• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Games of the Regular Season

Started by -Painted Fan-, July 13, 2014, 11:26:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Just looking over everyone's schedules. I know that every game is important, but some of these stuck out a little more than others.
What games do you have circled on your calendar?

Week 1: Charleston vs. Shiloh Christian, Smackover @ Junction City, Fordyce @ Rison, Malvern @ Glen Rose, Prescott @ Gurdon

Week 2: Booneville @ Dardanelle, Earle @ Rivercrest, Gurdon @ Smackover

Week 3: Heber Springs @ Harding Academy, Ozark @ Charleston, Glen Rose @ Gurdon

Week 4:

Week 5: Harding Academy @  Barton,  ECS @ Prescott

Week 6: Barton @ Mayflower, Booneville @ Lamar, Rivercrest @ Hoxie

Week 7: Lamar @ Charleston, Smackover @ Fordyce, Glen Rose @ Prescott

Week 8: West Fork @ Elkins

Week 9: Booneville @ Charleston, Smackover @ McGehee

Week 10: Glen Rose @ ECS, McGehee @ Fordyce, Rivercrest @ Osceola

Pastureboy21

The games between ECS, Prescott, and Glen Rose will be the deciding factor for the 3a-5. Possible three way tie in the making...

jr17

Smack @ JC sounds like it could have the potential to be a great game.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has some pretty big games this season.

KOJACK

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on July 13, 2014, 12:18:26 pm
The games between ECS, Prescott, and Glen Rose will be the deciding factor for the 3a-5. Possible three way tie in the making...
Don't count on it.

AnotherTurfMonkey

Rumor is.

If Prescott had a defense they would win hands down.

Gotcha

Am i the only one who thinks week 1&2 are just glorified practices? How could they be "big" if they dont effect the outcome of anything?

crmorrow24

Quote from: KOJACK on July 13, 2014, 05:46:52 pm
Don't count on it.
Jessiville might give us a better game than these two teams.

KOJACK

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on July 13, 2014, 10:49:40 pm
Rumor is.

And if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. Tell us something about prescott's defense.

Hootie

Quote from: KOJACK on July 14, 2014, 01:53:49 pm
Rumor is.

And if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. Tell us something about prescott's defense.

+100

Footballfanatic14

Quote from: Gotcha on July 14, 2014, 01:09:20 pm
Am i the only one who thinks week 1&2 are just glorified practices? How could they be "big" if they dont effect the outcome of anything?
The first couple of weeks can be huge for a teams confidence good or bad. Also to say they are glorified practices? A Friday night football game was never like practice to me..

HorseFeathers

Drew Central vs Genoa Central....The battle of the Centrals!

Hoghead

Quote from: HF on July 15, 2014, 12:51:51 am
Drew Central vs Genoa Central....The battle of the Centrals!

This game should be played at a CENTRAL location. Monticello to Texarkana is a long drive to the woods of Miller County ! Play it El Dorado or Camden.

Hoghead

Nashville vs Hope September 5th. Over 90 years of the Scrappers vs the Bobcats. One of the oldest rivalries in the state.

Hope vs Camden Fairview.....This could get ugly !
Hope vs Watson Chapel.......  This will be a shoot out !
White Hall vs Hope........ Bulldogs not to happy about last years loss to the Cats at White Hall.

WPWells

You're on the 3A board. No one cares about Hope's big games

Gotcha

Quote from: Footballfanatic14 on July 14, 2014, 07:18:16 pm
The first couple of weeks can be huge for a teams confidence good or bad. Also to say they are glorified practices? A Friday night football game was never like practice to me..
so, if your team is primed to win state and you play up in classification week 1&2 to gain experience, and you lose those gamds, you would tell the team that wasnt for practice, and they are now considered losers by thier conference without having played a single conference game?

Hoghead

OLDSCHOOL82

I agree with the big games you have down painted fan.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 14, 2014, 01:34:05 pm
Don't count on it.
hahaha I hope your players think the same....

crmorrow24

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on July 15, 2014, 12:44:06 pm
Don't count on it.
I got a feeling they won't.  They have got a chip on their sholders from the last meetings between the Wildcats and Beavers.  Prescott should roll through conference, seeing how the schudule was laid out this year.  But the scary thing is Prescott will be better the next 3 years. 

Footballfanatic14

Quote from: Gotcha on July 15, 2014, 09:39:25 am
Quote from: Footballfanatic14 on July 14, 2014, 07:18:16 pm
so, if your team is primed to win state and you play up in classification week 1&2 to gain experience, and you lose those gamds, you would tell the team that wasnt for practice, and they are now considered losers by thier conference without having played a single conference game?
No you may get better in that game, but its a game it counts.. It's not practice. You may gain experience and get better as a team in that GAME but its not practice even it if serves the same purpose. Playing up in classification and losing isn't a big deal unless the team hangs their heads on that loss and doesn't believe they can win anymore. Then that can hurt their entire season if they let it...

Coltfan2005

Rumor is.

How are you so sure she doesn't?

Pastureboy21

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 15, 2014, 01:20:22 pm
Don't count on it.
I got a feeling they won't.  They have got a chip on their sholders from the last meetings between the Wildcats and Beavers.  Prescott should roll through conference, seeing how the schudule was laid out this year.  But the scary thing is Prescott will be better the next 3 years.
What makes them so able to roll through the conference considering they lost to an air raid offense when it was 40 degrees, raining, and windy?

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 15, 2014, 05:22:34 pm
Rumor is.

How are you so sure she doesn't?
I've checked :o... Don't judge me, she was my step-aunt...

crmorrow24

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on July 15, 2014, 06:26:34 pm
Don't count on it.
What makes them so able to roll through the conference considering they lost to an air raid offense when it was 40 degrees, raining, and windy?
Do you remember what the Curley Wolves did to the Wildcats two years ago, let me remind you....you are coming to our house this year another beat down is looming the Wildcats.

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 16, 2014, 04:04:52 am
Quote from: Pastureboy21 on July 15, 2014, 06:26:34 pm
Don't count on it.
Do you remember what the Curley Wolves did to the Wildcats two years ago, let me remind you....you are coming to our house this year another beat down is looming the Wildcats.
You don't have to remind us of that game cr. Remember it all too well. But that was two years ago. Last year was a little different; not a blowout of course but Wildcats seemed to control that game from start to finish, could easily have been a 3 score difference.
So this year's game is the only one that matters now. I realize Prescott should be better this year, older and more experienced. I think we will be as good as last year, but have to see how a couple of key replacements will perform in actual game situations. We'll know better after a few games. At any rate, I sure don't expect a beat down for either team.

crmorrow24

You are right, that was two years ago and we were loaded that year.  Should have won state that year if we didn't get robbed at Glen Rose by those Redneck refs.  Here's to a great game this year.  Prescott 42- Wildcats 21. 

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 16, 2014, 01:14:06 pm
You are right, that was two years ago and we were loaded that year.  Should have won state that year if we didn't get robbed at Glen Rose by those Redneck refs.  Here's to a great game this year.  Prescott 42- Wildcats 21.
I will withold my prediction until week of the game- too chicken to put it out yet. But I don't expect it to be that lopsided. And I don't expect 42 pts by the Wolves.

crmorrow24

Quote from: cdelaney on July 16, 2014, 02:08:31 pm
I will withold my prediction until week of the game- too chicken to put it out yet. But I don't expect it to be that lopsided. And I don't expect 42 pts by the Wolves.
That prediction was a joke, just seeing what you would say.  I expect a good game from both teams.  IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET??????

KOJACK

This years Curley Wolf squad will resemble the one from 2 years ago rather than last years. I know you guys aren't the same team as 2 years ago as well, but I think the Wolves will be too much for y'all this year IMO.

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on July 16, 2014, 02:39:12 pm
That prediction was a joke, just seeing what you would say.  I expect a good game from both teams.  IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET??????
Really- still 6 weeks till first game, ridiculous. But I am sure you were into the World Cup? Did that help any?

crmorrow24

A little.  SEC Media days got the blood flowing again.

Jalkuranis

I fully expect a loaded Prescott team to somehow get "cheated" and not make it to the finals again.

Chief_Osceola™

Week 9 - Booneville v. Charleston.

Biggest game of the year in class 3A. It's also a preview of the state championship game.

Jalkuranis

Completely agree. Can't wait for it!

adaptedtigerfan

It's not a preview of the state championship game.....  Since the AAA is so ignorant it will be a preview of the quarter finals game.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 23, 2014, 06:44:40 am
It's not a preview of the state championship game.....  Since the AAA is so ignorant it will be a preview of the quarter finals game.

It shouldn't be, since the 1 seed from a conference should be on the opposite side as the 2 seed.  But I get what you're saying, and you're probably right.

HorseFeathers

are you kidding charleston and booneville will play in the second round :) 

crmorrow24

Quote from: HF on July 23, 2014, 10:34:11 am
Wow, so my Curley Wolves could make it to the final this year.  Awesome, thanks AAA. 

cdelaney

Quote from: HF on July 23, 2014, 10:34:11 am
Last year they had Chuck and Lamar (1st and 2nd in conf 4) on the same side of the bracket but they could not have met until semis. Since Lamar lost in 1st round to Barton, it didn't matter. Also 1st and 2nd in Conf 1 were on same side, also could not have met until semi's. All other 1st and 2nds were on opposite sides of brackets. Have no idea why they didn't separate them in 1 or 4. Seems like a simple thing?

Hootie

09/26/2014   Drew Central @ Lake Village/Lakeside/Eudora

Someone's 0 has got to go!!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas