• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4A Standings (ALL CONFERENCES) Boys and Girls

Started by faith, April 22, 2016, 08:10:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chandler

If PG loses vs Gentry and Subiaco beats Berryville, Subi is in and PG is out. If both teams lose on Friday, PG is the 4th seed, and the Green Forest vs Danville winner gets the 3rd seed (assuming the GF/Danville winner also wins Friday).

Sorry... we just don't want to count our chickens. Gentry should be a tough opponent on Friday.

young_gun

Quote from: chandler on May 04, 2016, 01:34:39 pm
Technically, PG isn't locked in third. There's even a scenario in which they could completely miss the playoffs.

Please explain that scenario. Even if they lose to gentry and end up 7-4, Danville and Green Forest lost to them so they would hold the tie breaker over one of them. They are in but if they lose to Gentry and Danville or GF win out PG will be 4 and Danville/GF will be 3. More than likely it's PG 3 Danville/GF 4.

young_gun

Quote from: chandler on May 04, 2016, 01:46:31 pm
If PG loses vs Gentry and Subiaco beats Berryville, Subi is in and PG is out. If both teams lose on Friday, PG is the 4th seed, and the Green Forest vs Danville winner gets the 3rd seed (assuming the GF/Danville winner also wins Friday).

Sorry... we just don't want to count our chickens. Gentry should be a tough opponent on Friday.

This would create a 3 way tie for 3rd and go to points. The tiebreaker would go to points making Danville/GF 3 and PG 4. Subi would be left out.

chandler

If Subiaco can create a 3-way tie between PG and the loser of GF/Dan, PG will be out on tie breaker points.

chandler

In the above scenario, the 3-way tie would be for fourth. The GF/Danville winner would be three, PG would be eliminated by t-b pts, and the GF/Dan loser will have beaten Subi, meaning they get the 4 seed.

young_gun

May 04, 2016, 01:54:46 pm #55 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:03:41 pm by young_gun
Quote from: chandler on May 04, 2016, 01:51:18 pm
If Subiaco can create a 3-way tie between PG and the loser of GF/Dan, PG will be out on tie breaker points.

Tiebreaker

PG 16      Still have Gentry
Danville 14    Still have GF and Eureka
GF 13           Still have Danville and Lead Hill
Subi 13        Still have Berryville

chandler

You only receive 3 tie-breaker points even if you win by 4 or more goals. Subi has a forfeit win over Decatur from earlier in the year and Bergman has already forfeited the game tonight. So they get 3 tie-breaker point per forfeit.

chandler

I have PG with 13, and all the others with 14. You may be counting PG's non-con against Huntsville.

young_gun

Quote from: chandler on May 04, 2016, 02:11:18 pm
I have PG with 13, and all the others with 14. You may be counting PG's non-con against Huntsville.

That I did. Good catch.

beach bum

Now that is what we call the middle of the pack log jam...

JFSM

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2016, 01:12:26 pm
Thank you to all the posters updating results and standings in 4A. It is greatly appreciated! Also, glad to see Prairie Grove locked into the 3 seed and curious to see who they will play in the first round of state. I'd like to see them win a game at state.

They will be playing against Jacksonville Lighthouse in the first round. Will be very interesting how they will play out in the first round.

JFSM

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2016, 01:12:26 pm
Thank you to all the posters updating results and standings in 4A. It is greatly appreciated! Also, glad to see Prairie Grove locked into the 3 seed and curious to see who they will play in the first round of state. I'd like to see them win a game at state.
They will be facing Jacksonville Lighthouse in the first round. I would love to see how this match will play out.

beach bum

May 05, 2016, 01:40:59 pm #62 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:17:42 pm by beach bum
Quote from: JFSM on May 05, 2016, 01:34:38 pm
They will be facing Jacksonville Lighthouse in the first round. I would love to see how this match will play out.

Took a look at them on Maxpreps and they do not allow many goals in league play... I am not familiar with the four conferences to know which leagues are strong, average, or sub par.

Raider14

Jacksonville light house relays on physical play to get them by. Their ball skills are very suspect at best. Their keeper is by far their best player. They will only go as far as he can take them. They rely on speed but stab on defense too often. They have gaps that can be exposed if the opponent will move the ball

The Coach

1-4A girls is set after Gentrys 2-1 win over Shiloh tonight.

1. Gentry
2. DARD
3. Shiloh
4. Huntsville

JFSM

Quote from: Raider14 on May 05, 2016, 04:32:24 pm
Jacksonville light house relays on physical play to get them by. Their ball skills are very suspect at best. Their keeper is by far their best player. They will only go as far as he can take them. They rely on speed but stab on defense too often. They have gaps that can be exposed if the opponent will move the ball
I, a formal spectator from the Lighthouse vs riverview match ( you're a raider ) have witness that they didn't play so physical during the match. the ref made aweful calls given them 7 yellow and 1 red during the game. The ref was mostly on the other side given them all the calls. Yes, their defense might need some work and thier goalkeeper could be as far the best player of the team. Lighthouse played an amazing game with very high pressure and creating so many chances to make the score 6-1. They dominated the game and deserve that win. Players from the bench came in and started scoring right off the bat. It was an amazing game for them to be co-confernence champs.

Raider14

I was also at the game. Every yellow was deserved by far. Their tackles are late and cheap. I agree they deserved to win the game. Riverview let Jacksonville dictate the pace of play and didn't show up to play that night. A lot of the goals were cheap. The field was very suspect at best as well probably the worst I have seen in a very long time. All Jacksonville has is speed to get on people quick. As I said before the yellow cards were deserved and the red card was as well when you do not know how to win with class that is what happens. They have a great keeper and he will get them further than they probably deserve to go but against a good team in the playoffs I do not see them going very far.

JFSM

Quote from: Raider14 on May 06, 2016, 07:39:20 am
I was also at the game. Every yellow was deserved by far. Their tackles are late and cheap. I agree they deserved to win the game. Riverview let Jacksonville dictate the pace of play and didn't show up to play that night. A lot of the goals were cheap. The field was very suspect at best as well probably the worst I have seen in a very long time. All Jacksonville has is speed to get on people quick. As I said before the yellow cards were deserved and the red card was as well when you do not know how to win with class that is what happens. They have a great keeper and he will get them further than they probably deserve to go but against a good team in the playoffs I do not see them going very far.
I would agree with to some degree about the Lighthouse team, but they showed they have a lot of potential in their team for a 2nd year school. They have dominated almost every game with only a close lost to Heber Springs with a score of 3-2. It will be very difficult for them against a good team, but they have some players in their team I must point out that have high quality skill. Your judging their game base of 1 game out of many they had.

Raider14

I have actually seen them play several times this year, speaking about Jacksonville. My opinion of their team is not based off one emotionally charged game on their first senior night. I would not say they have high quality players they have a couple of good players. High quality states they could play at any level in the state and that simply is not true. I'm not denying that they deserved to win the game because Riverview did not show up that night. Simply my opinion with years of soccer experience to back up my opinion. They may make it past the first round with their speed alone but I would not call them a threat in the least to anyone making a true championship run.

LighthouseSoccer

Quote from: Raider14 on May 06, 2016, 07:39:20 am

Riverview has a lot of talent in the midfield and up front.  I don't think you guys showed everything you are capable of when you played us (Lighthouse).  I certainly wish you the best of luck in state! I think you can definitely surprise some teams!

As far as your discussion goes, I think most of the yellow cards were fair, although there were one or two I thought were debatable.  The second card on the double yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct was not intended to be disrespectful towards our opponents, yet it undoubtedly was a mistake.  I'm sure the Riverview coaches walking off the field before shaking hands with players, coaches, and officials was also not intended to be disrespectful, but it could've been interpreted that way. 

Raider14

Riverview decently did not give their best effort. A lot of that is due to being over confident going into the game. Lack of focus really hurt them. Jacksonville has the speed that can make you pay for simple mistakes. I will hand it to them for being so good in such a young program. They play hard and it shows. As far as the unsportsmanlike conduct yellow card it was a little rubbing salt in the wound at that point. Not saying that's completely bad to do because Riverview deserved it at that point for not owning up to what was happening and stopping the flood gates of goals that were happening. That said I think it's something you have to control especially if you have aspirations of being a top quality team kinda like a act like you have been there before attitude. As far as the coaches walking off that was not meant as disrespect toward the opponent. Our coaches aren't employed at the school they have jobs outside that most of the time they have to go to after games. The game ran a little longer than an anticipated so they had to leave pretty quick. If Jacksonville can keep their emotions in check they can surprise some people because not many people know about them since their program is so young. They deserve the co champions tag in our conference because they stepped up and earned it while Riverview let it slip away from them. I wish them best of luck in the playoffs for sure.

TheGoalkeeper13

Interesting games to watch out for tonight:

Warren vs Hamburg
Subiaco vs Berryville
Gentry vs Prairie Grove

Also does anyone know about the 4th seed in 4A-4? Trying to see who that spot will go to.

Arbitro

Quote from: TheGoalkeeper13 on May 06, 2016, 11:23:08 am

Warren vs Hamburg
Subiaco vs Berryville
Gentry vs Prairie Grove

Also does anyone know about the 4th seed in 4A-4? Trying to see who that spot will go to.
For the boys, if Monticello beats LISA Academy tonight, the 4A-4 4th seed is theirs.  If they lose, and Episcopal beats ESTEM, it will get interesting because the potentially relevant game between Star City and Hermitage has not - and possibly will not - be played.  No idea how that will sort out.

NEASoccer

Lighthouse has a lot of confidence, but cockiness could really get the best of them when they're going up against the West. They'll be lucky enough to play a middle of the road team in that conference but they don't need to go in thinking it'll be easy.

forumfan

Quote from: TheGoalkeeper13 on May 06, 2016, 11:23:08 am

Warren vs Hamburg
Subiaco vs Berryville
Gentry vs Prairie Grove

As much as it pains me to say it, given the lack of humility of some Warren posters on this board, Warren is a cut above and should do well against Hamburg. Warren plays a style of soccer I have not seen in watching 3 years of 4a soccer.

JFSM

Quote from: forumfan on May 06, 2016, 01:53:06 pm
As much as it pains me to say it, given the lack of humility of some Warren posters on this board, Warren is a cut above and should do well against Hamburg. Warren plays a style of soccer I have not seen in watching 3 years of 4a soccer.
Warren could be state champions this year

beach bum

I think the Warren posters in a way have the right to be proud. They are really good at practically everything. Maybe in time when we play them in the playoffs a couple times in football that may change my tune  ;D ..... we always seem to avoid them and play the Scrappers instead. I enjoy the banter back and forth with with the Scrapper fans. I like them too.

CHSKnightsFan

Does anyone know Gurdons conference record? Not all games listed on maxpreps. Know they still have to play Centerpoint on Monday.

AirWarren

Humility. Pfft.

Hamburg beat the boys but we are heading for a state title this year with as good as chance as anyone.

Go jacks!

SportsDad

Quote from: AirWarren on May 06, 2016, 10:06:37 pm
Humility. Pfft.

Hamburg beat the boys but we are heading for a state title this year with as good as chance as anyone.

Go jacks!

Hamburg didn't beat the JACKS, the officials beat the JACKS!
Both of their goals were from Pk's and great acting.... all the while the center official missed two handballs in the box, one arm tackle in the box, and one other tackle in the box.... it would have helped if he would have actually been in position to make those calls... but it is what it is.

The JACKS dominated the game in every area... time of possession, shots on goal... everywhere but on the scoreboard, which is only what matters. Merry Christmas Hamburg, this one was a gift from the officials!

NEASoccer

Quote from: SportsDad on May 06, 2016, 10:15:44 pm
Both of their goals were from Pk's and great acting.... all the while the center official missed two handballs in the box, one arm tackle in the box, and one other tackle in the box.... it would have helped if he would have actually been in position to make those calls... but it is what it is.

The JACKS dominated the game in every area... time of possession, shots on goal... everywhere but on the scoreboard, which is only what matters. Merry Christmas Hamburg, this one was a gift from the officials!

It's probably not a bad thing to get a loss, the players should come out hungry in the playoffs rather than lazy because they expect to walk through everyone.

CHSKnightsFan

VB
Centerpoint 2 (5)
Gurdon 2 (4)

Centerpoint earns their first ever playoff berth!

4A-2

1. Mena
2. Cac
3. Centerpoint
4. Cossatot River

JFSM

I'm excited to see some amazing playoff games this week ! Game Im more excited to see is dardenelle vs warren in the 2nd round !

TheGoalkeeper13

Getting close to the first game! Any predictions on how the tournament plays out?

MDXPHD

Quote from: SportsDad on May 06, 2016, 10:15:44 pm

Lol. This is so sad.

SportsDad

Quote from: JFSM on May 10, 2016, 08:53:49 am
I'm excited to see some amazing playoff games this week ! Game Im more excited to see is dardenelle vs warren in the 2nd round !
Yes. This might very well be the championship game being played in the second round. Winner of this game probably wins the whole thing. If it were not for some questionable calls and non-calls last Friday, this game would not be taking place until the championship game next Friday.

Galan

always88

Quote from: chaoslord on April 29, 2016, 10:03:55 am
Gentry seems to be in form so I would not be surprised if the final is a rematch from last year

Good call!

chaoslord

Quote from: always88 on May 14, 2016, 09:41:18 pm
Good call!

Now if only I could get them to put the same referee crew on it I'd be in business  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas