• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia @ Harrison "Spook House"

Started by Go Postal, January 30, 2015, 10:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Mid season has pasted.  Start anew.  Wins and Points Diff matters...
The Lady Eagles (7-0) beat the Lady Goblins (5-2) by 5 points the last time they met in Vilonia.
The Golden Goblins (4-3) beat the Eagles (4-3) by 2 points the last time they met in Vilonia.

But these games will be at the Harrison "Spook House".  Should be some great games.

Comments and insights are welcomed.

Go Postal

February 02, 2015, 09:54:31 pm #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:56:49 pm by Go Postal
Where the heck are all of those Vtown fans that want to talk smack about those Eagle giants on their team? ;D  Or at least talk about stats?
This game is big for Vilonia and even Harrison on wins/losses for seeding.  A win and more points diff can mean the difference of going to the playoffs or not.  Hey both of you teams, you have lost 3 games during the 1st half of conference play.  Vilonia to Maumelle, Harrison and LRCA, but beat all others.
Harrison to Maumelle, Morrilton and Clarksville (?), but beat all others.  Vilonia has 24 points diff and Harrison has 22 points diff on conference play, but Harrison has the H2H (by 2 points over Vilonia) so far.
Time for both teams to get their heads out of their backsides and play better ball.  Should be a great game.

But this will be played at the "Spook House".  Morrilton Devil Dogs (won by 4 points) and Maumelle Hornets (won by 9 points) in the last minutes there.  So anything is possible.  So don't let the "Spook House" scare you.  Maybe.  But just remember always...
THE GOBLINS WILL GET YA IF YA DON'T WATCH OUT!

Elvis Hoggoblin

OK Postal here you go.

In my opinion this game will be all about tempo.  Goblins need up tempo, full court, multi possession, drive it to the rim, scramble-type play.  If they can accomplish this and score in the mid 60s and up, they will win and may win pulling away.

However the Eagles would be better off with a slower style where they can roll their offense back and forth until they get a mismatch inside and take advantage of it.  This would also allow them to get their bigs down low on the offensive boards also.

All in all, I think the Goblins will prevail (go figure, huh).  I believe that they will be able to feed off the excitement in the Spook house.

Final score.....Goblins 74 Eagles 57.

Girls game....ALERT--ALERT--UPSET SPECIAL....Goblin girls (who are playing much better that when they went to Vilonia) will hand the Lady eagles their first conference loss.
Lady Goblins 51 Lady Eagles 50.

Another given will be the fact that the easily offended, no fun, stick up their butt Vilonia administration will complain about the Goblin student section.
Turn it up a notch Boys and girls and give them something to gripe about!!!!!   

vhsladyeagles

Not going much into the boys game prediction although I always hope for an Eagle win and agree that a slower paced game does favor the Eagles over Harrison . 

As far as the girls game, while I am sure Harrison has improved from the first game, the Lady Eagles have also improved.  Great team chemistry and very balanced attack with a coach that knows how to win.   No one worries about being an all-star, just all play to win !  Believe we have had a different girl be high point almost every game, because they know to feed whoever is hot.  Also our defense continues to get stronger especially inside the paint.  It should be a fantastic close game but I believe the Lady Eagles will be victorious !

And I look forward to whatever fun entertainment the student section provides.  Hope they have something unique planned including dressing up !  High energy crowds feed both teams and make for some exciting basketball. 

Ready to start the 2nd half of the conference !  For girls basketball, 5A West seems to be extremely strong this year and I think all our teams will do very well come state tournament time.  (and hopefully the 5A West representatives includes the Lady Eagles going to State preferably as the #1 seed !) 

Go Postal

February 03, 2015, 10:44:32 pm #4 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:54:59 pm by Go Postal
I went back and looked at all of the scores from the previous game.
Putting wins/losses aside, I took what both teams have done so far on points.
Girls
Game one against each other...
vs Harrison:  Vtown +5 (H)
Vtown +5

Games against other West teams...
@ Maumelle:  Vtown +25
vs Maumelle:  GOBS +23 (H)
Vtown +2

vs Clarksville:  Vtown +28 (H)
@ Clarksville:  GOBS +4
Vtown +24

vs Greenbrier:  Vtown +10 (H)
@ Greenbrier:  GOBS +8
Vtown +2

@ Morrilton:  Vtown +9
vs Morrilton:  GOBS +17 (H)
GOBS +8

@ LRCA:  Vtown +5
@LRCA:  GOBS +4
Vtown +1

vs Farmington:  Vtown +6 (H)
vs Farmington:  GOBS -8 (H)
Vtown +14
Points wise, the Lady Eagles have proved that they can put up points over the Lady Goblins, so far.
But hometown court (H) does seem to have its advantages most of the time.

Boys
Game one against each other...
@ Vilonia:  GOBS +2
GOBS +2

Games against other West teams...
@ Maumelle:  Vtown -15
vs Maumelle:  GOBS -9 (H)
GOBS +6

vs Clarksville:  Vtown +6 (H)
@ Clarksville:  GOBS -4
Vtown +10

vs Greenbrier:  Vtown +5 (H)
@ Greenbrier:  GOBS +2
Vtown +3

@ Morrilton:  Vtown +14
vs Morrilton:  GOBS -4 (H)
Vtown +18

@ LRCA:  Vtown -6
@ LRCA:  GOBS +8
GOBS +14

vs Farmington:  Vtown +3 (H)
vs Farmington:  GOBS +3 (H)
Even steven.  +0 for both teams.

I have the Eagles 4 points over the Goblins on games played.
But with the Goblins currently own H2H over the Eagles.
But hometown court (H) does seem to have its advantages some of the time.

Should be some good games at the "Spook House" to start this 2nd round.

(side note:  sevenof400, are you going to be able to make this game and will you be at your regular seating spot?
I will try to make this game when I get off of work.  Probably around the 2nd half of the 1st game.
It would be nice to see you again.)

HockeySticks

Well Well Well, guess it's my turn and i am sure Elvis has been waiting on this. Last Friday I perdicted the games right at the Spooook House. Friday before I missed both games in Greenbrier. From just watching on Gob TV I have come up with the following assumptions. I hate to say it but I'm gonna disagree with you Elvis. And I bet this makes you happy I'm saying an Eagle Sweep! Both games come down to final 30-seconds Girls Lady Eagles 40-36, Boy Eagles 55-51.

Elvis Hoggoblin

I will not disagree with you as far as the boys go if the score is in the 50s (as a mentioned earlier).  I think that the Goblins will be able to push up the score and take care of business.  Girls game will be tight but Ill stick with my prediction above.  Lady Goblins at the buzzer.

By the way, this is the ole tile 9 night.  Boys before girls. 

HockeySticks

Gotta Love the Title 9, they did that at Vilonia too! Just Do not like IT!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas