• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls Top Ten Teams?

Started by faith, April 06, 2016, 01:25:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

faith

Who is the top ten for the girls?

Jack1990

Galan

The Coach

April 07, 2016, 11:54:10 am #3 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:02:23 pm by The Coach
Shiloh and CAC are head and shoulders above everyone else

razorback

What about Gentry?  Did they lose a lot from last years state title team?

always88

Gentry lost 3 Sr's (1 key player on defense). Seems to have filled that spot, just waiting for the rest of their starters to return from injury.

The Coach

Quote from: razorback on April 07, 2016, 01:45:48 pm
What about Gentry?  Did they lose a lot from last years state title team?

Not even remotely close to the same team.

razorback

Quote from: The Coach on April 07, 2016, 11:54:10 am
Shiloh and CAC are head and shoulders above everyone else

Shiloh lost to Dardanelle...what was the game like? Something unforseen happen?

The Coach

Quote from: razorback on April 28, 2016, 10:20:34 pm
Shiloh lost to Dardanelle...what was the game like? Something unforseen happen?

Dardanelle may be the most improved team in 4A from the beginning of the season to now.

always88

The Coach

April 29, 2016, 07:50:12 am #10 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:53:49 am by The Coach

razorback

Warren VG 3  Episcopal Collegiate 2 (3-2 win in pks)

intense second half, episcopal scored with 4 minutes remaining, looked like it was over but Warren never quit and scored the equalizer with 39 seconds left in the half, then won in penalties.  They have to be considered in the top 5, where exactly is still up for debate.  They are looking to be a tough out at the state tournament for sure!

razorback

May 15, 2016, 04:36:50 pm #12 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:07:12 pm by razorback
Not a whole lot being said about the 4A girls tournament but I just wanted to say congratulations to Gentry and CAC for both reaching the finals.  I look forward to a good game between them again this year in the rematch from last year's final.  I saw a lot of soccer this weekend in Harrison and enjoyed all the girls compete from various schools.  The true positive about 4A soccer is seeing the kids work hard, dedicate themselves to being part of a team, and pushing each other to do their best in the biggest games of the season.

As I am a professed Warren "homer," I would also like to say congratulations to the Ladyjacks for their memorable season and for winning the 4-4A conference for the first time in their program's history.  Would have loved to see them play Gentry in the finals or Heber Springs in a consolation game as CAC seems to have their number every year.  Those girls play hard and are the very definition of what a team should be.  For a group of girls that had rarely seen a soccer ball until their freshmen year, they have come a long way.  Best news for us Ladyjack fans is that 8 out of 11 starters return next year, including their top scorers and goalkeeper.  Watch out 4A, 2017 is the year of the Ladyjacks!

Just for kicks and giggles, here is my top 5 teams including my prediction for the championship game:

1 CAC - very fast, handle the ball well, very well coached team.  Tough for many to hang with them, looks like they are on a mission.
2  Gentry - did not see them much this year but know it will be a tall task to defeat the defending state champions. They might be the most impressive team through the first three rounds of the tournament.
3 Warren - play hard, good team speed, and a never say die attitude.
4 Shiloh Christian - Played CAC tough, a very capable team that may make a run in 2017
5 Heber Springs - fast rising program that went undefeated in conference, looks like good things are in store for them as well.

State Final - CAC and Gentry battle it out.  CAC's passing, team speed, and overall skill provide a challenge for Gentry with CAC winning a close one 3 to 1.

razorback

well, I was one goal off...4 to 1 CAC...congratulations to both teams.  Looking forward to the 2017 season already.

always88

Congratulations and hats off to CAC! The better team won today! CAC executed a great game plan and exposed a weak backline defense! Congratulations to the Lady Pioneers for a 2nd place finish and a great season overall with the only loss in 4A coming to the 2016 Champions CAC!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas