• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonic Air Raid

Started by WCD, June 07, 2014, 07:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

Spent the entire day at First Security Stadium with the Sonic Air Raid 7 on 7. Saw some good teams. PA was solid as usual with Shiloh Christian playing good ball. I was impressed with Mayflowers play as well.The 7 on 7 was called for Severe Weather.

football nut

June 07, 2014, 08:20:02 pm #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:26:40 pm by football nut
Pulaski Academy won the Sonic Air Raid today after defeating Shiloh Christian in what would be the last game of the day.
Some very good team play today from several schools.
PA Gold was the only team to go undefeated and had to beat Shiloh Christian for the second time to take the title.

WCD

Actually the final game was not played; it was called due to severe weather. You are correct that PA Gold was undefeated and probably would have won it all. Glad that y'all came up.

WCD :-)

football nut

Interesting, so the pictures they have taken with the trophy and posted on Facebook
is in error?
Who gave them the trophy and told them they were the winner?

hogwild29

What yall teams was there WCD

jr17

They probably gave PA gold the trophy because they had been undefeated and better points differential. Basically giving the higher seed the championship. Doesn't necessarily mean the last game was played.

WCD

As I understand, the referees in charge got the coaching staff from PA and SC together for a coin toss and Shiloh won the toss! As for any pictures info not know what you are referring to. I was a score keeper and was keeping score when the contest was called .

WCD

I don't have my sheets but I try to let you know who I remember: PA SC HA CAC Little Rock Christian, Conway, Mena, Marion, Searcy, Russellville, Greenbrier, Highland,  Mayflower,
There were a few more but  don't recall them.

Coach T Wood

Just happened to be looking at FF tonight.  Thunderstorms knocked out my satellite signal so I couldn't watch the end of the Miami/SA game.

WCD, the coin toss was in the overtime of the Shiloh/PA game to determine who would get the ball first in overtime. PA won the game in the 2nd overtime. That placed PA in the Finals.  Shiloh and Greenbrier were to play a game to determine which of those two would move on to play PA in the finals. So, there would be one more game for them and then they would have to beat PA twice to win the championship. With the oncoming weather, the coaches were asked their opinions about whether to continue with the tournament or not. Coach Kelley of PA said that PA would wait as long as needed to finish. I believe, and I could be wrong of course, that Shiloh's coaches and Greenbrier's decided that with the very long delay ahead of them that calling the tournament would be the right thing to do. Otherwise, I could see that tournament not finishing until 8 or 8:30 that night.  The main issue was lightning.
So, I just wanted to try and clear some things up.  Great job by the tournament directors and coaching staff.  Thanks for putting on another well organized and fun tournament.

WCD

Thanks for the clarification!

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas