• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FL 7-on7

Started by FBfan79, July 17, 2014, 02:04:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

For you Smack fans...

July 19th
Pool A:
Lake Hamilton
Mt Ida
Gurdon
Smackover
Dierks

Pool B:
Fountain Lake
Cutter Morning Star
Danville
Benton
Two Rivers

Proud Buckaroo

Awesome! Let me know the turn out.

FBfan79

July 19, 2014, 04:25:26 pm #2 Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:29:52 pm by FBfan79
The Roos lost in the Semifinals to the eventual winner... Benton.  I don't think Benton lost a game all day.  Beat FL twice.. Once in pool play and in finals.

Semis
Benton over Smack
Fountain Lake over Lake Hamilton

Finals
Benton over Fountain Lake

WPWells

Shocked that Fountain Lake lost. I saw the cheating that went on down there last year

FBfan79

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 19, 2014, 05:10:51 pm
Shocked that Fountain Lake lost. I saw the cheating that went on down there last year

You mean when you brought your broken stopwatch? 

And did you get it fixed?

WPWells

Why do you think Charleston didn't come back and FL didn't come to Charleston's 7 on 7?

WPWells

The worst example was in a game that didn't even involve Charleston. It was the semifinal between Mayflower and FL

FBfan79

An almighty Charleston fan has spoken. Bentonville who? LOL I'm sorry you felt cheated.

WPWells

Not here to talk about the past. That's not the point of this thread. However, I have one thought to leave you with

At the Charleston 7 on 7
Charleston wins, FL goes out in the quarterfinals after drawing the 8 seed. Not a very good showing by the Cobras

In FL two weeks later
FL wins the whole thing

Something wrong with this picture

FBfan79

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 19, 2014, 05:39:56 pm
Not here to talk about the past. That's not the point of this thread. However, I have one thought to leave you with

At the Charleston 7 on 7
Charleston wins, FL goes out in the quarterfinals after drawing the 8 seed. Not a very good showing by the Cobras

In FL two weeks later
FL wins the whole thing

Something wrong with this picture

FL got cheated at Charleston? Or maybe its just 7on7?  I'll let you ponder on that. Good luck this year my friend.

Oldbadger

I don't know anything about the previous years, but, this year, I was impressed by some of the smaller schools;  Dierks, Smackover, Danville and Fountain Lake.  All should be able to pass in their respective conferences.  Fountain Lake pushed Benton in the finals, but a pick by Benton shut the door on them and they weren't able to catch up.  Benton's Dbacks did a pretty good job of covering the fast receivers from Smack.  On another note, Benton was playing without their starting QB who had to be somewhere else this weekend.  Benton got into the tournament late.  Moved a Running back/Slot receiver there today.  Did a pretty fair job.

Gotcha

Does FL still run the wing-t? How impressive are they supposed to be at 7on7?

Proud Buckaroo

How many loses did Smackover have?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Gotcha on July 19, 2014, 07:11:08 pm
It being 7 on 7 I didn't notice them lining up in the Wing.  They seemed to sometimes line up with only four receivers and two setbacks.  But it was difficult to tell any specific alignment.  I was impressed with them.  They really pushed Benton, like I said, until Benton got a pick.  That put the score at 23 to 14.  They seemingly were driving for the tieing score when the pick came.  That gave Benton the ball.  Benton scored again with only a few minutes left to hold on for the win.  I was impressed specifically by the throwing of the QB and the speed of the receivers, not lightning speed, but good speed.  They also could catch the ball well.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 19, 2014, 07:28:29 pm
I'm not sure, but it seemed they had only one until the semis where they lost to Benton.  Overall they had some of the fastest receivers there, but were covered well by Benton.  I like them in the passing game and should do well in that respect in their conference.

Gotcha

Quote from: Oldbadger on July 19, 2014, 08:00:06 pm
It being 7 on 7 I didn't notice them lining up in the Wing.  They seemed to sometimes line up with only four receivers and two setbacks.  But it was difficult to tell any specific alignment.  I was impressed with them.  They really pushed Benton, like I said, until Benton got a pick.  That put the score at 23 to 14.  They seemingly were driving for the tieing score when the pick came.  That gave Benton the ball.  Benton scored again with only a few minutes left to hold on for the win.  I was impressed specifically by the throwing of the QB and the speed of the receivers, not lightning speed, but good speed.  They also could catch the ball well.
maybe they should break the t sometimes. Put a tight end in the slot. Maybe run the double wing.

FBfan79

July 20, 2014, 10:16:25 am #16 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:19:11 am by FBfan79
Quote from: Gotcha on July 19, 2014, 11:21:46 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on July 19, 2014, 08:00:06 pm
maybe they should break the t sometimes. Put a tight end in the slot. Maybe run the double wing.

We had a good passing game this year. 

FBfan79

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 19, 2014, 07:28:29 pm

I think they only lost to Lake Hamilton and Benton.  They looked good. Oldbadgers assessment was spot on.

The_Devil_Himself

Was Gurdon in this? If so, how did they look?

Proud Buckaroo

Hey, Devil.

Smackover and Gurdon play week 2. Do you think the go devils has what it takes?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 28, 2014, 06:12:30 pm
Hey, Devil.
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 28, 2014, 06:12:30 pm
Hey, Devil.

Smackover and Gurdon play week 2. Do you think the go devils has what it takes?
Didn't pay too much attention to Gurdon, but did see one or two games.  I wasn't impressed with the passing game.  They have a couple of good athletes for recievers but the QB was having difficulty hitting them.  I don't look for Gurdon to beat Smackover unless they are better at running the ball. Smackover has some speeding recievers and the QB can hit them often. 

-Painted Fan-

Gurdon could start out the season 0-4 (Prescott, Smackover, Glen Rose, and Dierks) and still will likely finish 2nd in their conference. A new coach after 23 years also leaves some questions.

KOJACK

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on July 28, 2014, 08:47:59 pm
Gurdon could start out the season 0-4 (Prescott, Smackover, Glen Rose, and Dierks) and still will likely finish 2nd in their conference. A new coach after 23 years also leaves some questions.
I heard they were down to like 25 kids.

Gotcha

Gurdon or glen rose?

snoopy22

Gurdon is down to 25 is what he was saying.  I heard GR is down to 30.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas