• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover Bucks 2014

Started by loyal fan, January 27, 2014, 08:32:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

Lol!  You mad bro?  Byran never lived with coach.  Stop posting ignorance.  JC's athletic program is simply superior, with superior athletes and superior coaching.  It's an excellent combination if you're a JC fan.  Winning usually helps to increase the number of participants in a given sport.  That's why there are so many that play.  They know they can win.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2014, 10:09:51 am
Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:02:53 am
sheridan has a population under 4000 and is in 6a. don't whine.

Sheridan is now up to 4,779. They pull kids from Prattville, Poyen, Leola, Ivan, East End, Redfield, and some parts of Pulaski/Saline County.
i know why they are 6a. just making a point.

AirWarren

Putting JC and Sheridan in the same sentence is laughable though.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2014, 10:24:39 am
why? add monticello to the mix. town population has nothing to do with school size.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:30:13 am
why? add monticello to the mix. town population has nothing to do with school size.

Well was talking about an athletic standpoint.

Monticello people don't want their kids "interacting" with the poor rural kids of Drew Central therefore they decide to have a 3A school down the road from a 4A school. Never understood that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2014, 10:37:12 am

Monticello people don't want their kids "interacting" with the poor rural kids of Drew Central therefore they decide to have a 3A school down the road from a 4A school. Never understood that.
i was talking strictly population vs. school size. not athletics.

bleudog

June 25, 2014, 10:51:38 am #106 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:57:07 am by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:47:08 am

OM, I understood your post to point out that both JC and Sheridan have school districts which are much larger (geographical and population wise) than just their incorporated areas.

Isn't Sheridan the only school in its county? 

bleudog

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 25, 2014, 09:52:50 am
Imagine that a town with a population of 600 has 40 plus high school players year end and year out................Hmmm..............didn't the Brian Jones kid even move in and lived in the same house as the head coach ???...............WOW, talking bout blatant.

The real shocker to me is that the U OF A as never offered Carpenter the head  recruiting job.......he would be great at it.

You said it yourself Bucky:

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 24, 2014, 10:36:09 pm
.....there   is just know way to fix stupid.

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on June 25, 2014, 10:51:38 am
Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 10:47:08 am

OM, I understood your post to point out that both JC and Sheridan have school districts which are much larger (geographical and population wise) than just their incorporated areas.

Isn't Sheridan the only school in its county? 

Yes.

FBfan79

The first one or two games don't always define a team... Being the first game of the season,  it won't tell who is the better team by the end of the season.   I'll take JC... But agreed as a tossup.

Early games don't mean much IMO

bleudog

June 25, 2014, 11:53:33 am #110 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:01:46 pm by bleudog
Quote from: FBfan79 on June 25, 2014, 11:38:34 am
The first one or two games don't always define a team... Being the first game of the season,  it won't tell who is the better team by the end of the season.   I'll take JC... But agreed as a tossup.

BINGO!  We have a winner.

Week one OOC games against quality opponents are just an opportunity for coaches and players to learn where they need to improve. The hope is to come out of the game with that knowlege and healthy. A win in week one is nice, but a win in week 15 is so much nicer.

Dragon I

It's different when the longest winning streak in the state is on the line.

Mohawk 54

Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:47:10 am
JC shouldn't have more than 3 or 4.  Could be as few as 1.
Dragon 1,we all know they are good, but they will play more than 3 or 4 both ways.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on June 25, 2014, 11:59:12 am
Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:47:10 am
JC shouldn't have more than 3 or 4.  Could be as few as 1.
Dragon 1,we all know they are good, but they will play more than 3 or 4 both ways.

LOL, dunno, 3 or 4 maybe a high number.the 1 is probably spot on.

Dragon I

Full time? No it won't be.  You're going to see Armstrong tote the rock, but not very often.  You're going to see Holyfield at DB, but not all the time.  Mason will be a full time two way starter, as well Bell.

THA TRUTH

It's a shame when folks start lying to get try and get ahead

FBfan79

Quote from: bleudog on June 25, 2014, 11:53:33 am
Quote from: FBfan79 on June 25, 2014, 11:38:34 am

BINGO!  We have a winner.

Week one OOC games against quality opponents are just an opportunity for coaches and players to learn where they need to improve. The hope is to come out of the game with that knowlege and healthy. A win in week one is nice, but a win in week 15 is so much nicer.

Big early matchups are fun to watch and talk about though... Good matchup here. 

bleudog

June 25, 2014, 07:54:10 pm #117 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:27:17 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 09:34:59 am
Quote from: Dragon I on June 25, 2014, 09:30:58 am
I could be off a little bit, but around 40 +/- a couple.
with smackover picking up the norphlet kids i thought they would have a depth advantage in the hot first week. if you have 40 they won't i guess. how many will junction city have playing both ways? buck, how many will smackover have playing both ways? this always hurts mcgehee the first 3 weeks or so.

Here's JC's starting lineups from last year's championship game.  Obviously the seniors are now gone and Bell was/is a two-way player who was unavailable for disciplinary reasons, but maybe it will give you a feel for how Carpenter uses his players.

THA TRUTH

That's good depth for 2 and 3a

Dragon I

Like I said, 4 at the most, possibly only 1 going full time.

Tha View

Who is the kid from smackover that ran a 4.35 at a camp recently

THA TRUTH

Jordan jones and just got offered to play at ark

bleudog

Hero

Quote from: Tha View on June 27, 2014, 01:22:11 pm
you forgot to put that in all caps....you're slacking

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Tha View on June 27, 2014, 01:22:11 pm

JORDAN JONES!

Hero

Proud Buckaroo

Hey,  Buck fever. What do you think of this "chad Parker" kid? Hmmm.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 03, 2014, 08:58:40 pm
Hey,  Buck fever. What do you think of this "chad Parker" kid? Hmmm.

Chad is a solid player , he finds himself like some other skill position players fighting for playing time on this team.....seems he started a couple last year and did ok, usually filled in and did a nice job in most games, he is a senior this year, has good speed, he can help when called on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas