• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Booneville

Started by Truckman555, April 23, 2014, 03:26:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Inbox barclayalmanac and ask about his almanac of arkansas high school football. . . . I'm waiting to here back from him to get a copy of it for myself

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HF on May 08, 2014, 12:14:56 pm
Inbox barclayalmanac and ask about his almanac of arkansas high school football. . . . I'm waiting to here back from him to get a copy of it for myself

Thx

-Painted Fan-

24 Weeks (168 Days) until HALLOWEEN!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 16, 2014, 05:23:05 pm
24 Weeks (168 Days) until HALLOWEEN!!!

I heard Booneville was dropping football to avoid having to play charleston...any truth to this :D

OLDSCHOOL82

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 16, 2014, 08:45:17 pm
True statement!

I knew you guys were to Chicken to take on those mighty Tigers :D

OLDSCHOOL82

We are Putting all our efforts towards soccer!

Blueisglorious

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 06, 2014, 10:59:23 pm
Don't go putting words in my mouth dude. Read what I said.
We won 3A, 2A would have been a great game (Charleston vs. JC).
Did I say Charleston would have won 5A- 7A? No, I did not.
Reading Comprehension skills should be taught in Booneville.

I have a nephew that plays at Ozark.  They very admittedly had a down year last year after visiting the the state championship game the year before (I think they would have won had their qb not broken his ankle in the semifinal the week before, but that's for another thread).

This is not about Ozark.  I think I can be pretty neutral because other than watching my nephew, I can be very unbiased, in my opinion, and I'm not here to stir anything up.

Ozark played Morrilton in the pre-season scrimmage.  They played Booneville in the first game, Clarksville in the second game, and Charleston in the 3rd game.  The only game Ozark had a chance in was the Clarksville game, and they had a punt blocked late to get beat.  The other 3 teams won the 5A, 4A, and 3A championships.  Pretty salty schedule.  In my opinion, Morrilton would have beaten both Booneville and Charleston.  They probably match up better with Charleston.  I think Booneville would have struggled to stop Morrilton's offense.  I don't think Morrilton would have stopped the option game of Booneville very much, so this would have been the closest game of the 3.  The offenses of both Morrilton and Charleston were very similar, so I think both defenses would have defended each other each other nicely, but in the end Morrilton's depth would have won out.  Yes, I know Storey is special, but even with the move ins on Charleston's offensive line, they would have struggled to stop Morrilton's defensive line, big and fast.

I didn't see Charleston and Booneville scrimmage.  Depends on who you ask, but people from both sides claim victory in that.  It looks like I'm trying to take a swipe at Charleston on their offensive line being riddled with new folks, but that's the information I was told.  It may not be true, but no matter, I just don't think either Booneville or Charleston could have completely stopped Morrilton's defensive line.

WPWells

The only move-in starter on Charleston last year was the running back - Pittman

Scooter2121

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 23, 2014, 01:28:06 pm
The only move-in starter on Charleston last year was the running back - Pittman
Who's moving in this year to play running back?With out a running game Ty will be a sitting duck!!

adaptedtigerfan

Nobody moving in but they will be just as good at RB as last year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 17, 2014, 06:39:58 am
We are Putting all our efforts towards soccer!

Ya'l in need of a kicker that  badly?....Or just trying to find a sport Charleston doesn't play :D

OLDSCHOOL82

Just trying to find something we can win at where we don't have to play the almighty Tiggers.

bigcat72

You say pitman was the only move in. Where did the kicker come from??

adaptedtigerfan

Kicker is a home school kid that lives in Charleston.

Scooter2121

I'm sure there will be more and more home schooled kids start playing football for charleston!!

adaptedtigerfan

Why not...  It's perfectly legal... 

BEARCATSRULE

I'm fairly certain a lot of Tigers will be steam rolled by the cat's.

DogsWin7

This prediction coming from a cat no less......hahahaha!   

I have a feeling this won't be the battle you want....or the ending you want. :)

-Painted Fan-

14 Weeks (98 Days) until HALLOWEEN!

Scooter2121

Bearcats have 10 sacks or more!!

Bearcatalum83

Y'all keep on believing booneville won't be ready, all the way thru playoffs we were underdogs so that's fine with us but when the bearcat machine rolls into town you better be ready to play some football

Rattlerfan2004

Booneville didn't get turf.  When I first saw it I assumed it was going to be turf, but it's real grass.  It's been getting watered all summer.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Rattlerfan2004 on August 13, 2014, 11:41:40 am
Booneville didn't get turf.  When I first saw it I assumed it was going to be turf, but it's real grass.  It's been getting watered all summer.

Not all summer.  You would think that a summer with above average rainfall would be what you would want when you get the field re crowned and sprigged.  Its not when it pushes the completion date back a month.  And then who would of thought we would have a july and some august nights with 50 and 60 degree nights!  It's growing in nicely now and should be completely covered, lush, and thick come season. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bearcatalum83 on July 26, 2014, 11:24:37 pm
Y'all keep on believing booneville won't be ready, all the way thru playoffs we were underdogs so that's fine with us but when the bearcat machine rolls into town you better be ready to play some football

Don't think anyone is just expecting Charleston to walk away with this one?

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 10:57:42 pm
Quote from: Bearcatalum83 on July 26, 2014, 11:24:37 pm

Don't think anyone is just expecting Charleston to walk away with this one?

That's not what the poll is saying. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas