• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Piggott

Started by SingleWing, May 26, 2014, 09:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleWing

Hey! Long time follower of FF/first time poster.  Was wondering about the community and football program.  I know they haven't had a ton of success by looking at the records.  Potential?  Types of athletes?  Good community?  Thoughts?

HorseFeathers

Nobody hits harder than them boys at Piggott...okay sorry, but that's what we used to hear all the time from a piggott poster and I couldn't help myself...

OB11

They will definitely be in the bottom half of the 3-3a.  Had some decent size but nothing to be too excited about.  Speed is hard to come by at Piggott.  With Harrisburg and Earle leaving the conference there will be a playoff spot up for grabs but I don't see Piggott taking it.  Not this year at least. 

Burpsnart

Just a question. Why are there so many head coaching positions open there? What happened that caused the ad/hc to go? Things happen and coaches leave for better positions, but they have a lot of positions open.

Budders

June 18, 2014, 09:28:29 pm #4 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:30:55 pm by Budders
This is a team that could win 6 or so games. Don't think they compete with Rivercrest or hoxie yet but should be better

Radiotalker

Quote from: Budders on June 18, 2014, 09:28:29 pm
This is a team that could win 6 or so games. Don't think they compete with Rivercrest or hoxie yet but should be better

Who can they beat in those 6 games?

Mohawk 54

Who did they hire as their coach? Maybe he can turn this program around, six wins this year may be hard to get. Have family that  plays up there, would be nice to see a turn around.

Budders

If they were to have the same nonconference as last year all 3 games are winnable. Manila and cedar ridge should be wins. Between Corning and Melbourne they could scratch out another one. Not sure if they could beat Osceola but the noles did stumble against Corning last season. I think Hoxie and Rivercrest are the two to beat in the conference. Didn't say they would win 6 games but they could.

Wolfman34

Have they hired someone yet? Yes they should beat Cedar Ridge. They're terrible. Coach is a MORON. Manila is awful too. That's at least two wins for them. With or without a head coach.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Budders on June 18, 2014, 11:08:50 pm
If they were to have the same nonconference as last year all 3 games are winnable. Manila and cedar ridge should be wins. Between Corning and Melbourne they could scratch out another one. Not sure if they could beat Osceola but the noles did stumble against Corning last season. I think Hoxie and Rivercrest are the two to beat in the conference. Didn't say they would win 6 games but they could.

I just don't see Hoxie duplicating last year. They were senior laden and I expect them to come back down to earth. I think it's Riverscrest's title to lose. Yes, Osceola stumbled against Corning as they did with other teams. Other than the Colts, I see the conference wide open.

Hero

Have they hired yet? I had heard they would have had a decision by now.

mohawk1999

June 24, 2014, 04:52:57 pm #11 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:55:30 pm by mohawk1999
I've heard they offered the job and they are waiting to hear back from him.

Budders

well what offense will they be running

Hero

Quote from: mohawk1999 on June 24, 2014, 04:52:57 pm
I've heard they offered the job and they are waiting to hear back from him.
Is he holding out?

BlueRaider

If he's in state he probably can't get out of his contract

Oblivious

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer

Hero

I noticed all of their jobs (baseball, basketball, football) were taken down off the website. Never seen a job this quiet before. Did they hire all in house or what?

Made

Any word yet saw on other board it is still TBA

LCC

Quote from: Made on July 13, 2014, 02:40:19 pm
Any word yet saw on other board it is still TBA
Via Twitter: One of the assistant coaches was promoted. Can't remember his name. Maybe Harrell?

Coltfan2005

It is Harrell. Home grown, played for Piggott and has handled their 7th and 8th grade teams as well as assistant coach for High School. In a huge vote of confidence and to allow him time to develop a good team; the school board graciously gave him a 243 day contract. Bless them all, the Lord looks kindly on fools and drunks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas