 2015, 06:44:05 pm
Greenbrier 29
Farmington 15
Halftime girls

Wow - I expected a close one here.....

sevenof400

Chief_Osceola™

bballmom32

Cajun Hog

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 57
LRCA Lady Warriors 50

Final.  Nice 3 pointer at the final buzzer for the Lady Warriors.  Lady Goblin Tate left gym at 4:45 left in 4th period, not sure why it was for.  She had 10 points in game.  Due led Harrison with 15 points.  Harrison's Colors Day Queen, Brisco had four 3 pointers for 12 points.

sevenof400

Quote from: Cajun Hog on February 13, 2015, 07:35:35 pm
Girls Farmington 47 - Greenbrier 44.

Well now - Greenbrier with only 15 points in the 2nd half??
Ouch..

sevenof400

bobcat81

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 13, 2015, 07:42:10 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on February 13, 2015, 07:35:35 pm
Girls Farmington 47 - Greenbrier 44.

Well now - Greenbrier with only 15 points in the 2nd half??
Ouch..
Only 4 in the third quarter which was the killer when Farmington mounted their comeback.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 13
LRCA Warriors 8

end of 1st.  Game delay due to medical condition in stands.  Teams are in locker rooms.  EMTs are taking care of fan.

Moderators lock my other post on scores, if this one stays unlocked.  Thanks.

MikeDiesel™

Girls
Batesville 56
Nettleton 50 (2OT)

Paragould 54
Forrest City 21

Chief_Osceola™

Go Postal

February 13, 2015, 08:35:50 pm #16 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:44:45 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins 30
LRCA Warriors 22

Half.  Will be another delay of game at half, due to Colors Day festivities. 

Go Postal

Maumelle/Morrilton tied at 10 at the end of 1st.

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 13, 2015, 08:29:48 pm
Maumelle - 32
Morrilton- 26

Halftime
Chief, moved this from the other thread for you.

Chief_Osceola™

sevenof400

Clarksville 65
Vilonia 56
final

So much for the good results against Harrison and Maumelle...

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 13, 2015, 08:43:38 pm
Clarksville 65
Vilonia 56
final

So much for the good results against Harrison and Maumelle...
:o :o :o :o

MikeDiesel™

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 39
LRCA Warriors 29

end of 3rd.  S. Huskey tries full court shot at buzzer and hits front of the rim.

MikeDiesel™

February 13, 2015, 09:16:29 pm #23 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:20:31 pm by MikeDiesel™
Boys Valley View over GcT 51-46
Paragould over FC 84-81
Nettleton over Batesville 52-49

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 58
LRCA Warriors 39

Final.  Teams put in JVs in around 1:40+ left in game.
Atwell 19 points
Curry 10 points
S. Huskey 9 points
Gilley 8 points
Marseilles 7 points
didn't catch the other 5 points.

bobcat81

Go Postal

Chief or anyone else have the final score on the Maumelle/Morrilton game?

mijally

Quote from: Go Postal on February 13, 2015, 10:31:12 pm
Chief or anyone else have the final score on the Maumelle/Morrilton game?
Morrilton won but I'm not sure of the score. I heard it was 75-70

EagleProud

Girls
Morrilton - 69
Maumelle - 32

Boys
Morrilton - 75
Maumelle - 70

MikeDiesel™

Chief_Osceola™

I wasn't at the game, but I heard it was 75-71 Morrilton.  I figure 75-70 is correct.  Either way, we're on a 3-game skid and are now tied for 1st.  We can't seem to close out the close games. 

Also, seven - you've got mail.  The girls spreadsheet will be available soon.

mijally

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 13, 2015, 11:19:04 pm
I wasn't at the game, but I heard it was 75-71 Morrilton.  I figure 75-70 is correct.  Either way, we're on a 3-game skid and are now tied for 1st.  We can't seem to close out the close games. 

I was there. 3rd game in a row their defense was not very good. Gave up 75 points again. 7 wins the first half of the season they averaged giving up only 55. Since the 4th q at Farmington we've given up 75 per game. We did they same thing offensively we did the first game. 70 points. But we were 19 points worse defensively.

sevenof400

Quote from: mijally on February 14, 2015, 10:01:22 am

I was there. 3rd game in a row their defense was not very good. Gave up 75 points again. 7 wins the first half of the season they averaged giving up only 55. Since the 4th q at Farmington we've given up 75 per game. We did they same thing offensively we did the first game. 70 points. But we were 19 points worse defensively.

Mijally,

Is it possible that teams were initially afraid to run with Maumelle (over the first half of the conference season) and are now discovering that playing at Maumelle's tempo is the course of action most likely to lead to success against Maumelle (assuming your own team can keep up)? 

I did not see Maumelle in the first half of conference play so I don't know if everyone tried to slow it down against Maumelle only to discover that didn't work. 

Whatever the explanation, at 7-3 after 10 games, Maumelle is still in good shape to win the conference if it rights the ship now.  Maumelle should regain its senses over the next three games as they are all against teams at the bottom of the conference standings.  Only a rematch with Harrison in round 14 looks to be a tough game. 

Bondfan4ever

In 5A Central action, Beebe and Mills split.  The Lady Badgers won 55-42 in the girls game and the Comets won 68-42 in the boys game.

mijally

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 14, 2015, 10:09:12 am
Quote from: mijally on February 14, 2015, 10:01:22 am

Mijally,

Is it possible that teams were initially afraid to run with Maumelle (over the first half of the conference season) and are now discovering that playing at Maumelle's tempo is the course of action most likely to lead to success against Maumelle (assuming your own team can keep up)? 

I did not see Maumelle in the first half of conference play so I don't know if everyone tried to slow it down against Maumelle only to discover that didn't work. 

Whatever the explanation, at 7-3 after 10 games, Maumelle is still in good shape to win the conference if it rights the ship now.  Maumelle should regain its senses over the next three games as they are all against teams at the bottom of the conference standings.  Only a rematch with Harrison in round 14 looks to be a tough game.
I did notice a difference in the way Vilonia and Morrilton took it right to our press. But the defense just didn't seem to be as aggressive and smothering until with about 2 min left in the Morrilton game down by 12 or 14. We went all out pressing and trapping everything and got to within 3 points with 30 sec left. Then we got another steal but lost the ball and fouled and they made the ft and iced the game. Too little too late. But very encouraging.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas