• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Floyd

Started by WCD, May 28, 2014, 01:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

I have the privilege of knowing Chad Floyd for 12 years. He was a coach with the Harding Academy Wildcats when my sons played in the early 2000's. I was impressed then and still am with his character. Having no knowledge of what Mayflower superintendent, AD and others had in mind, I find that they gave up a diamond in their own backyard when they failed to select Coach Floyd as their next Eagle Football Head Coach. What is Mayflower's loss has become Augusta's gain.

Augusta gained a godly man who has his priorities right, is a family man, loves his players and community and will give to them more than the community will ever give back to him. I hope that ALL of the Augusta Red Devil family gets behind Coach Floyd and the Red Devil football team and encourage them to be the very best. I don't expect Coach Floyd to turn them into a champion team in the first year but I think he can take the Red Devils all the way to the Rock in the future. I will be watching the Red Devils football program and cheering on my friend Coach Floyd.

WCD  ;D

adaptedtigerfan

Nicely put my friend.

jr17

Hit the nail on the head with that post.

OldSandy

WCD, I have debated the opposite side of you on this board on a number of occasions. However, on this subject I am in agreement with you 100%. I have witnessed first-hand how Coach Floyd, and also Coach Davis, were treated by the administration as well as some in the community. I owe my son's opportunity to play at the next level to these two fine men. But more importantly, I appreciate the life lessons they taught their players, sometimes acting as father figures to those that had no positive paternal influence in their lives. I hate how things occurred that resulted in the exit of Coach Davis and Coach Floyd, but I am absolutely thrilled at their new opportunity. I have no doubt that they will now get the support and appreciation they deserve.

Lions84

Hogwild#9

Great coach even better man!! I have all the respect in the world for him!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas