• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State at Nebraska

Started by Redwolves8526, August 29, 2017, 08:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

I'll be honest, I do not know much about Nebraska this year. But this game is somewhat intriguing. ASU should have a good defense with one of the better D-Line's I think we've had in a while. We'll also be returning QB Justice Hansen that hopes to see improvement. If this team comes together, I could see them running through the Sun Belt schedule. We just might start off 0-2 with Nebraska and Miami coming to town. Anyone think StAte has a shot this week?

Kickoff is at 7pm on the Big Ten Network.

beach bum

I always like how A State plays a game or two like this every year in non conference....

OB11

Quote from: beach bum on August 29, 2017, 09:54:16 am
I always like how A State plays a game or two like this every year in non conference....

I don't mind them playing these types of games. But at some point they've got to win one or two if they want to ever be taken seriously. Don't get me wrong, I love winning the Sun Belt but it would be nice to win some meaningful OOC games.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on August 29, 2017, 10:50:14 am
I don't mind them playing these types of games. But at some point they've got to win one or two if they want to ever be taken seriously. Don't get me wrong, I love winning the Sun Belt but it would be nice to win some meaningful OOC games.

Definitely think we have a much better chance this week as compared to the next week.

Redwolves8526

Almost upended Nebraska at their place. Throw was a bit too high on the last play of the game as the Redwolves tried to tie the game or take the lead. I'm not much for moral victories, but that was an impressive showing in Lincoln. Hansen with over 400 yards in the air and Warren Wand looked great running the ball.

Miami comes to Jonesboro this Saturday. I realize Miami is a completely different animal than Nebraska, but I'm hoping we keep it somewhat close. The 'Canes only opened up as 14 point favorites, which surprised me. Kickoff is at 2:30pm. For those of you that have never been to an ASU game, come check it out! The tailgaiting/game atmosphere should be fantastic. Go StAte!

The Green Arrow

I was most impressed with the offensive line vs. Nebraska. Most people that keep up with the program knew that that was probably the weakest/most unknown part of our team going into the season;that said, the offensive line looked like they'd been playing together for 4 years. I was very pleased with basically every part of our offense. Defensively I feel that we could've tackled better but not too bad. I'm excited to watch this team this season as I feel that with Anderson calling the plays  mixed with the talent we have, that our offense has a chance to be record breaking.

OB11

Quote from: The Green Arrow on September 05, 2017, 12:35:29 pm
I was most impressed with the offensive line vs. Nebraska. Most people that keep up with the program knew that that was probably the weakest/most unknown part of our team going into the season;that said, the offensive line looked like they'd been playing together for 4 years. I was very pleased with basically every part of our offense. Defensively I feel that we could've tackled better but not too bad. I'm excited to watch this team this season as I feel that with Anderson calling the plays  mixed with the talent we have, that our offense has a chance to be record breaking.

I thought the tackling was the weak spot of the game for ASU. That should get better as the season goes on. Overall that was about as good of an outcome as we could have hoped for. If we would have scored that last touchdown I would have been surprised if we didn't try for the win.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on September 05, 2017, 12:40:14 pm
I thought the tackling was the weak spot of the game for ASU. That should get better as the season goes on. Overall that was about as good of an outcome as we could have hoped for. If we would have scored that last touchdown I would have been surprised if we didn't try for the win.

Tackling was definitely an issue. Way too many yards after contact. Had a lot of opportunities for TFL's and would let them slip out of it.

Redwolves8526

The game got cancelled this weekend. Very unfortunate.

OB11

Biggest game ever to be played in Jonesboro...that stinks. Hope everyone down there stays safe though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas