• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2018 (see 1st post for current)

Started by epotts, February 15, 2018, 09:12:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapdig

HowYouDoin?

Heard Walnut Ridge filled both girls and boys positions. Don't know any names though.

Anything on Bay or BIC girls?

Truman or GCT boys?

Quiet few days for the NEA coaching carousel

cellucor

Walnut Ridge Boys is assistant Coffman
                    Girls is chase holbrook

scrapdig

Quote from: cellucor on April 16, 2018, 01:38:41 pm
Walnut Ridge Boys is assistant Coffman
                    Girls is chase holbrook
Holbrook sounds familiar.  Who is it?

Informant

April 16, 2018, 04:25:04 pm #154 Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:26:58 pm by Informant
Halbrook is from GCT or Paragould or that area.  Has coached for 3 years. Piggott Girls, Delta C-7 boys (MO), Benton Jr. High.  All one year apiece.  Walnut Ridge will most likely be a one year stop as well. 

I believe Trumann is holding out for Brad Brannen.  Said this before, I know, but if they aren't why haven't they hired someone else by now.     

PapaHog

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PapaHog on April 16, 2018, 08:29:58 pm
Is Brannen at Bay?

Yeah...heard he was wanting to move into administration

LeftyWorld

Saw where GFWS has hired their coaches. Anyone know who they are? Apparently one coached at Shirley a few years ago?

HorseFeathers

I'll go ahead and post it....
Gfws boys: Keith brown(formerly of Shirley)
Gfws girls: Megan Tutor(was at Haskell last year and Shirley before that)

BW2015

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 17, 2018, 05:04:13 am
I'll go ahead and post it....
Gfws boys: Keith brown(formerly of Shirley)
Gfws girls: Megan Tutor(was at Haskell last year and Shirley before that)

Interesting hires....🤔. Thoughts anyone?

epotts

April 17, 2018, 09:11:03 am #160 Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:45:30 pm by epotts
Openings as of 4/17/18

Boys:
JC Westside-
Highland (Assistant)-
Murfreesboro (Assistant Football also)- Tyler Simmons
Mount Ida- TC French
Greenwood- Donnie Husband
Huntsville (Jr Boys)-
Huntsville (Sr Boys)- Grant Myrick
Ozark (Jr Boys)-
Benton (Jr Boys)-
Piggott- FILLED, NAME UNKNOWN
Star City-
Little Rock Central-
Greer's Ferry Westside- Keith Brown
West Fork
Kipp Delta-
Ashdown (Junior Boys)-
McGehee-
Trumann-
Hillcrest-
Poyen- Andy Brakebill
Bauxite-

Girls:
Cross County-
Guy Perkins-
Wynne-
Dierks-
Greenbrier- Payton Edmondson
Dermott-
Rison-
DeQueen-
Greer's Ferry Westside- Meagan Tutor
Mammoth Spring-
Huntsville (Senior Girls)- Greg McCone
Huntsville (Junior Girls)-
Melbourne (Assistant)-
Springdale Harber-
Searcy-

All 4 teams:
Bruno Pyatt- Noah Chagnon

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: BW2015 on April 17, 2018, 08:12:38 am
Interesting hires....🤔. Thoughts anyone?

Two great coaches, and with talent that is already there and others that will join them because of the great coaches they are GFWS will be teams to watch the next few years.

CoachEagleCat

Greene County Tech is NOT open. Guiot is still there.

Informant

Correct me here.. but isn't Keith Brown from Shirley? Only curious

Seems like a great coach.  Won a title at Sacred Heart and took Shirley to finals in 2017.

dalemurphy

How about a name on who Piggott hired?  Or is their name actually Coach Filled?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Informant on April 17, 2018, 09:48:42 am
Correct me here.. but isn't Keith Brown from Shirley? Only curious

Seems like a great coach.  Won a title at Sacred Heart and took Shirley to finals in 2017.

Yeah lives in or near Shirley and won't have to move for the west side job haha

Informant

Sounds like it'll be GFWS and ICC facing off in Hot Springs the next 3 years.

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 17, 2018, 09:57:33 am
Yeah lives in or near Shirley and won't have to move for the west side job haha

Right? I think it's safe to say at this point the bags are packed.... great pull by WS huge loss for Shirley and we all know that players will flock to play for coaches so I do see some of the better tallent at Shirley moving as well... more bad news for a school already in bad position for student loss....

ballmember

You must not  be a bluedevil fan if you are encouraging kids to move.  All schools would be better off win or lose if they tried to improve where they are at.   How many families can afford to rent a place in westside school district.   

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I agree Mr. Ballmember, its sad that kids go where ever they want instead of trying to build teams in their home towns.

In other news I have recently required some camping lots and mailboxes in the west side school district. Will rent OCtober through March for a premium price

w ballers

old.dole

Where is the chapel coach going?

Bosshog34

How good are Midland and Hillcrest boys supposed to be next year?  Both had decent records but lost their coaches.  Wondering what the expectations are and if the coaches left because talent is dry or they should have won more?

basketballcoach15

New Openings:

Genoa Central Boys
Trumann Assist Girls

I have heard Johnny Taylor will be heading to Star City which will make Caddo Hills open. I believe that is 4 coaches in 4 years.

TheGovernor

Who knows if that's true I heard Lee Wimberley of Manila applied for star city as well

w ballers

OB11

Quote from: TheGovernor on April 18, 2018, 12:34:11 pm
Who knows if that's true I heard Lee Wimberley of Manila applied for star city as well

I don't know him personally but that move wouldn't make much sense IMO.

Informant

Lee Wimberley did not apply for Star City. His next move will be Brookland when Gross finally quits or near the Little Rock area.  Star City is neither.

NEAbball12

TheGovernor

I know some noteable coaches who applied for the star city job and Lee was one of them. Not saying he would go but if Manila opened that would be a very intriguing job.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: TheGovernor on April 18, 2018, 05:40:14 pm
I know some noteable coaches who applied for the star city job and Lee was one of them. Not saying he would go but if Manila opened that would be a very intriguing job.

What's so attractive about that job?

TTownfan

Cade Niswonger is the new Hillcrest boys coach.  Great young man that will be a great coach.  Congrats Cade!!!!!!

NEABallftw

Where is Clayobrn going already? He had some great young talent that was worth developing.
Quote from: w ballers on April 18, 2018, 01:20:15 pm
Marion boys open

razorbackhog

BIC Girls has been filled by Mike Kinard.  He coached there before the previous 2 coaches.  Has worked in insurance I believe since he left BIC in 2006.

Basketballfan13

Dardanelle Girls is now open

HorseFeathers

bobcats

Kelby Drennan is the new coach at West Fork.

TheGovernor

I guess you can add Marshall to the list of openings. Expect other openings this week also.

4real

Quote from: TheGovernor on April 21, 2018, 06:41:27 pm
I guess you can add Marshall to the list of openings. Expect other openings this week also.
girls or boys?

TheGovernor

marksman

Where is Marshall girls coach going?

bobcats

Quote from: marksman on April 22, 2018, 03:33:44 pm
Where is Marshall girls coach going?

To my knowledge she is staying at Marshall

thebigtiger

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on April 17, 2018, 11:52:26 am
Right? I think it's safe to say at this point the bags are packed.... great pull by WS huge loss for Shirley and we all know that players will flock to play for coaches so I do see some of the better tallent at Shirley moving as well... more bad news for a school already in bad position for student loss....
Coach Brown graduated from Shirley seems kind of like his dream job to help his alma mater but everyone knows today that most people are not very loyal.  Kind of surprised by that hire over there

TheGovernor

Loyalty??? This dude can coach and let him go wherever he wants to do that. How long was he at Shirley? Probably a good while and took them to the state finals. It is his career, his family and his choice and the other School wanted him so who cares. I can't believe you just posted that you must be a real gunzzle.

Central Ark

Quote from: thebigtiger on April 22, 2018, 07:57:21 pm
Coach Brown graduated from Shirley seems kind of like his dream job to help his alma mater but everyone knows today that most people are not very loyal.  Kind of surprised by that hire over there

And if he struggled for a couple years in a row, they'd run him out. Fan bases aren't always loyal to their coaches either

thebigtiger

Just seemed that he would want to help his home school.  But honestly not surprised that he left talent level there seems to be dropping off.  I was kind of surprised that Westside didn't broaden their options on a coach.  I just think there was better young up and comers that might have been better options.  I agree Coach Brown can win with lots of talent.  But can he win without much talent?  Seems like he didn't want to find out

brock

Quote from: thebigtiger on April 22, 2018, 08:28:13 pm
Just seemed that he would want to help his home school.  But honestly not surprised that he left talent level there seems to be dropping off.  I was kind of surprised that Westside didn't broaden their options on a coach.  I just think there was better young up and comers that might have been better options.  I agree Coach Brown can win with lots of talent.  But can he win without much talent?  Seems like he didn't want to find out

I'm guessing ole fired up must have applied.

SackAttack

Quote from: TheGovernor on April 22, 2018, 08:05:20 pm
Loyalty??? This dude can coach and let him go wherever he wants to do that. How long was he at Shirley? Probably a good while and took them to the state finals. It is his career, his family and his choice and the other School wanted him so who cares. I can't believe you just posted that you must be a real gunzzle.
Easy Guv!! He was at least choice 3 maybe 4 for the job! I'm with Tigerman on this one! Very very narrow coaching search for a school that's been mired in averagosity for a loooonnnggg time!

thebigtiger

You tell me this.  The year they went to state finals they were loaded right?  What tournaments did they win?  No disrespect just wondering

TheGovernor

Does it matter? IMO the only thing that matters is State Tourney. Little local tourneys don't mean Jack Squat! Did u beat them when u played them while at Timbo? Just curious

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas