• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover Bucks 2014

Started by loyal fan, January 27, 2014, 08:32:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hawgeye on June 08, 2014, 08:52:04 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 06, 2014, 08:41:12 pm
coach steel to join Buckaroo staff this season........... coach Stricklands news link about the newcomers.

http://wehco.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RWxETlRpbWVzLzIwMTQvMDYvMDUjQXIwMDkwNQ%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

I remember when Steele went to Norphlet. He coached at an Illinois football power, Morris.

If Strickland is smart, he will let Steele control the defense.

Norphlet sending kids and coaches could be great for Smackover. Would 14 or 15 kids put Smackovers numbers around 45 or 50 kids? Is Norphlet sending any talent?

Hopefully things work out and all the Leopards will get a fair shake at things when fall rolls around. I'm sure this will be hard for some of the old timers there.

Would think that they are sending some talent, Norphlet usually competed for a playoff spot in the 2A-8..

THA TRUTH

They prolly won't send much cause that was just a good group of kids that led them to the playoffs

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 09, 2014, 03:16:26 pm
They prolly won't send much cause that was just a good group of kids that led them to the playoffs
doesn't take much. add 2 or 3 good but not great players to any 3a or 4a team and it can make a huge difference.

THA TRUTH

I should've said much if any

AirWarren

I'm actually ready to see what this Smackover team brings. One Smackover poster has been bragging about Super Bowl titles in pee wee and undefeated 7th graders and jr high teams. I'm ready to hear about the product on the field in senior high.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2014, 09:22:39 pm
I'm actually ready to see what this Smackover team brings. One Smackover poster has been bragging about Super Bowl titles in pee wee and undefeated 7th graders and jr high teams. I'm ready to hear about the product on the field in senior high.

I thought some of those sophomores made a pretty big splash last year ? (several started)
conf champions (12-2 and 6-1 ) and a state semi finalist was not a bad start considering 3 seniors on that team, I was a  happy camper myself.

AirWarren

This is the year you guys SHOULD make it to WMS then. That Jones kid is special.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 10, 2014, 02:39:07 pm
This is the year you guys SHOULD make it to WMS then. That Jones kid is special.
so is buck fever

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: AirWarren on June 10, 2014, 02:39:07 pm

anything less will be a  disappointment.

THA TRUTH

Not in smackover this was their best season since 05 shouldn't be much pressure on them to make it to WM

Oahubuck

Is there a schedule for Smackover with dates yet?

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oahubuck on June 10, 2014, 11:31:42 pm

Not yet, but I do know week one is Junction city and week 2 is Gurdon....................no cup cake start this year..............I look for this team to be ready.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 11, 2014, 07:10:35 am

Not yet, but I do know week one is Junction city and week 2 is Gurdon....................no cup cake start this year..............I look for this team to be ready.
as long as you avoid key people getting hurt that first two games will make you better. yell county whoever last year didn't prepare you for our conference speed.

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on June 11, 2014, 08:32:27 am

as long as you avoid key people getting hurt that first two games will make you better. yell county whoever last year didn't prepare you for our conference speed.

Boy Hermitage sure did though

AirWarren

Hermitage huh. Watch out for da real Monte Thomas.

Hawgeye

Smackover could sure make a statement in week 1. That should be a good game.

Will be interesting to see what type of depth/numbers Smackover has. I would expect Norphlet to send some speed and skill players. Not too sure about what a small school like that will have in size for any line depth.

Also should be interesting to see if Strickland can guide these guys and not be stupid on the sidelines.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hawgeye on June 12, 2014, 06:57:41 am

Will be interesting to see what type of depth/numbers Smackover has. I would expect Norphlet to send some speed and skill players. Not too sure about what a small school like that will have in size for any line depth.

Also should be interesting to see if Strickland can guide these guys and not be stupid on the sidelines.
is strickland the head coach? are you saying he has been stupid in the past?

crmorrow24

0-2 out the gates.  Ouch!!!!!

Hawgeye

Quote from: Oldman on June 12, 2014, 08:00:31 am

is strickland the head coach? are you saying he has been stupid in the past?

I've never witnessed it first hand, being in NWA. Though, I've talked to a few people who seem to think he gets in his own way at times.

BUCK FEVER

The Bucks will be loaded with skill and speed, would love to see some line help come from Norphlet although we will be a bit stronger at line on both sides off the ball this year over last, other than that there are no weak links,......AS FOR AS COACHING ? I HOPE STRICKLAND WILL DELEGATE PLENTY OF RESPONSIBILITY TO COACH STEELE, I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE DID A GOOD JOB WITH VERY LIMITED NUMBERS AT NORPHLET, HE COULD BE A REAL PLUS FOR THE PROGRAM.

Juco soldier

Coach Steele did not lead Norphlet to the last 3 playoffs. It was coach Means who had to do so with limited players.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Juco soldier on June 12, 2014, 10:11:38 pm
Coach Steele did not lead Norphlet to the last 3 playoffs. It was coach Means who had to do so with limited players.

I think you are correct about that, Coach steele was A.D. during that time, But Steele also had some good years with limited numbers before Means.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 13, 2014, 02:04:20 pm
Quote from: Juco soldier on June 12, 2014, 10:11:38 pm

I think you are correct about that, Coach steele was A.D. during that time, But Steele also had some good years with limited numbers before Means.

Only one year in 06 before purifoy left for the Delph

sax2play8

Good news for smackover today. Jordan was offered and commited to arkansas today

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sax2play8 on June 19, 2014, 05:14:20 pm
Good news for smackover today. Jordan was offered and commited to arkansas today
congrats to the young man. i am now a fan.

AirWarren

Quote from: sax2play8 on June 19, 2014, 05:14:20 pm

Solid. Congrats!

NEark tigers

Memo to Smackover:

You are playing a school in TWO states. We learned that lesson last year. But we was the last team to beat them in 2012. Good Luck to the Bucks!!

-Bulldog Nation of Earle

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: NEark tigers on June 20, 2014, 10:20:14 am
Memo to Smackover:

You are playing a school in TWO states. We learned that lesson last year. But we was the last team to beat them in 2012. Good Luck to the Bucks!!

-Bulldog Nation of Earle
how does a team from two states beat an entire nation?

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2014, 10:43:20 am
Quote from: NEark tigers on June 20, 2014, 10:20:14 am
Memo to Smackover:

-Bulldog Nation of Earle
how does a team from two states beat an entire nation?

NEt is in one state...........the state of confusion. ::)

BUCK FEVER

SEPT 5 JUNCTION CITY...........THERE
SEPT 12 GURDON................HERE
SEPT 19 LAFY COUNTY............THERE
SEPT 26 FOUKE.................THERE

OCT 3 LAKE VILLAGE...........HERE
OCT 10 DREW CENTRAL........HERE
OCT 17 FORDYCE..............THERE
OCT 24 HARMONY GROVE.......HERE
OCT 31 MCGEHEE..........THERE

NOV 6 GEN CENTRAL..........HERE

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 24, 2014, 04:02:01 pm

smackover should be undefeated when they come to mcgehee.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on June 24, 2014, 04:04:21 pm

MORE IMPORTANTLY THEY NEED TO BE UNDEFEATED WHEN THEY LEAVE MCGEHEE.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 24, 2014, 04:07:47 pm

i will have an opinion on that later, lol.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on June 24, 2014, 04:10:21 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 24, 2014, 04:07:47 pm

i will have an opinion on that later, lol.

Yep.......the fishing weather is getting pretty nice, late in the evenings. ;)

Dragon I

Oldman, what's your score prediction for the JC/Smackover game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 06:46:50 am
Oldman, what's your score prediction for the JC/Smackover game.
don't have one. i think it's a toss up.

Dragon I

I seen where you said Smackover should be undefeated when they get to the Owls so I took that as you predicting a win.  I was just wanting to hear your thoughts.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 08:17:06 am
I seen where you said Smackover should be undefeated when they get to the Owls so I took that as you predicting a win.  I was just wanting to hear your thoughts.
smackover should win but that doesn't mean they will win. for sure they won't have more than one loss when they try to beat mcgehee for the first time.

Dragon I

It surprises me that people think they should win.  I figured they would be able to play the under dog role up.  Maybe Coach Carpenter will be able to.  He doesn't get to use that one very often.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:02:53 am
It surprises me that people think they should win.  I figured they would be able to play the under dog role up.  Maybe Coach Carpenter will be able to.  He doesn't get to use that one very often.

I know it must be shocking to you........but not everyone thinks THE MIGHTY DRAGONS  are unbeatable.

Dragon I

I don't think they are unbeatable, but as far as the Buckaroos are concerned, they're unbeatable.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:02:53 am
mcgehee played junction city twice a few years ago. how many will you have on your roster?

Dragon I

I could be off a little bit, but around 40 +/- a couple.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:30:58 am
I could be off a little bit, but around 40 +/- a couple.
with smackover picking up the norphlet kids i thought they would have a depth advantage in the hot first week. if you have 40 they won't i guess. how many will junction city have playing both ways? buck, how many will smackover have playing both ways? this always hurts mcgehee the first 3 weeks or so.

Dragon I

JC shouldn't have more than 3 or 4.  Could be as few as 1.

BUCK FEVER

Imagine that a town with a population of 600 has 40 plus high school players year end and year out................Hmmm..............didn't the Brian Jones kid even move in and lived in the same house as the head coach ???...............WOW, talking bout blatant.

The real shocker to me is that the U OF A as never offered Carpenter the head  recruiting job.......he would be great at it.

AirWarren

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 25, 2014, 09:52:50 am
Imagine that a town with a population of 600 has 40 plus high school players year end and year out................Hmmm..............didn't the Brian Jones kid even move in and lived in the same house as the head coach ???...............WOW, talking bout blatant.

The real shocker to me is that the U OF A as never offered Carpenter the head  recruiting job.......he would be great at it.

Calm down now. You guys are absorbing Norphlet. You will get benefits and probably already will have solid 3A depth because of it.

Jimbo Morphis

sheridan has a population under 4000 and is in 6a. don't whine.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:02:53 am

very true................and sheridans  record reflects those facts.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:02:53 am

Sheridan is now up to 4,779. They pull kids from Prattville, Poyen, Leola, Ivan, East End, Redfield, and some parts of Pulaski/Saline County.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas