• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A playmakers for the 2014 Season

Started by Truckman555, April 07, 2014, 02:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jr17

maytag

anyone know that on burton for fact?  hate rumors hate to hear of injury even more

DeeGee

Quote from: maytag on June 15, 2014, 08:20:16 pm
anyone know that on burton for fact?  hate rumors hate to hear of injury even more
Yes he did tear his ACL at Auburn. But is expected to be back by start of season. ACL tears aren't as bad as they use to be. Surgery for ACL tears have massively advanced.

KOJACK

Quote from: DeeGoldie on June 16, 2014, 01:07:57 pm
Yes he did tear his ACL at Auburn. But is expected to be back by start of season. ACL tears aren't as bad as they use to be. Surgery for ACL tears have massively advanced.
Really ??? I figured that would be at least a 6 month ordeal.

OLDSCHOOL82

That will totally depend on who does the surgery, if everything is as expected once they get in there, and most importantly... his work ethic to rehab it properly.

DeeGee

June 16, 2014, 01:37:52 pm #55 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:40:51 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: KOJACK on June 16, 2014, 01:17:28 pm
Not anymore. About 2 maybe 3 month for a complete recovery now. I worked in surgery before move to psych. I'm pretty sure his was not a complex tear from what coach said. Complex ACL tears 3 to 4 month recovery. It's a laparoscopic surgery now. Not like it was maybe 5 years ago. Faster and more complete healing. He's already had surgery. He tore it last Wednesday and had surgery on Thursday I believe.

KOJACK

I hope your right. I don't want y'all to have any excuses when we beat that tail ;D

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on June 16, 2014, 01:40:47 pm
I hope your right. I don't want y'all to have any excuses when we beat that tail ;D
I'm a nurse Kojack lol. And we won't need excuses, didn't need one last time we played???? Lol
He's a great play maker for sure but not our only. But let the trash talk begin!!!! I love it!! Hahaha
Only about 75 days til season starts right??? ;)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on May 15, 2014, 08:51:53 am
Booneville has the Ray kid that will try to fill the shoes of Harrell.
Rumor has it that Charleston has a RB that is going to be good.
QB @ Mayflower will be as good as last year.
Glen Rose will still have the best coach on the planet and also Burton.
does booneville have a good player named ray every few years?

adaptedtigerfan

June 16, 2014, 08:07:24 pm #59 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:13:34 pm by adaptedtigerfan
We can go lay by the bay, and eat some hay... I just may. Whatta you say.....    Ray and May in Booneville Ere other year!   We can also make things outta clay!

crmorrow24

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 16, 2014, 08:07:24 pm
We can go lay by the bay, and eat some hay... I just may. Whatta you say.....    Ray and May in Booneville Ere other year!   We can also make things outta clay!
LOL

DeeGee

Too funny!! 😂😂😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

moonshine or meth?

adaptedtigerfan

Come on Oldman.....  It's a combo of both!!!! 

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

Quote from: DeeGoldie on June 16, 2014, 01:37:52 pm
Not anymore. About 2 maybe 3 month for a complete recovery now. I worked in surgery before move to psych. I'm pretty sure his was not a complex tear from what coach said. Complex ACL tears 3 to 4 month recovery. It's a laparoscopic surgery now. Not like it was maybe 5 years ago. Faster and more complete healing. He's already had surgery. He tore it last Wednesday and had surgery on Thursday I believe.

If it's not a complex tear then it will be a slow recovery. However, if it is then you are looking for a season ending injury. I also have worked in surgery and have seen more long term recoveries than what you are talking about. It's especially hard for a running back because he has to cut and change direction and that ligament is responsible for the bending of the knee(which you know). Several years back a quarterback from Nashville played with a tear similar to these but he didn't have to do much running. A brace and careful foot placement kept his season going. However to say that all are 2-3 month recoveries is not exactly true all the time. Ask the WR from Warren that tore his last year against Fayetteville. The 2013 season was over for him.

AirWarren

"Successful ACL reconstruction paired with rigorous rehabilitation can restore the stability and function to your knee. Within the first few weeks after surgery, you should strive to regain knee range of motion equal to that of your opposite side. Athletes often can return to their sports after six to 12 months."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/acl-reconstruction/basics/definition/prc-20012625

DeeGee

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2014, 09:14:31 am
Quote from: DeeGoldie on June 16, 2014, 01:37:52 pm

If it's not a complex tear then it will be a slow recovery. However, if it is then you are looking for a season ending injury. I also have worked in surgery and have seen more long term recoveries than what you are talking about. It's especially hard for a running back because he has to cut and change direction and that ligament is responsible for the bending of the knee(which you know). Several years back a quarterback from Nashville played with a tear similar to these but he didn't have to do much running. A brace and careful foot placement kept his season going. However to say that all are 2-3 month recoveries is not exactly true all the time. Ask the WR from Warren that tore his last year against Fayetteville. The 2013 season was over for him.

I worked in sports medicine with NFL players. 6 months would be a full recovery to be back at total speed. A lot depends on the surgeon and your personal want to. Carlos is a very motivated player. He will be on restriction for 3 weeks then start physical therapy. 3 months of conditioning. 1-2 months of training, maybe 3. 6 months at the longest. Around 4 months is the average to comeback at 80%. I have several pro players I talk to everyday at D1 where my son is training that will tell you the same. Tyrell Johnson is there teaching and training because of an ACL tear. His conditioning is personal training with several high school players. He will start next season with the Texans.

OLDSCHOOL82

Does Carlos have the budget of the NFL players?

AirWarren

June 17, 2014, 11:02:49 am #69 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:04:38 am by AirWarren
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 17, 2014, 10:56:42 am

And strength, muscle mass, stamina. An ACL tear is an ACL tear. I will be following this and will revisit this when season starts. I wish the young man the best. He is a solid player for Glen Rose.

DeeGee

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2014, 11:02:49 am

And strength, muscle mass, stamina. An ACL tear is an ACL tear. I will be following this and will revisit this when season starts. I wish the young man the best. He is a solid player for Glen Rose.

It's never good for anyone period. I personally think that it'll be mid to late October before he's playing again. The team was told he would be back by the start of the season. Being in the medical field I have my doubts of a full recover so soon. It's a very big blow to the team for sure. I'm just pointing out that with proper conditioning a player can come back sooner than you think. Medically speaking. Personally I think he will play some through the season but it'll be late. But in the end it all comes down to his mindset and how much he wants back out on that field.

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

I hope Carlos is able to regain full mobility and participate in his sr season.  I'm not trying to stir this mess up again but i was at the state championship game last year.  Carlos stayed calm and classy and acted like a true competitor.  With all the non sense that was going on with both teams, there was only a couple players from either team that i can say that about.   Best of luck in surgery and recovery Burton!

DeeGee

June 17, 2014, 12:55:53 pm #73 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:58:46 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 17, 2014, 12:43:29 pm
I hope Carlos is able to regain full mobility and participate in his sr season.  I'm not trying to stir this mess up again but i was at the state championship game last year.  Carlos stayed calm and classy and acted like a true competitor.  With all the non sense that was going on with both teams, there was only a couple players from either team that i can say that about.   Best of luck in surgery and recovery Burton!

Very true and I've said the same about the state game. He is a great leader and motivator to the rest of the team. I pray he his too. Like I said in the end it's all up to him. With that being said I'll have to say that his love and heart for his team and his game he will be back at it sometime mid to late season. I feel he has the want to to get back to where he was quickly. We shall all see I suppose. Thank you very much though. Carlos and my son are great friends and it was a real blow to these boys. They've all played together for several years. I'll just keep him in my prayers.

cdelaney

Agree with the statement "an ACL tear is an ACL tear". If it is really a tear, he will not play this season and should not play. 6-8 months is the minimum. Adrian Peterson had the quickest recovery of just about any athlete with an ACL tear, with all the resources at his disposal, but even at the NFL level there is no quick fix. I hope like everyone else that Carlos' injury is not a complete ACL tear, but if it is, it doesn't matter who did the surgery or how hard he works, he will not be able to play football for at the very least 6-8 months, and probably should not even try to play even then. This is terrible news for him, Glen Rose, and every true HS football fan in Arkansas who enjoys seeing special athletes compete, even as opponents. Good luck to him and to Glen Rose

AirWarren

Quote from: cdelaney on June 17, 2014, 03:15:48 pm

Agree with the statement "an ACL tear is an ACL tear". If it is really a tear, he will not play this season and should not play. 6-8 months is the minimum. Adrian Peterson had the quickest recovery of just about any athlete with an ACL tear, with all the resources at his disposal, but even at the NFL level there is no quick fix. I hope like everyone else that Carlos' injury is not a complete ACL tear, but if it is, it doesn't matter who did the surgery or how hard he works, he will not be able to play football for at the very least 6-8 months, and probably should not even try to play even then. This is terrible news for him, Glen Rose, and every true HS football fan in Arkansas who enjoys seeing special athletes compete, even as opponents. Good luck to him and to Glen Rose

Just because these kids go to "D1" doesn't mean they are Adrian Peterson either. I personally don't think he will be out there in 2-3 months but he COULD return if they make a late run in the playoffs. Season start...doubtful. I found the whole initial post misleading but whatever. Each his own and best of luck to the kid.

DeeGee

The initial post was to confirm he tore his ACL and what the team was told. I never said any of the kids that go to D1 are Adrian Peterson. They go to better themselves and because they want to. As far as I know my son is the only one from GR that goes there. Carlos has a personal trainer of whom I am not sure of. My son chooses to go train there because he wants to gain muscle mass and speed. Is that really an issue? I pay for it, I drive him back and forth. If it helps him in the long run great!! If not at least he's staying healthy and not out on the streets acting like a lot of teens these days. Don't hate on these kids because they want to better themselves. If anything praise them for the love of the game and the mentality to get better. He trains hard and I'm very proud of him.

AirWarren

Quote from: DeeGoldie on June 17, 2014, 05:08:39 pm
The initial post was to confirm he tore his ACL and what the team was told. I never said any of the kids that go to D1 are Adrian Peterson. They go to better themselves and because they want to. As far as I know my son is the only one from GR that goes there. Carlos has a personal trainer of whom I am not sure of. My son chooses to go train there because he wants to gain muscle mass and speed. Is that really an issue? I pay for it, I drive him back and forth. If it helps him in the long run great!! If not at least he's staying healthy and not out on the streets acting like a lot of teens these days. Don't hate on these kids because they want to better themselves. If anything praise them for the love of the game and the mentality to get better. He trains hard and I'm very proud of him.

Oh good grief.

cdelaney

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2014, 07:46:04 pm

Oh good grief.
+1

adaptedtigerfan

Leave it up to this guy to stick a big spoon in the pot!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 17, 2014, 08:42:39 pm

Leave it up to this guy to stick a big spoon in the pot!

Your the only one who its caused a problem with.  Go do some recruiting for the upchucktown tiggers!

adaptedtigerfan

I'm tryin my best...  We give full rides over here all tuition is paid..  If you qualify you can get your lunches paid or reduced... But housing we can't really do anything about that we don't have dorms on campus..  We are working on that project.... 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 18, 2014, 08:35:59 am
I'm tryin my best...  We give full rides over here all tuition is paid..  If you qualify you can get your lunches paid or reduced... But housing we can't really do anything about that we don't have dorms on campus..  We are working on that project....

We give out coupons to dollar general. It doesnt work worth a flip though.

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 18, 2014, 08:35:59 am
Get with EC$...they've worked out the dorm issue.  ::)

adaptedtigerfan

hornethigh-mhs

adaptedtigerfan

Jimbo Morphis

KOJACK

Hootie

FBfan79

Oh good grief.

He he

AirWarren

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 18, 2014, 05:52:54 pm

Oh good grief.

He he

Nothing better than an angry mommy who "thinks" someone is attacking their kid when they are really not. Good Gravy.....

DogsWin7

Then why is her Karma better than yours??  :)

DeeGee

I'm humored 😂😂😂
I'm not angry by any means. Just took what you said about these kids in D1 and gave my opinion. Just as you have yours. Call me what ya want I'm just gonna laugh. I love humor though!!! Please carry on and God bless.

Hootie

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 18, 2014, 07:27:34 pm

He's from Warren. People pay good money to watch us attack him on the interwebs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hootie on June 19, 2014, 12:13:23 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 18, 2014, 07:27:34 pm

He's from Warren. People pay good money to watch us attack him on the interwebs.

Exactly.

Beaver Fever

There is no way he will play this season.  If he is put on the field the coaches should be ashamed of taking a chance of ending his football career forever.

Dee there is a difference between recovery and ready to play, this injury is at least 6 months to be ready to play.  If he is put out there to soon he could lose any chance he has at a scholarship.

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on June 19, 2014, 01:26:18 pm
There is no way he will play this season.  If he is put on the field the coaches should be ashamed of taking a chance of ending his football career forever.

Dee there is a difference between recovery and ready to play, this injury is at least 6 months to be ready to play.  If he is put out there to soon he could lose any chance he has at a scholarship.
Trust me I know the difference. Geez.
Maybe if you read all the comments you would know the difference between what we were told and my personal opinion. I know your a Beaver fan too but please take the time to read. I said my personal opinion is if he gets to play it'll be late season. 😒

AnotherTurfMonkey

I wouldn't put it past that coaching staff.

Hawgeye

Smackover WR Jordan Jones ran 4.34 today at Arkansas Elite Camp

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas