• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 Scores 18/19 Season

Started by cannon, December 10, 2018, 08:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cannon

December 10, 2018, 08:09:49 pm Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:40:02 pm by cannon
Southside 51
Valley View 50
Final

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 10, 2018, 08:09:49 pm
Southside 51
Valley View 50
Final

Sounds like a tough game, was it close all the way through?

MDXPHD

Batesville girls 83-70 over highland.

87DAWG

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2018, 08:57:23 pm
Batesville girls 83-70 over highland.
Entertaining game! Batesville lead at half 44-43 then went on a 14-0 run. #3 had 3 turnovers during the quick run that put Highland in the same situation they were in last Friday against Mt. View. Highland did fight this time and cut the lead as close as 8 and missed a layup that could of cut it to 6. Batesville is strong and proved to be too much. #00 and #24 had good games for Highland. #03, a freshman, had a lot of turnovers tonight. Freshman blues I guess. 1-1 in the 4A-3. Highland plays Bald Knob tomorrow at Lyon and then has Blytheville, at Blytheville, Friday. 5-3 on the season.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2018, 10:34:14 pm
Sounds like a tough game, was it close all the way through?

Yessir. Back and forth the whole game.

J12

Westside up 21-0 on Harrisburg with 3:20 to go in 1 QUARTER. Coach Whitmire already has the subs in.

J12

Westside -50  Harrisburg -12 at half.

Westside starters played about a total of 5 minutes in 1st half.  What the heck happened to Harrisburg Basketball?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 13, 2018, 07:51:21 pm
Westside -50  Harrisburg -12 at half.

Westside starters played about a total of 5 minutes in 1st half.  What the heck happened to Harrisburg Basketball?

Did they loose a lot to Graduation or have any players move ?

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 13, 2018, 08:25:32 pm
Did they loose a lot to Graduation or have any players move ?

71-19 final. Westside starters didn't see floor after 5:00 left in 2nd quarter.

Not sure about graduation. No exaggeration- that's one of the worst 3A schools I've seen field a basketball team. Most average JR High teams around here would win by 20+.

Either any decent athletes aren't playing over there or 10 years or so of preparation never happened.  Sad to see. Harrisburg usually always has competitive teams.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 13, 2018, 08:35:29 pm
71-19 final. Westside starters didn't see floor after 5:00 left in 2nd quarter.

Not sure about graduation. No exaggeration- that's one of the worst 3A schools I've seen field a basketball team. Most average JR High teams around here would win by 20+.

Either any decent athletes aren't playing over there or 10 years or so of preparation never happened.  Sad to see. Harrisburg usually always has competitive teams.

I watched em earlier this season at Valley View. I was not entertained.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Valley View 17
Brookland 27
H

Brookland down a starter tonight

MDXPHD

Girls:

Batesville- 46
Westside- 19

Halftime.

NEA Razorback olfan

MDXPHD

Girls:

Batesville - 69
Westside - 39

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys after 3
VV 26
Brookland 28

NEA Razorback olfan

Camajam1

Boys

Batesville 44
Westside 81
F

87DAWG

Highland Girls 46     Blytheville Girls 35    F

cannon

Girls:
Valley View 47
Blytheville 44
F

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland falls to a very talented Highland team tonight 59-46 on the road.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 17, 2018, 08:48:14 pm
Girls:
Valley View 47
Blytheville 44
F

Congrats to the Lady Blazers , good job

MDXPHD

Girls:

Batesville over Pokey 75-38

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on December 17, 2018, 08:48:14 pm
Girls:
Valley View 47
Blytheville 44
F
Did ya'll win at Blytheville? That's a tough place to get a win! I'm not sure if Blytheville has won a game but, IMO, they are better than their record.

cannon

Quote from: 87DAWG on December 18, 2018, 05:21:54 am
Did ya'll win at Blytheville? That's a tough place to get a win! I'm not sure if Blytheville has won a game but, IMO, they are better than their record.

We haven't been to Blytheville yet, but I couldn't have said what you did any better. Those kids are solid -- not superstars, mind you, but good enough that they should NOT be 0-11. Our girls are way down, so any win is a fight, but we've played worse teams than Blytheville. Changes my perspective about how conference standings could look in two months.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 17, 2018, 08:50:11 pm
Girls
Brookland falls to a very talented Highland team tonight 59-46 on the road.

Confirming my suspicions:  the battle for 1st-3rd in this conference is going to be an intense battle, right to the end. Congrats to the Lady Rebels. Condolences to the Lady Bearcats.

I suspect that the battle at the other end will be just as intense, which I somewhat did not see coming. Never expected Blytheville to be as tough as they are, and I'd say that on any given night, Westside, Pocohontas, Southside, Blytheville, and V.V. Could win against each other. Their's is the real fight - they're not battling to get to the top, but rather, to stay out of the bottom. Nobody wants to go into district as a 6, 7, or 8, because, in doing so, you face the 1, 2, or 3 at district, and that's where mediocre seasons go to die.

It's going to me more fun than I anticipated.

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
Brookland 14
Highland 7
After 1qt

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
Brookland 22
Highland 9
H

J12

Blytheville 10
Valley View 12

1Q

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys after 3 qt
Brookland 37
Highland 17

J12

Blytheville 26
Valley View 21

Half

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
Brookland 49
Highland 31
F

cannon

Blytheville 38
Valley View 37
6:37 in the fourth.

cannon

Valley View 55
Blytheville 45
F

J12

NEA Razorback olfan

cannon

Huge win. I would not expect the same result in Blytheville's gym. It's pretty hard to win over there. The crowd is electric.

Westside seems to be firmly entrenched at the top of the conference, but I've got a feeling there are going to be a lot of coin toss match-ups between here and the end.

Fun stuff. .

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2018, 09:21:42 pm
Huge win. I would not expect the same result in Blytheville's gym. It's pretty hard to win over there. The crowd is electric.

Westside seems to be firmly entrenched at the top of the conference, but I've got a feeling there are going to be a lot of coin toss match-ups between here and the end.

Fun stuff. .

Yes, I Agree!!

boss85

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2018, 06:08:38 am
We haven't been to Blytheville yet, but I couldn't have said what you did any better. Those kids are solid -- not superstars, mind you, but good enough that they should NOT be 0-11. Our girls are way down, so any win is a fight, but we've played worse teams than Blytheville. Changes my perspective about how conference standings could look in two months.
Yes sir cannon! Still a good win. 

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2018, 08:17:21 pm
Boys
Brookland 49
Highland 31
F
It wasn't that close!! Not sure what is going on with Highland Boys'! Players seem uninspired IMO!

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Rivercrest 20
Brookland 63
F

cannon

Valley View 46
Westside 20
Final
Girls
Halle Rich (11) for Valley View
Faith Whitmire (6) for Westside
#NEATourney18

Livewire

Would someone please post VV/Brookland scores tonight? I expect a dramatically different outcome from their last meeting.

J12

Quote from: Livewire on December 22, 2018, 06:03:16 pm
Would someone please post VV/Brookland scores tonight? I expect a dramatically different outcome from their last meeting.

I'll try and keep it updated.

cannon

Quote from: Livewire on December 22, 2018, 06:03:16 pm

I expect it to be tight. But I bet Bobby doesn't let the air out of the ball for the last 6 minutes of the game in this one. We'll see . . . I've been wrong once before.

J12

VV- 9
Brookland -9
1Q

VV jumped out to a 7-0 early lead.

J12

VV - 16
Brookland - 20

I'll save my opinion, but the game is just as boring as the score indicates.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas