• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens

Started by Pastureboy21, June 23, 2014, 07:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 01, 2014, 09:12:59 pm
That 27-6 score in the playoffs was 27-0 till .5 seconds left in the game.  That was the worst rain in the past century.  Charleston had more drops in that game than any all year.  Without dropped passes that game was 35-42 to ZERO...    Now, I have no beef with anyone from McGehee and I would love to play them again....  My son had his best game of the year against them.

Oh, I see that you feel as if the moisture effected the tigers performance as for as dropped pass attempts ?

I must say I tend to agree with you, strange though that one of your local  MOUTH PIECES tried to totally DE-BUNK my theory on this subject as I was trying to have a conversation with Miss goldeelox about Smackovers UNSUCCESSFUL passing game in the semi"s against GR  during a horrific tropical like cyclonish nightmare...............know i see he is DE-BUNKING your theory also,

Online -Painted Fan-

All Star
    [clap] [slap]
    And it's another Charleston Tiger FIRSTDOWN!!!
        View Profile
        Personal Message (Online)

Re: Hootens
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

It rained in over half of the games last fall. It didn't stop Charleston from passing for more than 4,200 yards and 52 touchdowns.

bigcat72

What's the point. Chuck town was at least 3 scores better than any team in the state on any surface in any weather.

BUCK FEVER

July 02, 2014, 12:00:00 am #102 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:16:17 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: bigcat72 on July 01, 2014, 11:47:35 pm
What's the point. Chuck town was at least 3 scores better than any team in the state on any surface in any weather.

yes, and I had already said that, you must be only reading some post but not all the post.

Not trying to change the subject, but in your opinion which fans Do you think are the most arrogant ???

adaptedtigerfan

I know the fan that is painted. And he will agree that water & passing don't go well together, but I think he was saying its not a 50pt seperation.   

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 02, 2014, 05:39:37 am
I know the fan that is painted. And he will agree that water & passing don't go well together, but I think he was saying its not a 50pt seperation.

AGREED, BUT IT COULD BE A 14 TO 24 POINT DIFFERENCE.............MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT NO WAY IN NORMAL CONDITIONS GR WAS 30 POINTS BETTER THAN SMACKOVER LAST YEAR.

ALTHOUGH I WAS THE FIRST TO ADMIT THAT THE BEST TEAM WON THAT GAME.

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 02, 2014, 06:42:55 am

AGREED, BUT IT COULD BE A 14 TO 24 POINT DIFFERENCE.............MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT NO WAY IN NORMAL CONDITIONS GR WAS 30 POINTS BETTER THAN SMACKOVER LAST YEAR.

Smackover pulled a Smackover in that game. I don't care if it was a hurricane, with the talent y'all had that shouldn't have been a game. Gr was good, but y'all were superior and blew it. Did y'all jump from the spread to the bone then back to the spread ???

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on July 02, 2014, 06:57:18 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 02, 2014, 06:42:55 am

Smackover pulled a Smackover in that game. I don't care if it was a hurricane, with the talent y'all had that shouldn't have been a game. Gr was good, but y'all were superior and blew it. Did y'all jump from the spread to the bone then back to the spread ???

Honestly the Buckaroos looked like a hand full of DIARRHEA on that particular night..................in my opinion the bucks were beat by a better team, but not a 30 point better team,  that GR team is now history, that young buck team is still in tact and will only get better this year  and next year, if these 2 meet again in the next couple years you will see a different outcome.

OLDSCHOOL82

Everyone take a moment and just imagine that in your head.  A HAND FULL OF DIARRHEA!!

cuckoobird

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 02, 2014, 10:07:54 am
Everyone take a moment and just imagine that in your head.  A HAND FULL OF DIARRHEA!!
good point oldschool. It's hard to have a handful of diarrhea, pun intended

Gotcha

Teachable moment......a pun is a play on words. Aka one word has multiple meanings so that the sentence makes sense two diferrent ways. Ex. Where there are four irishmen there is a fifth.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gotcha on July 02, 2014, 11:06:35 am
Teachable moment......a pun is a play on words. Aka one word has multiple meanings so that the sentence makes sense two diferrent ways. Ex. Where there are four irishmen there is a fifth.
teachable moment.....smart people shouldn't pick on dumb people.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on July 02, 2014, 11:19:27 am
thanks oldman  :P ok oxymoron intended, excuse me, and if that still isn't right well sorry

Gotcha

cuckoobird

Gotcha

Its actually a shi**y metaphor. Pun intended.

adaptedtigerfan

Mun, dun, lun, tun, wannagun, pun.... Just tryin to hava lil fun.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Gotcha on July 02, 2014, 12:42:22 pm
Its actually a shi**y metaphor. Pun intended.
lmbo ok thanks for the English lesson

Gotcha

Quote from: Oldman on July 02, 2014, 11:19:27 am
im starting to understand what you mean

cdelaney

BUCK FEVER

Sorry I mentioned it......we have now lost all football conversations

Gotcha

July 02, 2014, 03:35:15 pm #120 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:37:26 pm by Gotcha
Semi-new conversation for you. Lamar being ranked number 4 in the 3a is a handful of diarrhea.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Gotcha on July 02, 2014, 03:35:15 pm
Semi-new conversation for you. Lamar being ranked number 4 in the 3a is a handful of diarrhea.

First off, +1 because that made me chuckle.  Secondly, I am fairly new and green to the 3A boards.  What team do you support?  I only know the connections of a few.  I am for Booneville.

Gotcha

Well, welcome to the 3a board. Thanks for the clap. I doubt everyone is clapping for your encouragment of my sarcasm. Lol......im a mcgehee owl fan. You know, the guys who were hated as the former 4a school before the "state champs" showed up.

bigcat72

GOTCHA must be compensating for something he is short on by trash talking Lamar. I guess it is a double whammy being from McGehee as well. 

Gotcha

Quote from: bigcat72 on July 02, 2014, 04:27:31 pm
GOTCHA must be compensating for something he is short on by trash talking Lamar. I guess it is a double whammy being from McGehee as well.
sorry i cant respond to everything you said. Yourrunonsentencesconfusedme. Honestly, for the price of a hootens book, it upsets me that i have to read crap that i would expect to read from some ignorant poster on FF instead of fact based information.

Gotcha

Oldschool, youre from booneville, so you know good football. Can you explain to this dufus what i mean about lamar being about 10 spots ahead of where they should be?

KOJACK

For Lamar to be ranked ahead of Smackover, Fordyce, McGehee, rivercrest, ec$, or Prescott is a joke. And you coulda added glen rose before the injury. Lamar will finish 3rd or 4th in conf and be lucky to win one playoff game and no chance to win two.

Gotcha

Quote from: KOJACK on July 02, 2014, 06:11:46 pm
For Lamar to be ranked ahead of Smackover, Fordyce, McGehee, rivercrest, ec$, or Prescott is a joke. And you coulda added glen rose before the injury. Lamar will finish 3rd or 4th in conf and be lucky to win one playoff game and no chance to win two.
+2 as soon as i get a chance to click the second one. Lol

OLDSCHOOL82

I honestly can not make a realistic ranking as of now.  I have only seen a few 3A teams play regularly and know what they are about and what they have.  The only thing I know about Lamar is roughly what style of football they may play as their coach is an old Booneville graduate.  Other than that I can only go by scores, etc.  I am reading up on the members of 3A and will give my opinions at a later date. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 02, 2014, 09:55:45 pm
I honestly can not make a realistic ranking as of now.  I have only seen a few 3A teams play regularly and know what they are about and what they have.  The only thing I know about Lamar is roughly what style of football they may play as their coach is an old Booneville graduate.  Other than that I can only go by scores, etc.  I am reading up on the members of 3A and will give my opinions at a later date. 

If his teams at Magazine were any hint, I'd imagine that Jones throws it more than Booneville does...

OLDSCHOOL82

Yes he does.  He came up under a different coach than we have now but it was still very similar.  It is hard to run Boonevilles offense at say magazine where you may only have 20 or so kids.  The ground a pound takes a toll.  I'm curious to see what his base offense and defenses are and what wrinkles he uses out of them.  I haven't a clue if Lamar at the moment.  Believe it or not at times we have passed more than you would think.  That's been awhile though!

Gotcha

Any good coach varies his play calling balance toward where his talent lies.

OLDSCHOOL82

Very true.  The chambers twins helped him tremendously at magazine.  They where very talented for 2A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 02, 2014, 10:03:50 pm
Yes he does.  He came up under a different coach than we have now but it was still very similar.  It is hard to run Boonevilles offense at say magazine where you may only have 20 or so kids.  The ground a pound takes a toll.  I'm curious to see what his base offense and defenses are and what wrinkles he uses out of them.  I haven't a clue if Lamar at the moment.  Believe it or not at times we have passed more than you would think.  That's been awhile though!

He had 30ish during the state title run....That year though he had kids in the backfield that'd get playing time/starting at probably 99% of the schools in 2A-3A...

FlexBone ground and pound, missed with 5 wide spread option is what I remember the most...but I'm also guessing he doesn't have 2 kids at QB and WR that are the same caliber has Ryan and cory chambers were at Magazine...

Hoghead

I saw Lamar at Prescott a few years ago in the playoffs. Prescott put them on the bus early. It got real ugly for Lamar !

Hootie

Quote from: Hoghead on July 02, 2014, 10:32:52 pm

I saw Lamar at Prescott a few years ago in the playoffs. Prescott put them on the bus early. It got real ugly for Lamar !

It's Lamar....

DeeGee

Oh, I see that you feel as if the moisture effected the tigers performance as for as dropped pass attempts ?

I must say I tend to agree with you, strange though that one of your local  MOUTH PIECES tried to totally DE-BUNK my theory on this subject as I was trying to have a conversation with Miss GOLDEELOX about Smackovers UNSUCCESSFUL passing game in the semi"s against GR  during a horrific tropical like cyclonish nightmare..............
[/quote]

Really? GOLDEELOX? Ummmm no sir. It Ms. Goldie. Please can you not call me outside my name when referencing me. While I do agree the conditions were terrible, I also pointed out that Charleston played in the same conditions that night and overcame the elements and won. I agree that, yes the weather would've made it worse for you all and thanks for the credit that the better team won. Not once have I disrespected you by calling you outside your name, I'd like the same respect. Trust me I personally know there are GR posters that make it hard to respect GR fans. I promise we are not all alike. I have have Smackover several props on several boards, you guys were tough. With that being said, is it possible for you to be respectful? Thank you. Have a good day sir.

AnotherTurfMonkey

You can tell that Smackovee has never amounted for much more than a hill of beans...  They don't know how to handle success.  (At least act like you have been there before.)

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on July 03, 2014, 06:00:24 am
You can tell that Smackovee has never amounted for much more than a hill of beans...  They don't know how to handle success.  (At least act like you have been there before.)

And you base that comment because of one poster ?? ..........please show me one disrespectful sir from smackover  other than myself ?...........bottom line is............I'am the only sir from smackover............the others are very nice , very normal folks , you are profiling .

your comment proves you to have  a  narrow and shallow mind.

Hootie

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 03, 2014, 06:38:31 am

And you base that comment because of one poster ?? ..........please show me one disrespectful sir from smackover  other than myself ?...........bottom line is............I'am the only sir from smackover............the others are very nice , very normal folks , you are profiling .

Did the village idiot just call himself out for being the village idiot?

OLDSCHOOL82

I love it how pre season rankings gets everyones panties in a wad.  You do know they dont mean diddly squat right?  Also, why do so many people get so angry when someone gives their opinion on where a certain team is ranked in their own mind?  This is an open forum correct?  We are still two months away from any games.  Their are so many variables that can affect how a team will do during the season.  Chill out! Now back to the bickering.

Hootie

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 03, 2014, 08:31:20 am
I love it how pre season rankings gets everyones panties in a wad.  You do know they dont mean diddly squat right?  Also, why do so many people get so angry when someone gives their opinion on where a certain team is ranked in their own mind?  This is an open forum correct?  We are still two months away from any games.  Their are so many variables that can affect how a team will do during the season.  Chill out! Now back to the bickering.

Get out of here with your logic and correctness. We only post garbage here!  8)

adaptedtigerfan

This guy is from Booneville he doesn't understand.   :0)

WPWells

I haven't seen one poster yet complain about Charleston being #2 because we know that that will work itself out on Halloween

adaptedtigerfan

As well as we should be #2.....  Booneville is 4A state champs and we are 3A...  Highr classification should go ahead and get higher ranking.   

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 03, 2014, 08:57:26 am
I haven't seen one poster yet complain about Charleston being #2 because we know that that will work itself out on Halloween

I cant speak for everyone because i'm not sure there are any other booneville posters trolling around at this time of year but i never really get into rankings.  I wont rank them pre season or as the season progresses. I could care less what any paper, magazine, or user thinks on the positions.  I usually only give my predictions one week at a time but i will make an exception for my upchucktown neighbors to the north.  Cats will ROOOOOLLLLLLL the tiggers!  Did you hear me raise my voice?

Hootie

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 03, 2014, 09:04:08 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 03, 2014, 08:57:26 am

I cant speak for everyone because i'm not sure there are any other booneville posters trolling around at this time of year but i never really get into rankings.  I wont rank them pre season or as the season progresses. I could care less what any paper, magazine, or user thinks on the positions.  I usually only give my predictions one week at a time but i will make an exception for my upchucktown neighbors to the north.  Cats will ROOOOOLLLLLLL the tiggers!  Did you hear me raise my voice?

Nah man it was pretty quiet down here.

Jimbo Morphis

truer words have never been spoken. everyone is playing for 2nd this year anyway. charleston rolls through this season undefeated.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Hootie on July 03, 2014, 07:59:25 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on July 03, 2014, 06:38:31 am

Did the village idiot just call himself out for being the village idiot?

Weak minds would think so................but then again weak minds are easy to control.

OLDSCHOOL82

July 03, 2014, 10:43:34 am #149 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:45:58 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: Oldman on July 03, 2014, 10:37:58 am
truer words have never been spoken. everyone is playing for 2nd this year anyway. charleston rolls through this season undefeated.

Good try at getting my BP pumping there oldman.  Just gonna let that roll off.  Hope your owls can break the top 10.  Unless that was sarcasm and if so +1 and i take back what i said!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas