• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Boys Top 10 Ranking

Started by Badger, April 03, 2016, 10:47:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

Quote from: Laird Williams on May 11, 2016, 05:00:41 pm
LOL - hey, man, let us recall that you were the one with the hair splitting, but fair enough: I beg your forgiveness. :D

I just got this  ;D.  Laird Williams you are right to call out my hypocrisy, so please I beg your forgiveness.  Is hypocrisy right or would another word work better?

Laird Williams

I thought it was great that you were matching me heckle for heckle. I say we join forces and roll up to Springdale and bust up that entirely possible all NWAR semis.  :P

Laird Williams

May 12, 2016, 12:30:09 pm #52 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:47:07 pm by Laird Williams
Quote from: Badger on April 16, 2016, 09:28:24 pm
My updated rankings after this weeks results.

1.  Springdale
2.  Rogers Heritage
3.  FS Northside
4.  Har-Ber (+2)
5.  Bentonville
6.  Rogers (-2)
7.  Fayetteville
8.  Conway (+1)
9.  Bryant (-1)
10. Catholic

Just pulling this over to page 2 for easier reference.

Edit: fixed per below instruction.  :)

Badger

May 12, 2016, 12:42:34 pm #53 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:47:02 pm by Badger
That's old news, please don't reference that.  I gave up trying to rank the 7A West.  However, I'll throw another top 10 out there for fun.  Laird Williams and anyone else please chime in.

1. Springdale
2. Rogers Heritage
3. Bentonville
4. Har-Ber
5. Rogers
6. Catholic
7. FS Northside
8. Fayetteville
9. Conway
10. LR Central

I don't think much separates the top 5 or the bottom 5, though.

Laird Williams

May 12, 2016, 12:51:09 pm #54 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:10:11 pm by Laird Williams
Hey, we made your top ten! I need to screen-shot that before we fall right back out again. What precipitated Bryant's fall from grace?

Anyone on here game-side today?

Badger

You sold me on Central's improvement over the course of the year, and Bryant did not fare too well as it got into conference play.  It's defense was pretty poor, giving up 9 goals to Catholic in two games.  So, they had to go.

Laird Williams

May 12, 2016, 02:09:12 pm #56 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:27:17 pm by Laird Williams
Rogers, #6 in MAXPREP's rankings, #5 on your list Badger, just squeaked by #17 ranked Cabot 1-0 to advance to the next round. Does that impact your rankings any?

Here's MAXPREP's expanded 6/7A rankings:
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/rankings/list.aspx?ssid=afbe8a79-8c37-4708-be37-fe93fb1837d4&statedivisionid=63d8b6ac-a3b4-433e-87c4-dae2620b63d0

Badger

Laird Williams

Alright then. (And see my slight edit above: Cabot did make the 7A rankings)

Badger

FS Northside 5 Conway 1 - Final.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Badger on May 12, 2016, 06:03:18 pm
FS Northside 5 Conway 1 - Final.

As I said earlier in this thread, rank them where you like. Pretty sure Conway was never the #1 team in Arkansas and #13 nationally that MaxPreps had them rated a few short weeks ago...

Badger

Well, I certainly don't think Conway should fall based on that result.  Let's be honest, Conway's been living on the edge all year, playing physical defense with lots of line shifts and relying on an offense primarily consisting of side-arm throw-ins into the box.  A good offensive team seems to have finally exposed them.

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Badger on May 12, 2016, 07:12:04 pm
Well, I certainly don't think Conway should fall based on that result.  Let's be honest, Conway's been living on the edge all year, playing physical defense with lots of line shifts and relying on an offense primarily consisting of side-arm throw-ins into the box.  A good offensive team seems to have finally exposed them.

And that team was the 6th seed, last team in from the West...

Laird Williams

Quote from: FutbolPhan on May 12, 2016, 06:46:10 pm
...Pretty sure Conway was never the #1 team in Arkansas and #13 nationally that MaxPreps had them rated a few short weeks ago...

<chuckle>

Badger

Today's results were a little unexpected, not in who won, but the scores.  Expected Rogers to win 5-1 and FS Northside 1-0, not the other way around.  The Har-Ber result was about right.

Laird Williams

Badger, please return Central to its appropriate place. .  :'(

Badger

Will do.  Hate to do it, but got to keep it real.  FWIW, Catholic's dropping, too.  Can't with a straight face have them above FS Northside after what I just saw.

Laird Williams

Quote from: Badger on May 13, 2016, 09:45:29 pm
Will do.  Hate to do it, but got to keep it real.  FWIW, Catholic's dropping, too.  Can't with a straight face have them above FS Northside after what I just saw.

The Springdale coaches consider FS Northside the best team in the state.

Badger

Quote from: Laird Williams on May 13, 2016, 09:50:08 pm
The Springdale coaches consider FS Northside the best team in the state.

Hard to argue.  They were good.  Springdale will be good for awhile - very young.  Overall, I felt Heritage had the most talent.  I think Rogers just had more in the tank at the end.  heck, they were all good - can see why they beat up on each other.

Laird Williams

May 13, 2016, 10:23:58 pm #69 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:13:23 pm by Laird Williams
My rankings after my crash-course in NWA soccer today, results be hanged and yes I proofed my numbering system:

1. Springdale
1. FS Northside
2. Rogers
2. Rogers Heritage
3. Fayetteville
3. Har-Ber
5. Bentonville
8. Conway
8. Catholic
10. Central Bryant

Badger

I'll play.

1. Springdale
1. FS Northside
1. Rogers Heritage
1. Rogers
5. Har-Ber
6. Bentonville
6. Catholic
8. Fayetteville
9. Conway
10. Bryant

I was going to have Fayetteville as a 6 too, but I'm reluctant to have three 6s due to religious beliefs.

Laird Williams

LOL that's the only "legitimate" reason not to.  :)

Laird Williams

Guys I spoke with up there rate Fayetteville over Bentonville, but Bentonville plays smart with what they have, I'll grant you. And you guys looked good against them. Kudos.

Badger

Quote from: Laird Williams on May 14, 2016, 08:46:07 am
Guys I spoke with up there rate Fayetteville over Bentonville, but Bentonville plays smart with what they have, I'll grant you. And you guys looked good against them. Kudos.

Bentonville 1 Rogers 0.  Final.  There you go, I guess that smart play paid off today.  I'm clueless in my assessment of 7A West teams, obviously.  That tenuous hand ball in the box call on Catholic is making me feel a little sicker now.

Laird Williams

May 14, 2016, 01:44:00 pm #74 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:46:17 pm by Laird Williams
Quote from: Badger on May 14, 2016, 12:17:44 pm
Bentonville 1 Rogers 0.  Final.  There you go, I guess that smart play paid off today.  I'm clueless in my assessment of 7A West teams, obviously.  That tenuous hand ball in the box call on Catholic is making me feel a little sicker now.

I didn't see that handball, but I heard about it from some of the Springdale coaches when we were watching us play. And funny: we got a handball in the box called on us too, on a tight ricochet that the best reflexes on earth could not have eluded. C'est la vie, I suppose.

I would not have picked Bentonville, but I heard again today (from a Ranger player) that their coach is excellent.

Badger

Quote from: Laird Williams on May 14, 2016, 01:44:00 pm
I would not have picked Bentonville, but I heard again today (from a Ranger player) that their coach is excellent.

Had I seen the play yesterday ahead of picking my bracket, I doubt I would have had them in the final.  I remember being impressed with their coach at last year's tourney, so felt they wouldn't choke or beat themselves.  He is a good coach.  He's got a British accent, so he's got to be good, right?

Laird Williams

Badger

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas