• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier Girls Job

Started by bodiddley, March 04, 2018, 01:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bodiddley

What's the story with this opening

croboostbusted

They've been down for a long time. They need someone to come in and start at the 3rd grade level.

CCEAGLES22

What conference will they be in next year?

croboostbusted

5A-West
Greenwood, Vilonia, Beebe, LRCA, Russellville, Siloam Springs, Alma, Greenbrier

razorbackhog

Who all has applied, have they started interviews yet?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: razorbackhog on March 13, 2018, 10:20:04 am
Who all has applied, have they started interviews yet?
They didn't keep this posted very long, I would assume they already had it planned out who they wanted to hire or are filling from within.

SackAttack

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 13, 2018, 01:30:16 pm
They didn't keep this posted very long, I would assume they already had it planned out who they wanted to hire or are filling from within.
They need to go after the Simon guy from Wonderview! Needs to move up and prove at the next level! Plus I'm sure it would be a monstrous raise!

Neckred

Quote from: croboostbusted on March 13, 2018, 09:07:46 am
5A-West
Greenwood, Vilonia, Beebe, LRCA, Russellville, Siloam Springs, Alma, Greenbrier
Brutal conference for next year WOW

BrierDad

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 13, 2018, 01:30:16 pm

The job is still posted on the website as of today and they didn't make a hire at last nights board meeting.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BrierDad on March 14, 2018, 06:05:45 pm
The job is still posted on the website as of today and they didn't make a hire at last nights board meeting.
You are correct. I see it on AAA website now, I thought it was originally on the AAEA website and didn't see it anymore.

4real

I don't think they've been very competitive since running terry smith off about ten years ago

hogman1886

FromTheBench

Still no update here? You would think this would be sealed up by now considering that Greenbrier is seen as a great place to live and work. Wonder if they're being too picky with the interview process? Sounds like anyone could come in and do what the last coach did.

razorbackhog

Payton Edmondson is the new girls coach at Greenbrier.  He has been the JR Girls Coach at Valley View the last 2-3 years.  This will be his first head high school girls coaching job.

cannon

Quote from: razorbackhog on April 10, 2018, 08:22:25 am
Payton Edmondson is the new girls coach at Greenbrier.  He has been the JR Girls Coach at Valley View the last 2-3 years.  This will be his first head high school girls coaching job.

Edmondson was an assistant coach for the Walnut Ridge girls program before hiring in as head jr high coach at V.V., in the Fall of 2016.  He has also been an assistant football coach at Valley View.  I've seen a reference to him being a "football guy" on this website.  In actuality, I suspect he's more of a "baseball guy."  He was a scholarship baseball athlete for Williams Baptist. 

scrapdig

Quote from: cannon on April 11, 2018, 08:59:49 am
Edmondson was an assistant coach for the Walnut Ridge girls program before hiring in as head jr high coach at V.V., in the Fall of 2016.  He has also been an assistant football coach at Valley View.  I've seen a reference to him being a "football guy" on this website.  In actuality, I suspect he's more of a "baseball guy."  He was a scholarship baseball athlete for Williams Baptist.
Definetely don't want a baseball guy coaching basketball

brock

Hard to believe there were some bigger names for this one. Do schools not reach out to potential coaches anymore?

Brucewayne

Greenbrier has become more of a softball school and less of a basketball school.  The facilities are nice, but kids that are serious in that area seem to find themselves at Conway, Vilonia, or other schools around.

Ballislife1

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 17, 2018, 11:18:50 am
Greenbrier has become more of a softball school and less of a basketball school.  The facilities are nice, but kids that are serious in that area seem to find themselves at Conway, Vilonia, or other schools around.
I disagree. The boys program has completely been changed around from what it's been. I do agree with the girls side of program.

LeftyWorld

Which is a shame. They have the athletes, and a perfect location to pull from surrounding schools. They just need a coach in there who takes building a program serious and kids like to play for. Hopefully this new hire will be that guy.

Brucewayne

I didn't say anything about the boys program as the thread was about the girl's program.   But since you brought it up......How has Simmons turned the program around?  Do you mean numbers of boys coming out?  Are you referring to the culture of the program? 

Ballislife1

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 18, 2018, 11:22:08 am
I didn't say anything about the boys program as the thread was about the girl's program.   But since you brought it up......How has Simmons turned the program around?  Do you mean numbers of boys coming out?  Are you referring to the culture of the program?
Yes, I'm talking about the culture as well as number of kids coming out. Before he got there they went a number of years where they won 1-2 conference games a year.. They just won their first conference championship in 35 years... back to back state tournament appearances. The number of fans that have started to come to games has increased. I would say that the state they are in now than what they were in has been a complete change. I like the guy and thinks he does a great job, being from Greenbrier I may be biased, but its hard to deny

Brucewayne

Well hopefully the new girls coach will do for the program what you think that the boys coach has done. 
Personally, I thought that Greenbrier girls were very competitive under Coach Smith.  The powers that be over there screwed up by not hiring Weidower and from there it has been terrible.

Ballislife1

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 19, 2018, 01:49:02 pm
Well hopefully the new girls coach will do for the program what you think that the boys coach has done. 
Personally, I thought that Greenbrier girls were very competitive under Coach Smith.  The powers that be over there screwed up by not hiring Weidower and from there it has been terrible.
Greenbrier politics has and will probably always be a problem

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas